• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hello everyone!

I have created my analysis.

View attachment 202900

Ever since that “Brave” leak, predictability for the next DLC character increased, or so they say.

“Brave” leak: A user named “jam1garner” datamined Ultimate to find a character named “Brave”. Brave can be anything, but it has been closely related to Erdrick, because of a “Brave” class in that Japanese Dragon Quest game. Apparently they can not wall jump, are heavier than Mii Sword Fighter but lighter than Mega Man, and is slower than Young Link, but faster than Kirby. You could point to it being “armor Erdrick”, but armor is usually slow, and Young Link is fast. It can be linked to “child Erdrick”, but I do not think Erdrick as a child can not be heavier than Mii Sword Fighter. I think Brave can be a lot of stuff, like Edea or Agnes. “Brave” is quite a vague word. It is a name of a class in that Dragon Quest name, but Brave is a lot of things too.
I dunno why people put so much stock in the weight of a character. A placeholder weight at that. If Snake was leaked with the Super Heavyweight Class that he was during Brawl people would have been like "Naw, that's bull ****. Snake is a limber, agile, spy. There's no WAY he'd be a Super Heavyweight." And those people would be wrong as hell.

D

Deleted member

I dunno why people put so much stock in the weight of a character. A placeholder weight at that. If Snake was leaked with the Super Heavyweight Class that he was during Brawl people would have been like "Naw, that's bull ****. Snake is a limber, agile, spy. There's no WAY he'd be a Super Heavyweight." And those people would be wrong as hell.
I am adding more to it.

I am not copying, but taking a little inspiration on @ShotoStar 's Geno Essay.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I've watched the Borderlands 3 trailer more times than I care to count. I didn't realize how badly I wanted a new Borderlands until one was announced.
Basically **** every game that is coming out or has already come out this year LET ME GO BACK TO PANDORA

D

Deleted member

Hello everyone!

I have created my analysis.

View attachment 202900

Ever since that “Brave” leak, predictability for the next DLC character increased, or so they say.

“Brave” leak: A user named “jam1garner” datamined Ultimate to find a character named “Brave”. Brave can be anything, but it has been closely related to Erdrick, because of a “Brave” class in that Japanese Dragon Quest game. Apparently they can not wall jump, are heavier than Mii Sword Fighter but lighter than Mega Man, and is slower than Young Link, but faster than Kirby. You could point to it being “armor Erdrick”, but armor is usually slow, and Young Link is fast. It can be linked to “child Erdrick”, but I do not think Erdrick as a child can not be heavier than Mii Sword Fighter. I think Brave can be a lot of stuff, like Edea or Agnes. “Brave” is quite a vague word. It is a name of a class in that Dragon Quest name, but Brave is a lot of things too.

“You’ll Never See it Coming”: Joker. No one expected Joker to arrive in the Game Awards. Vergeben stated that we would get a Square representative next, but even Vergeben was blown away by Joker arriving into the scenes. Sure, someone actually datamined the game, but what if it is leak bait? What if Nintendo knew this would happen? Nintendo likes to keep things a surprise, so I think we can not expect anyone, really. Okay sure, the file was found, but that was only descriptions of the character and “Brave”. We will probably not see it coming. This “Brave” leak is not as diabolical as the Roy and Ryu cutscenes being datamined, anyway.

My thoughts on Erdrick? I apologize to any Erdrick fans reading this, but in my opinion, Erdrick is not guaranteed. Despite Dragon Quest coming on the Switch, despite the leaks, we should not have the mentality that we can expect Erdrick at anytime. Persona 5 is not on the Switch as of yet, and Joker has already been confirmed. Nintendo will give us a nice and fun surprise when the next character gets revealed. These were my thoughts on “Erdrick for Smash Bros”.

Feedback is appreciated.
Speed up son, also values are avgue and can very easily change.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I've watched the Borderlands 3 trailer more times than I care to count. I didn't realize how badly I wanted a new Borderlands until one was announced.
Basically **** every game that is coming out or has already come out this year LET ME GO BACK TO PANDORA
Dude, literally me! Which Vault Hunter are you gonna play? I'm probably gonna pick Moze.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm confused by the "Borderlands Game of the Year Edition" thing.

Game of what year? 2009? You know you guys already released a GOTY edition, right? In 2010?

D

Deleted member

Dude, literally me! Which Vault Hunter are you gonna play? I'm probably gonna pick Moze.
They all look great, but I'm split between Flak and the siren. I'll have to see what they play like before I really make a decision, but if the siren is even half as fun as Kreig was she'll probably be the one I play first.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Quote me on this.

Honestly, Banjo & Kazooie are like almost there to being "almost confirmed". Once NateDrake drops the hint, though? Banjo is 100% confirmed for our 3rd DLC fighter reveal @ E3. He HAS to know something at the least among various rumor circles. He knew about Incineroar and Ken being the truth, and hell, given how insane Spawn's circle is at finding out info, he probably knew before Vergeben doubled down on Incineroar, for Christ's sake.
Don't get your hopes too high either.

Also, there's always the cooler choice of Fulgore too. it'll never happen though.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have a bad relationship with Borderlands.

When I first tried to play it, I was trying to play with friends that were FAR ahead of me and just gave me a crap ton of guns way above my level then marched forward without me. Wasn't fun at all and I quickly returned it and got Lost Planet 2 instead.

Then BL2 came out and I was intent to get in on it from the beginning. But I was on the west coast, and when I got home from the midnight release my friends had been playing for three hours without me and were all going to bed. I worked overtime that week and barely got to play it; they beat the game without me and I just kinda said "**** it". I still own the game, too. But I've never beaten it.

Like, I'm sure it's fun, but I didn't have fun playing it due to circumstance. Soured the taste for me.

D

Deleted member

GG, pretty much the game was over when they discovered my partner as the sniper

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

When I first tried to play it, I was trying to play with friends that were FAR ahead of me and just gave me a crap ton of guns way above my level then marched forward without me. Wasn't fun at all and I quickly returned it and got Lost Planet 2 instead.

Then BL2 came out and I was intent to get in on it from the beginning. But I was on the west coast, and when I got home from the midnight release my friends had been playing for three hours without me and were all going to bed. I worked overtime that week and barely got to play it; they beat the game without me and I just kinda said "**** it". I still own the game, too. But I've never beaten it.

Like, I'm sure it's fun, but I didn't have fun playing it due to circumstance. Soured the taste for me.
Hah, I just played it on my own. Was fun enough for that, but replays with other characters were a bit painful

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

That sucks dude, but I can understand how that'd sour the experience. A friend of mine introduced me to the series several years ago, but I've yet to actually play it with him since he usually plays solo. Luckily I have a twin brother who I can play with couch co-op style, which is really fun (There just aren't many couch co-op games anymore). We've made a habit of playing through each BL game every summer since then, so it's like tradition for us now. That's why it's so special to me. We're both super hyped for 3.

D

Deleted member

Sucks that they went ahead without you, I can see why it left a bad taste in your mouth. If you have any of the games on PC and want to try again I'd gladly play through them with you, I was planning to anyway with the updates coming out next week.
please don't catch the flu
Too late sucker :4dk:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
hello
hello
is there any news?
hello
hello
please don't catch the flu
hello
hello
hello
hellllllo
hello
hello
hello
hello
WHEN THE LIGHT'S OUT

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure how many people saw this, but there's now a difference between Peach and Daisy that's been found.

I wonder what other minor differences the echoes have from one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom