• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Okay, so on the subject of this Joker render leaking from Best Buy, we may have learned something substantial.

Best Buy was likely given the promotional materials in advance so that they could use the render in their advertisements around the same time that Joker was officially shown. This is from their weekly ad for March 31-April 6, meaning that-- unless someone in their marketing department royally ****ed up-- they were likely allowed to show it by some date on or before April 6th.

It's no longer a stretch to infer that we're getting the 3.0.0 direct/video/whatever this week.
> a reveal before the 24th is now much likelier

no no no no no no not jane please no she was so young

1554016886644.png

D

Deleted member

Metal Gear Rising is the good kind of edgy, for example
Okay I am not targeting this towards you Brelooming you're a very nice and cool person but this is one thing from a list of few that **** me off, And that's oversaturation of a word especially "Edgy" and the like.

There's a difference between a piece of "Edgy" content and Dark Content, Metal Gear Rising as an example is Dark, Not Edgy.

The definition of Dark is "Relating to Dark or Depressing Circumstances" That's very loose so let's define it as "A Depressing Circumstance usually fulfilling some kind of purpose in Media." Some Stories and Games can be Dark without being "Edgy" MGR is Dark, Not Edgy. Another Example is Batman; The Killing Joke it's a very Dark Comic but it serves a purpose for telling a story within the Batman franchise so I wouldn't consider it "Edgy".

Edgy is defined as "Someone or Something trying too hard to be Cool, Usually ending up as Cringe Worthy" Again another Loose Definition so let's define it as "Something or some sort of Media trying to be Cool Or Interesting by handling Dark Subjects and Dark stuff for no reason usually ending us as Cringe Worthy" which those two previous examples are not, The Gamecube game "Shadow The Hedgehog" is the prime example of "Edgy".

Shadow the Hedgehog has no reason to be nearly as "Edgy" as it ended up being, It's a Sonic game for crying out loud and the game ended up completely butchering the Character of Shadow cause of that Edge. Shadow from Adventure 2 wasn't nearly as Edgy as he was in that game, Shadow was mysterious and interesting he was moody sure but he wasn't nearly as Edgy as he was in "Shadow The Hedgehog" they went from "Oh he's moody yet interesting and Mysterious" to a bland "Shooty Mc. Shooty with a lot of attitude" character. That game had no reason for being nearly as Dark as it ended up being, Which is how I would define "Edgy".

There's a difference between "Edgy" and "Dark" some may not realize it but it's there, You can even look at Characters from different Media and see that there's a difference between "Edgy" and "Dark.

Jotaro Kujo from JoJo isn't "Edgy" even though he puts on a dark and strong front, He does that for a reason, To Protect his loved ones and keep his head in the objective or at least that's how I perceive it.

Meanwhile Characters like Shadow Nowadays is Dark for the hell of it, Not cause he has a reason to be.

There is a difference between Dark Content and "Edgy" Content and Characters.

Sorry for Snapping at you by the way if it seems like I was targeting that towards you I was not I was just getting some feelings off my chest by writing about something that sort of annoys me. You're a good person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm gonna make a random guess and say April 4th at 3 PM PST it is then with a bunch of random games and then they drop Joker's breakdown at the end with a "out right now!" thing.

Guess we can finally kill Jane now if she doesn't get revealed in the next say, 1-2 hours.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You read all that and went "nu-uh I'm right" ?

That didn't make you reconsider things... at all?
You aren't even going to **** out a halfassed response? Not even a halfassed one?
I've already had this discussion before, I simply don't find either of those movies enjoyable. What Opossum said was all about their themes and what Cap represents. Those aren't enough to make two films that I believe fail in aspects such as overall writing, pacing and structure suddenly enjoyabld.
I like Cap's character and I more than respect what he represents, nothing wrong with those, but I genuinely can't remember a scene in First Avenger that I actually liked and the three things I enjoyed from Civil War were the existence of Black Panther and Spider-Man, and the fighting choreography.

Roberk

Smash Champion
tfw you find an actual leak and you want to send it to your friends for bragging rights but it's 2:00 in the morning and you don't wanna be the guy that texts Smash leaks at 2:00 in the morning

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You are talking about Avengers Academy kids, which admittedly have it worse than Young Avengers. You can at least still see Hawkeye, Wiccan, Hulkling and Stinger around.

Hazmat and Mettle are just...gone.
Mettle was cool though.

I forgot her name was Hazmat, because there's a character with the same name in Marvel Nemesis.

Hazmat.jpg

He's a weird acid man who could swing around like Spider-Man and Venom could.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I would say this lends proof to an April direct coming up, since the press materials for Joker have already been sent out.
Oh it absolutely does. That's why it's an actual, useful leak.

I hate when self-pronounced leakers play coy and say nothing but act like it's big news. "I heard there's an April direct" is like me looking at clouds in the sky and claiming I have insider info that it's going to ****ing rain. But they were noncommittal enough that, should an April direct not happen, they can easily backtrack. But if things pop up that lend credence to the claim-- you know, actual leaks-- they can piggyback on them and say, "See? I told you so!"

It's like those guys earlier today that were saying we "should tune in" at the end of the day at PAX or whatever with a wink wink nudge nudge "I'm not telling youuuuu" attitude. And then nothing happened. That's not a leak; that's a ****ing guess.

D

Deleted member

but this is one thing from a list of few that **** me off
Now I don't mean to ignore your well written rant about edginess, which I understand a little bit more now

But is piss seriously censored lol what

EDIT: wait hol up what did you say then

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay I am not targeting this towards you Brelooming you're a very nice and cool person but this is one thing from a list of few that **** me off, And that's oversaturation of a word especially "Edgy" and the like.

There's a difference between a piece of "Edgy" content and Dark Content, Metal Gear Rising as an example is Dark, Not Edgy.

The definition of Dark is "Relating to Dark or Depressing Circumstances" That's very loose so let's define it as "A Depressing Circumstance usually fulfilling some kind of purpose in Media." Some Stories and Games can be Dark without being "Edgy" MGR is Dark, Not Edgy. Another Example is Batman; The Killing Joke it's a very Dark Comic but it serves a purpose for telling a story within the Batman franchise so I wouldn't consider it "Edgy".

Edgy is defined as "Someone or Something trying too hard to be Cool, Usually ending up as Cringe Worthy" Again another Loose Definition so let's define it as "Something or some sort of Media trying to be Cool Or Interesting by handling Dark Subjects and Dark stuff for no reason usually ending us as Cringe Worthy" which those two previous examples are not, The Gamecube game "Shadow The Hedgehog" is the prime example of "Edgy".

Shadow the Hedgehog has no reason to be nearly as "Edgy" as it ended up being, It's a Sonic game for crying out loud and the game ended up completely butchering the Character of Shadow cause of that Edge. Shadow from Adventure 2 wasn't nearly as Edgy as he was in that game, Shadow was mysterious and interesting he was moody sure but he wasn't nearly as Edgy as he was in "Shadow The Hedgehog" they went from "Oh he's moody yet interesting and Mysterious" to a bland "Shooty Mc. Shooty with a lot of attitude" character. That game had no reason for being nearly as Dark as it ended up being, Which is how I would define "Edgy".

There's a difference between "Edgy" and "Dark" some may not realize it but it's there, You can even look at Characters from different Media and see that there's a difference between "Edgy" and "Dark.

Jotaro Kujo from JoJo isn't "Edgy" even though he puts on a dark and strong front, He does that for a reason, To Protect his loved ones and keep his head in the objective or at least that's how I perceive it.

Meanwhile Characters like Shadow Nowadays is Dark for the hell of it, Not cause he has a reason to be.

There is a difference between Dark Content and "Edgy" Content and Characters.

Sorry for Snapping at you by the way if it seems like I was targeting that towards you I was not I was just getting some feelings off my chest by writing about something that sort of annoys me. You're a good person.
I dunno. I think edginess has an appeal to it. You just can't play it completely straight. Edgy characters and works need a wink or two to the audiance to show they aren't complete tryhards.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I dunno. I think edginess has an appeal to it. You just can't play it completely straight. Edgy characters and works need a wink or two to the audiance to show they aren't complete tryhards.
Isn't Devil May Cry 5, like, peak edginess-in-a-way-that-people-actually-like-it?

That game is absolutely nothing but edge. Every main character sounds like a teenager doing a Batman Begins impersonation.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pop quiz. What do you guys know about Shaka Zulu?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If Rotom's etymology threw you guys for a loop, then boy howdy, wait until you learn about Seel.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Guess we can finally kill Jane now if she doesn't get revealed in the next say, 1-2 hours.
why would she need to be revealed so soon? we don't even have a confirmed direct or joker release date yet.

the only thing that could kill her dead in the water is joker being announced with a release date before the 24th, since they sure as hell won't be showing anything to do with jane before then, early direct or no.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
also any time someone tries to tell me MCU has bad casting i have to remind them that they literally hired real-life tony stark and steve rogers
Who on earth is saying THAT?! If anything I think the MCU has some of the most stellar casting choices I’ve ever seen in movie adaptations!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Isn't Devil May Cry 5, like, peak edginess-in-a-way-that-people-actually-like-it?

That game is absolutely nothing but edge. Every main character sounds like a teenager doing a Batman Begins impersonation.
Dude...

Dante's introduction has him eating pizza while spinning on a guy's body and playing butt-rock on a jukebox. I don't think he qualifies for the edge moniker.

D

Deleted member

Absolutely nothing.
Do I get a prize?
Edit: Oooh, I remember him. He was influential in the Zulu Kingdom, some YouTube video I watched.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Most of the time sure. But there's bound to be some edgy work that's not terrible and plays it straight. Haven't seen it yet though.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
why would she need to be revealed so soon? we don't even have a confirmed direct or joker release date yet.

the only thing that could kill her dead in the water is joker being announced with a release date before the 24th, since they sure as hell won't be showing anything to do with jane before then, early direct or no.
What if ponytail girl really is Fem!Joker and he just drops with her as an alt.

Imagine the chaos.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

That isn't edge at all.

DMC is more cheesy than anything else, the good kind of cheese (the one that entertain you and make you want to see more), but cheese nonethless. (buuuut it can be pretty narmy at time)

The DmC reboot is actually a edge fest tho.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

8 players at Smashville with items at max:
nightmare.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Well assuming they drop Joker's breakdown within the next week, there isn't exactly a lot of other opportunities for Jane to be shown. She won't get her grand reveal as an alt costume that's for sure.

D

Deleted member

That isn't edge at all.

DMC is more cheesy than anything else, the good kind of cheese, but cheese nonethless.

The DmC reboot is actually a edge fest.
I saw someone describe DmC as "We live in a society but unironic" and up until that point I would've never believed it was possible to so succinctly describe something with a single sentence.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow, I will release my full analysis on why Erdrick is not 100% guaranteed.

Stay tuned.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've fought a ton of Pokemon Trainer dittos today. Like, I've run across at least 4 through Quickplay.

Is it luck, or is PT really popular in California or something?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Never heard of it.

You guys might think Yen Sid is derived from two words but actually...
You know, the man who founded the Zulu empire in Africa?

D

Deleted member

I've fought a ton of Pokemon Trainer dittos today. Like, I've run across at least 4 through Quickplay.

Is it luck, or is PT really popular in California or something?
:ultpokemontrainer: is actually quite a common pick, from what I see.

Also it is 3:40 AM. Yeesh.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I saw someone describe DmC as "We live in a society but unironic" and up until that point I would've never believed it was possible to so succinctly describe something with a single sentence.
Oh yeah, it's about as subtle as a nuclear bomb with the words "SOCIAL COMMENTARY" slapped on it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll admit that most of what I know comes from online history stuff, Civilization, and pop culture since the only time post-1800s African history was ever really covered was the Apartheid.

But I know he was the leader of the Zulus, a very big deal, a great warrior, and that he was assassinated.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That line you quoted missed three swears in it to be fully accurate.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well assuming they drop Joker's breakdown within the next week, there isn't exactly a lot of other opportunities for Jane to be shown. She won't get her grand reveal as an alt costume that's for sure.
honestly, if joker were revealed before the persona concert, i imagine they'd show her at the end after the royal's full reveal as a hype-ass 'last surprise' type announcement - like "oh yeah btw you can get to know not!fem!joker in advance when joker launches for super smash bros tomorrow"

precedent (mewtwo, lucas, cloud, corrin, bayo) says they need to show off his gameplay a while in advance of release, but there was always still a good few weeks (even months for some) of waiting after those

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
In my Hardcore world, there was this super weird bug.
There was a swamp biome, and I had to go home.
Everytime I progressed in the swamp biome, the game's frame rate decreased and then the game crashed. What is weird is the game crashed in like five different ways.
So I simply went around the swamp.
Stop hexing me, that is supposed to be my job.

Roberk

Smash Champion
:098:Jane the alt is dead:098:

:098:Jane the alt is dead:098:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Best Buy-kun slipping us real info after the disappointment of today.

Now where's Jane?

Pokemon puns might be dumb, but it's slightly better than Toriyama naming characters off of stuff he found in the kitchen.
Reminder that Jiren is named after stove because he flat out cooked everyone on the Tournament.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll admit that most of what I know comes from online history stuff, Civilization, and pop culture since the only time post-1800s African history was ever really covered was the Apartheid.

But I know he was the leader of the Zulus, a very big deal, a great warrior, and that he was assassinated.
Do you know why he was assasinsted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom