• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
it was considered, but doesn't seem to be the case - it doesn't match the established file conventions

as for it being male joker using a ponytail, there isn't currently any costume--in spinoffs or otherwise--that would match that appearance, barring them just flat out making one up for smash. the closest possible thing would be joker's cross-dressing costume from dancing in starlight, but that's long hair, not a ponytail.
Ah, i was under the impression that his crossdressing outfit had a ponytail.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Ah, i was under the impression that his crossdressing outfit had a ponytail.
nah - there's a tiny chance it could use a 'ponytail' bone for animation, but then the name wouldn't make much sense for the developers it's meant as a reference for

1554029813898.png

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Wh- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO /s

Seriously though. It looks really distrubing. Even Yuji, whose I believe is creator of Sonic, really hates that render...
I think there was a tweet or something where a person who's working on the movie said "It's not the final design" so I expect it will be modified before being released officially, though if they already used a model based on that render for the movie itself, I'm not sure they have the time to change that.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Retailers, amirite?

Always accidentally leaking stuff.

Btw, that render looks slick.

Last edited:

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
With the new FNAF VR: Help Wanted coming out, I decided to make and fully render a concept. Thoughts? https://www.reddit.com/r/fivenights...imatronics/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

The withered animatronics, which are run down versions of the first ever Freddy's animatronics, were re-purposed into the animatronics we see in FNAF 1, so I thought, "What if we re-purpose them in FNAF VR?
That'd be interesting, but those would be some *long* segments. You'd have to completely replace the entire suit, not even counting the different endo.

D

Deleted member

That'd be interesting, but those would be some *long* segments. You'd have to completely replace the entire suit, not even counting the different endo.
My idea would be that you'd simple replace the body parts, not the endo. Maybe remove the ears.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I think there was a tweet or something where a person who's working on the movie said "It's not the final design" so I expect it will be modified before being released officially, though if they already used a model based on that render for the movie itself, I'm not sure they have the time to change that.
The movie's supposed to be released on November 2019, right? I'm hoping it will be changed... I mean, Detective Pikachu already get the renders right... But I guess the Sonic's fanbase, or at least the series in itself, never changes. It's been either, you like it or you hate it, since Sonic Adventure I guess.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
If Jack's ponytail thing is only for one specific costume, don't you think that it would be a bit strange?
Usually the characters who have a female alt have the same amount of male and female costumes.

Maybe it's an Olimar like situation, it's not really a costume but a different character completely (but still as a skin of Joker).

Hey, can someone size this up for me so it fits the entire signature length? Coming out small on my end.
View attachment 203007
I'll try my best, but if you increase the dimensions of a raster, the quality will drop...

EDIT:
edit2.PNG

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If Jack's ponytail thing is only for one specific costume, don't you think that it would be a bit strange?
Usually the characters who have a female alt have the same amount of male and female costumes.

Maybe it's an Olimar like situation, it's not really a costume but a different character completely (but still as a skin of Joker).
the files are incomplete - it's hard to say right now how many of the costumes use it. all we know that it currently applies to skin '6' (actually 7, because indexing goes 0-7 rather than 1-8), which suggests a few things:
  • it's probably on more than one skin, because making his second-to-last skin female but not the 8th would be strange
  • it's using olimar/alph ordering, not typical genderswap ordering - for example Corrin goes 0, 2, 4, 6 male, 1, 3, 5, 7 female, while Olimar/Alph is 0,1,2,3/4,5,6,7 respectively

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I'll try my best, but if you increase the dimensions of a raster, the quality will drop...

EDIT:
View attachment 203008
Thank you!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Slick render he has. Love that he basically has Young Link's in reverse but more stylish. Seems to fit his personality and flair.

The Ultimate renders continue to be amazing for the most part.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Holy ****post Batman what on Earth were you all drinking last night

Also, I like the Joker render. I was expecting the cool pose where he pulls on his glove (I am a persona EXPERT), but the one he got is flashy and fits in with the more “action-y” poses that most renders in this game have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom