• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Huh, I remember the Zulu empire.
I should learn more about it. It was in southern Africa.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay, let's get this out of the way.

The phantom thieves consist of 8 members including Joker excluding Goro. This perfectly fills up his potential alt colors, but with Jane that makes 9. Now, in a hypothetical situation, which of the phantom thief colors should get booted for Jane?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That isn't edge at all.

DMC is more cheesy than anything else, the good kind of cheese (the one that entertain you and make you want to see more), but cheese nonethless. (buuuut it can be pretty narmy at time)

The DmC reboot is actually a edge fest tho.
I'm speaking from ignorance because I just watched my brother play multiple times. He loves the game.

V and the character-who-I-think-is-a-spoiler are total edgelords, while Dante and Nero are the 90s kid sort of edge where everything's a punchline, everything's exaggeratedly "cool" and everything they do simultaneously makes you want to cheer them on and groan with all your being.

Maybe I'm just misclassifying "edge" and applying it where it doesn't belong. That's certainly possible. But V is TOTALLY edge incarnate. He just walked out of a Hot Topic changing room, talks like he got a tonsillectomy that never healed properly and is accompanied by demons taking the shape of a black panther and a black raven.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*grabs Jane drawing*
*shakes it in Desperation 3*

You still have a chance!
You still have a chaaaaance!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

The phantom thieves consist of 8 members including Joker excluding Goro. This perfectly fills up his potential alt colors, but with Jane that makes 9. Now, in a hypothetical situation, which of the phantom thief colors should get booted for Jane?
haru died as she lived

irrelevant

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Reminder that Jiren is named after stove because he flat out cooked everyone on the Tournament.
I thought it was because he had all the personality of a kitchen appliance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now I don't mean to ignore your well written rant about edginess, which I understand a little bit more now

But is piss seriously censored lol what

EDIT: wait hol up what did you say then
No I said that it pissed me off I just wanted to be cautious

D

Deleted member

Almost 1am but damn, an actual leak from Best Buy.

Maybe Futaba? She's a bit smaller than the cast and doesn't fight directly, another option is Morgana since he's a cat. Could see Akechi and the new girl in their place.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Morgana, I guess, he doesn't have much colors to work with.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
They're replaying the P5R **** so maybe some news...?

Yup. A new intro slide has just appeared. Tune in to the SEGA FES stream if you're curous.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Maybe they are actually dropping the info on April 1 to deal with the leak.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of note, Joker had no gun on his in-game model, and it doesn't appear in his render either.

Nothing definitive saying it was left out yet, but it's just something to note.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm speaking from ignorance because I just watched my brother play multiple times. He loves the game.

V and the character-who-I-think-is-a-spoiler are total edgelords, while Dante and Nero are the 90s kid sort of edge where everything's a punchline, everything's exaggeratedly "cool" and everything they do simultaneously makes you want to cheer them on and groan with all your being.

Maybe I'm just misclassifying "edge" and applying it where it doesn't belong. That's certainly possible. But V is TOTALLY edge incarnate. He just walked out of a Hot Topic changing room, talks like he got a tonsillectomy that never healed properly and is accompanied by demons taking the shape of a black panther and a black raven.
As someone who, sadly, hasn't been able to play the game BUT did watch the story in it's entirety along with gameplay in it.

V is edgy yes.....but I say it's the good kind of edge. Since he does have a sense of humor about it, and he even have a pretty silly side to him when you look at his taunt and such. Also, that blue bird you're talking about? He is basically Iago from Aladdin, and that help balance V edgy side by alot.

Also, that bird, tiger & the black golem I assume you haven't seen are enemy from the past DMC games, so they aren't just here for the sake of making him more dark or whatever.

I ain't saying that DMC writting is like shakespear or somethin', but the main character in general have more behind them that one might think at first they aren't just one-liner machine if you prefer, so, don't let appareance fool you, V is a edgy boy, but a good edgy boy imo.

D

Deleted member

Of note, Joker had no gun on his in-game model, and it doesn't appear in his render either.

Joker is our first dagger fighter!
JOKER IS NOT A SWORD FIGHTER.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Eh, it doesn't exactly prove anything. Joker doesn't dual wield, he just pulls out his gun occassionally.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

also jane was in costume 07 (6 in the files but indexing starts at 0), wasn't she?

i can see them going male thieves for male joker (joker, ryuji, yusuke, morgana) and female thieves for jane (ann, makoto, futaba, haru)

that said, that doesn't leave room for jane herself - so maybe without futaba or haru

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What would win?

A big company that takes its sweet ass time with announcements

Or

One Best Boi?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
also jane was in costume 07 (6 in the files but indexing starts at 0), wasn't she?

i can see them going male thieves for male joker (joker, ryuji, yusuke, morgana) and female thieves for jane (ann, makoto, futaba, haru)
But that would mean like, no default Jane color, which is kiiiiinda weird.

Ah the Persona mini-concert has started with PQ2... ah just end me.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So tomorrow I'm going to finally finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider (way overdue on that) and then I'm going to start another game. The candidates are:
  • Persona 5
  • Ace Combat 7
  • Bravely Default
  • Paper Mario Color Splash
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Though I already know how some of you will vote, I'm curious what the general consensus is.

D

Deleted member

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1112258872251695104

Mystic confirmed that the render is new so this is pretty much confirmed to be legit. Can't believe that we DID end up getting some news but from Best Buy lmao.
Its way better than the other ones in the fake leaks, glad to see it.

Considering Sakurai, it wouldn't surprise me that most of his attacks involve the knife and Personas and opted to avoid having the gun.

D

Deleted member

I know I hate leaks and all, but I feel like this render is legit.
I wonder how Nintendo will react to this Best Buy slip...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So tomorrow I'm going to finally finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider (way overdue on that) and then I'm going to start another game. The candidates are:
  • Persona 5
  • Ace Combat 7
  • Bravely Default
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Though I already know how some of you will vote, I'm curious what the general consensus is.

My vote is obvious

Bravely Default for the Edea memes.

D

Deleted member

• Persona 5
  • Ace Combat 7
  • Bravely Default
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
PMCS is mediocre. I never even heard of AC7 until now.

Go with either Persona 5, Bravely Default or XC2.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
  • Persona 5
  • Ace Combat 7
  • Bravely Default
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
there can only be one

1554019245289.png

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
  • Persona 5
  • Ace Combat 7
  • Bravely Default
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Paper Mario Color Splash

For the sole purpose of having Yoshi in it and nothing else :yoshi:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I didn't, but I just looked it up and holy ****.

The man didn't take grieving well, needless to say.
Yeah, it's almost comical.

If it wasn't recorded I'd say it was fake.

Arguably a time when political assassination is justified.

D

Deleted member

Okay so what's this leak thing?
What would win?

A big company that takes its sweet *** time with announcements

Or

One Best Boi?
OH MY **** DID GENO LEAK? CAN WE FINALLY SPECULATE ABOUT CHARACTERS OUTSIDE OF SMASHBOARDS WITHOUT GETTING THE **** KNOCKED OUT OF US? ARE WE IN THAT 1 OUT OF MILLIONS OF TIMELINES WHERE GENO GETS IN? DO I FINALLY GET TO REST AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT THE FIGHTERS PASS IS WORTH THE BUY?!

no? It's Joker? Y'know that's cool too. That must mean a Direct will happen sometime in April.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The best way to look at the DMC characters is their taunts.

Dante is cool-surfer dude and taunts to entertain himself.

V is a nerd and taunts to be mysterious and cool.

Nero is a punk and taunts to piss off the opponent.

Vergil is rich kid and taunts to assert dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom