• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Holy **** the amazing world of gumball just had Principal Brown say "Listen, I'm not a furry. I just wanted to know what I looked like with a tail."
I always laugh at just how much that show has changed dramatically from what it used to be. It was extremely run of the mill in the beginning, but by season 3, hoo boy did things change.

TBH Gumball can be a little too real sometimes.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still got a lot of faith in Hayabusa. One of the last surviving NES Legends that isn't in Smash.
I apparently overlooked him. Since he counts as unexpected but would be very big in terms of hype and having forgotten that Dante was disconfirmed. I'll replace Dante with Hayabusa.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Moydow tends to Noipoi's wounds.

Smashing Ramen receives clean water from an unknown sponsor.

Cutie Gwen fishes.

JDCabrera dies from hunger.

staindgrey sprains his ankle while running away from Cool Typhlosion.

KMDP KMDP Uh, vengeance?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Banjo-Kazooie
Erdrick
Heihachi Mishima
Joker (Confirmed)
Ryu Hayabusa

I'd be darn satified if these were the characters. Its got two characters I would want. Banjo and Hayabusa.

D

Deleted member

Gumball got so meta.
It really did. Not to mention it has what has got to be some of the most random and obscure references I've ever seen in a kid's cartoon. There's a scene in an episode where they just straight up recreate the opening to Cowboy Bebop with the Larry character.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well at least they're still supporting SMT Dx2 as much as it makes me want to shoot the person who decided the pulls.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Idk if you guys were aware but polar panda said this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Whenever I hear rare replay coming to the switch...I see banjo coming to smash as an advertisement for this.

Also the duck hunt glitch as well
Oh, cool....Wait WHAT? This better be real. I want to play some KI, even if its the jankier titles.

Spiderman 2.gif

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Im telling y'all the Fighters Pass is going to be composed of calculated picks based off of two things:
  • Marketability
  • Sakurai Bias
Our lineup's gonna be something like this:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Leon Kennedy/Phoenix Wright
  • Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell/Velvet Crowe/Nintendo Promo Rep.
I'm also pretty sure we're gonna see another Ballot, so we'll actually get 7 DLC characters (the same amount as Sm4sh).

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
Banjo-Kazooie
Erdrick
Heihachi Mishima
Joker (Confirmed)
Ryu Hayabusa

I'd be darn satified if these were the characters. Its got two characters I would want. Banjo and Hayabusa.
"eh" would be about all I feel about those characters. I'd be glad for their fans, but other than about 2 minutes of Ninja Gaiden 1 on NES online, I've played none of their games.

why can't Bandana Dee and Maxwell be likelier.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Yes...uh...

Moydow 's Ban Hammer 2

Moydow is banned.

Smashing Ramen is banned.

Cool Typhlosion survives.

staindgrey is banned.

Cutie Gwen is banned.

Noipoi is banned.

Let us not talk about this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hello everyone!

I have created my analysis.

wright.gif

Ever since that “Brave” leak, predictability for the next DLC character increased, or so they say.

“Brave” leak: A user named “jam1garner” datamined Ultimate to find a character named “Brave”. Brave can be anything, but it has been closely related to Erdrick, because of a “Brave” class in that Japanese Dragon Quest game. Apparently they can not wall jump, are heavier than Mii Sword Fighter but lighter than Mega Man, and is slower than Young Link, but faster than Kirby. You could point to it being “armor Erdrick”, but armor is usually slow, and Young Link is fast. It can be linked to “child Erdrick”, but I do not think Erdrick as a child can not be heavier than Mii Sword Fighter. I think Brave can be a lot of stuff, like Edea or Agnes. “Brave” is quite a vague word. It is a name of a class in that Dragon Quest name, but Brave is a lot of things too.

“You’ll Never See it Coming”: Joker. No one expected Joker to arrive in the Game Awards. Vergeben stated that we would get a Square representative next, but even Vergeben was blown away by Joker arriving into the scenes. Sure, someone actually datamined the game, but what if it is leak bait? What if Nintendo knew this would happen? Nintendo likes to keep things a surprise, so I think we can not expect anyone, really. Okay sure, the file was found, but that was only descriptions of the character and “Brave”. We will probably not see it coming. This “Brave” leak is not as diabolical as the Roy and Ryu cutscenes being datamined, anyway.

My thoughts on Erdrick? I apologize to any Erdrick fans reading this, but in my opinion, Erdrick is not guaranteed. Despite Dragon Quest coming on the Switch, despite the leaks, we should not have the mentality that we can expect Erdrick at anytime. Persona 5 is not on the Switch as of yet, and Joker has already been confirmed. Nintendo will give us a nice and fun surprise when the next character gets revealed. These were my thoughts on “Erdrick for Smash Bros”.

Feedback is appreciated.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Im telling y'all the Fighters Pass is going to be composed of calculated picks based off of two things:
  • Marketability
  • Sakurai Bias
Our lineup's gonna be something like this:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Leon Kennedy/Phoenix Wright
  • Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell/Velvet Crowe/Nintendo Promo Rep.
I'm also pretty sure we're gonna see another Ballot, so we'll actually get 7 DLC characters (the same amount as Sm4sh).
in tears

Sakurai bias would...would lead to Erdrick, huh?!

N-NOT TO MY SON?!

Hello everyone!

View attachment 202900

Ever since that “Brave” leak, predictability for the next DLC character increased, or so they say.

“Brave” leak: A user named “jam1garner” datamined Ultimate to find a character named “Brave”. Brave can be anything, but it has been closely related to Erdrick, because of a “Brave” class in that Japanese Dragon Quest game. Apparently they can not wall jump, are heavier than Mii Sword Fighter but lighter than Mega Man, and is slower than Young Link, but faster than Kirby. You could point to it being “armor Erdrick”, but armor is usually slow, and Young Link is fast. It can be linked to “child Erdrick”, but I do not think Erdrick as a child can not be heavier than Mii Sword Fighter. I think Brave can be a lot of stuff, like Edea or Agnes. “Brave” is quite a vague word. It is a name of a class in that Dragon Quest name, but Brave is a lot of things too.

“You’ll Never See it Coming”: Joker. No one expected Joker to arrive in the Game Awards. Vergeben stated that we would get a Square representative next, but even Vergeben was blown away by Joker arriving into the scenes. Sure, someone actually datamined the game, but what if it is leak bait? What if Nintendo knew this would happen? Nintendo likes to keep things a surprise, so I think we can not expect anyone, really. Okay sure, the file was found, but that was only descriptions of the character and “Brave”. We will probably not see it coming. This “Brave” leak is not as diabolical as the Roy and Ryu cutscenes being datamined, anyway.

My thoughts on Erdrick? I apologize to any Erdrick fans reading this, but in my opinion, Erdrick is not guaranteed. Despite Dragon Quest coming on the Switch, despite the leaks, we should not have the mentality that we can expect Erdrick at anytime. Persona 5 is not on the Switch as of yet, and Joker has already been confirmed. Nintendo will give us a nice and fun surprise when the next character gets revealed. These were my thoughts on “Erdrick for Smash Bros”.

Feedback is appreciated.
You about a month and a half late

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yes...uh...

Moydow 's Ban Hammer 2

Moydow is banned.

staindgrey is banned.

Cutie Gwen is banned.

Noipoi is banned.

Moydow used Wood Ban Hammer! It's super effective!
Moydow was damaged by the recoil! Moydow fainted!

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Yes...uh...

Moydow 's Ban Hammer 2

Moydow is banned.

staindgrey is banned.

Cutie Gwen is banned.

Noipoi is banned.

When you want to ban everyone so hard, you end up banning yourself.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hello everyone!

View attachment 202900

Feedback is appreciated.
Nothing better than the "well it might NOT be Erdrick!" argument. Literally all you have to say it "I don't think Erdrick is guaranteed" and you'd accomplish the same goal. A lot of people would agree with you too.

Your argument about the datamine of the game potentially being leakbait because "Nintendo always surprises us!" is completely asinine, and kills your argument in of itself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nothing better than the "well it might NOT be Erdrick!" argument. Literally all you have to say it "I don't think Erdrick is guaranteed" and you'd accomplish the same goal. A lot of people would agree with you too.

Your argument about the datamine of the game potentially being leakbait because "Nintendo always surprises us!" is completely asinine, and kills your argument in of itself.
That is not what the whole essay is even about. It is not about "It is going to be a suprise".
I listed some reasons on why it might not be Erdrick.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yes...uh...

Moydow 's Ban Hammer 2

Moydow is banned.

staindgrey is banned.

Cutie Gwen is banned.

Noipoi is banned.

Moydow played themself

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hello everyone!

View attachment 202900

Feedback is appreciated.
tumblr_inline_nx55wmJs5R1r7eood_250.gif

None of this is particularly definitive or convincing. Is this what passes for evidence these days, Wright?

Your two points "the stats don't match" and "Nintendo wants to surprise us" are hardly indicitive of Erdrick one way or another, especially when we don't know how Sakurai is going to implement Erdrick/Brave or if those stats are even finished to begin with and that surprising people only matters to the non-fanatic community, ie not us.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That is not what the whole essay is even about. It is not about "It is going to be a suprise".
I listed some reasons on why it might not be Erdrick.
It's basically the same stuff you have been writing about since before. Nothing new, same arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom