• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I didn't say you couldn't have fun. In fact you can have fun pranking peoples around. You can do a prank on me, I assure you.

However, I've noticed that some peoples (not me) doesn't like being pranked, or others go a bit too extreme with pranking and april fool days.
I’ve already been pranked so I’ve got nothing to worry about!

Right?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I’ve already been pranked so I’ve got nothing to worry about!

Right?
I'm not going to comment on that.
Besides, I got a warning just now only because I replied to your post, that one that you posted before server went down, trying to follow up your meme.

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
*points Castlevania icon*
Well, I guess I can't bring up a counter-argument.

What I still find weird is how the Final Fantasy series icon is just a really standard "FF" and not the meteorite thing you see in the logos. (haven't played FF, don't know if that meteorite thing has a name or something)

MainJPW

M.T.A
That or, since I haven't been using this forum in awhile, they changed what happened to the website while there is a maintenance.
Now that you mentioned it the forum hasn’t given me that message for several months now. Now it just sorta happens.

Anyway, moving on...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ha!

Ha....

Ha?
It’s real comedian hours.

D

Deleted member

Damn, I really didn't think I'd get people. But now y'all know how it feels to suffer. This is how it feels to be Punished Scott.

Suffering is eternal.

yeah, okay.png

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well, I guess I can't bring up a counter-argument.

What I still find weird is how the Final Fantasy series icon is just a really standard "FF" and not the meteorite thing you see in the logos. (haven't played FF, don't know if that meteorite thing has a name or something)
technically the meteor would be more accurate as cloud is in here repping FF7 in particular

square wouldn't even give them the franchise as a whole

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just added my name to the AMA list because apparently my poor judgement gets poorer at 4am.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
You know what. I have a question for everyone here.

Have you ever been warned on this forums, or in any other forums? I'm going to assume that's most likely a yes, but in which case, which warning did you get here? And for what reason?

What about other forums? And do you like it when you get a warning, or not?

I just added my name to the AMA list because apparently my poor judgement gets poorer at 4am.
May I please find the AMA you're talking about? I would like to add myself, because apparently I feel a little stupid at times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! that’s @TotsBS, not me.

I get that we agree on a good amount of things and are similarly excuberant in our postings, but surely we’re not that similar.
IIRC there was like only one thing we massively disagreed on, but other than that I don't see what else there is to disagree with ya on.

Though what if I actually am you.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
switch news channel just started pushing joker and fighter's pass all of a sudden 30 minutes ago

something's going on

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Dammit, now you ****ing got me cause I see nothing on my Switch, lmao.
nah it's actually there, it's nothing new - just the Approaching: April trailer

it's just that the timing's interesting with the render leak

edit: it also says it's for nintendo accounts in Europe, which might be it

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

I'm seeing that notification as well, and I'm in Europe. So I can confirm that the notification does indeed exists.

But the way of the timing just suddenly had me thinking, and it could be it...

Could it be that Joker's render/model was intentionally leaked, to build up hype? I mean, some markets intentionally leak things that then becomes true, as to build up the hype for something.

Also. Do not hide from me. I know you're there, and I see it on the user list... Zinith Zinith

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If anything, here's what I think. Why would Nintendo give the render to Best Buy -- of all the times -- now? Wouldn't they wanna do it near that whole Persona 5 Royal "Trust Us Guys This is the Real One" announcement?

If they're willing to give retailers the render, if you ask me, I'd say Joker and the DLC pack would be pretty much done. See, now this makes things more confusing.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
If anything, here's what I think. Why would Nintendo give the render to Best Buy -- of all the times -- now? Wouldn't they wanna do it near that whole Persona 5 Royal "Trust Us Guys This is the Real One" announcement?

If they're willing to give retailers the render, if you ask me, I'd say Joker and the DLC pack would be pretty much done. See, now this makes things more confusing.
Like I said before, I think it could be because they intentionally did so to build up hype. Remember, some companies do intentionally leak things to get peoples hyped up for a thing. Perhaps it was intentionally leaked now, for a reason. It's a marketing strategy.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Like I said before, I think it could be because they intentionally did so to build up hype. Remember, some companies do intentionally leak things to get peoples hyped up for a thing. Perhaps it was intentionally leaked now, for a reason. It's a marketing strategy.
Personally a render wouldn't hype me at all.
I mean, they leaked a render, ok, cool, but aside of that we know the same as before, nothing new except a fancy low resolution image...

But I guess it depends on people.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Personally a render wouldn't hype me at all.
I mean, they leaked a render, ok, cool, but aside of that we know the same as before, nothing new except a fancy low resolution image...

But I guess it depends on people.
Yeah... but still, it is one strategy to intentionally leak a thing, anyhow.

By the way, I notice you live in Italy. It's the same country that I live in, admittedly. I thought I was the only italian person here.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Yeah... but still, it is one strategy to intentionally leak a thing, anyhow.

By the way, I notice you live in Italy. It's the same country that I live in, admittedly. I thought I was the only italian person here.
Yeah I live in Italy as well!
It's nice to find other Italian people!

D

Deleted member

I can guarantee you that if we're talking about the video games industry, 99.9% any leaks are not intentional whatsoever, be it Walmart Canada or Best Buy. It's usually never the case at all for developers to say "oh hey, I'm gonna intentionally leak a huge part of my game coming soon", and doesn't make sense at all. And besides, it wouldn't fit what Nintendo is pushing about "oh, well you'll have to wait and see" about 3.0.0. It's always either someone who's got a source or by complete accident by good ol' Intern-kun.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Since this is their weekly ads, all signs point toward at least a gameplay trailer within the next 7 days

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I can guarantee you that if we're talking about the video games industry, 99.9% any leaks are not intentional whatsoever, be it Walmart Canada or Best Buy. It's usually never the case at all for developers to say "oh hey, I'm gonna intentionally leak a huge part of my game coming soon", and doesn't make sense at all. And besides, it wouldn't fit what Nintendo is pushing about "oh, well you'll have to wait and see" about 3.0.0. It's always either someone who's got a source or by complete accident by good ol' Intern-kun.
Oh, now that you mention it, this does make sense now that I think about it. Sorry for the suggestion that I posted, I guess.

I was thinking a bit too much about the 2016, when we were all waiting for Pokemon Sun and Moon. Early on, I believe, there was a leak about final evolution of the starters. We all thought that it was fake, and we even pointed out several inconsistence, but despite all of this, the leak was fully real.

Peoples were theorizing that maybe Game Freak intentionally leaked that part. But to this day, it's not a good guess at all.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
normal, sensible people: does the joker render being leaked mean an announcement is coming up soon?
me, an intellectual: does joker+jane having an english voice mean that p5 the royal's localisation is already in the works?

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I dont think Jane is gonna be P5R girl, maybe one of Jokers skins will have his hair in a ponytail. Hell, maybe its just Ann in his final smash.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
On the subject of leaks, while I was right about the Grinch leak being fake, the Sonic movie leak tricked me for similar reasons.
It looked fake to me because the "render" is not an actual render but a sort of 2D picture made with photo editing/drawing programs it seems, and there were some inconsistencies in the proportions and prespective of the character... though several sources (official ones too) hinted at it being real...
I'm glad I didn't go crazy on the Internet saying "IT'S FAKE!!1!1" like I did for the Grinch one :halfsheep:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hell, maybe its just Ann in his final smash.
it was considered, but doesn't seem to be the case - it doesn't match the established file conventions

as for it being male joker using a ponytail, there isn't currently any costume--in spinoffs or otherwise--that would match that appearance, barring them just flat out making one up for smash. the closest possible thing would be joker's cross-dressing costume from dancing in starlight, but that's long hair, not a ponytail.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
On the subject of leaks, while I was right about the Grinch leak being fake, the Sonic movie leak tricked me for similar reasons.
It looked fake to me because the "render" is not an actual render but a sort of 2D picture made with photo editing/drawing programs it seems, and there were some inconsistencies in the proportions and prespective of the character... though several sources (official ones too) hinted at it being real...
I'm glad I didn't go crazy on the Internet saying "IT'S FAKE!!1!1" like I did for the Grinch one :halfsheep:
Wait, what? That leak, about Sonic's render, that one that looks horrible... was real?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Wait, what? That leak, about Sonic's render, that one that looks horrible... was real?

It's not 100% confirmed real but almost...

Yeah that's disappointing, but there's nothing we can do about that, let's just hope it will be good for the memes at least...

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
It's not 100% confirmed real but almost...

Yeah that's disappointing, but there's nothing we can do about that, let's just hope it will be good for the memes at least...
Wh- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO /s

Seriously though. It looks really distrubing. Even Yuji, whose I believe is creator of Sonic, really hates that render...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom