• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Highkey wanting to apply as a mod to see how long is the list of reasons of rejection.

Oh, absolutely.

But dreamscapes are a little too advanced for an artist of Mythra's skill.

Hell, it's too advanced for an artist of my skill.
It smells like a challenge

So I gotta try it, even if I die on the attempt

>Mythra died on his way to his home planet.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah. I will tomorrow. Tonight is too emotionally charged; she won't take it well.

He's staying here because their parents are splitting up and he still lives with them. She's trying to give him a safe space. It's not that I'm apathetic to the situation. It's that she thought this place was hers to offer without my okay. It's not her house, or her stuff, and I don't even know this guy. I have no idea what is being invited into my home, and now not only am I losing our workspace we had built specifically for our fledgling Youtube channel back when she moved in, but my goddamn living room too, to a guy that doesn't work and won't be paying me rent. With no expiration date on when he's leaving.

I just... I can't wrap my head around how self-centered and oblivious you have to be to think that's okay.

And if he eats so much as one crumb of my food I will charge her for it.
Woah woah woah

Your wacky roommate invited her brother to stay without you?

This isn't even funny anymore!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Real talk though, as much as I would love to be a mod and help steer this community right, I know I ain't cut out for it.

I'm petty. In Discord servers I own where I'm the sole mod, I've banned people just because they annoy me. I get into arguments a lot. I'm pretty mean when ya get right down to it.

As much as I'd love the ability to help out, it's probably not for me.

D

Deleted member

Real talk though, as much as I would love to be a mod and help steer this community right, I know I ain't cut out for it.

I'm petty. In Discord servers I own where I'm the sole mod, I've banned people just because they annoy me. I get into arguments a lot. I'm pretty mean when ya get right down to it.

As much as I'd love the ability to help out, it's probably not for me.
I would never be a moderator either, because I would cause way too much dramas for our own good.

D

Deleted member

Funnily enough, I had shaved ice the other day of the fruit, and it tasted true to the actual thing. The only reason I enjoyed it was because it had oats, strawberries and blueberries, bananas, and a touch of honey. On its own, it was just as plain as the fruit, but pretty amazing with the rest of the toppings.

I call it a dragon fruit too, but that term is way too cool for it. It's not terrible or anything. It's just meh. It's got the texture of a kiwi, and mind you I love kiwi, but that's pretty much where the similarities end. As far as exotic fruits go, I much prefer opening a few passion fruit orbs and eating the gel and the seeds like cereal. It's been 5 years since I had that stuff. Where the hell do they sell those things!?
I find the Dragon Fruit name funny since I had known them as Pitaya all my life before moving out from my birthplace, I now live in a place with notable Asian presence and they sell it a lot in the supermarkets here for this reason since its popular. I like the flavor, but that might just be me since I like the texture and juiciness of it.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
That reminds me, one thing I hate about bein' a moderator anywhere on the internet is that suddenly you're expected to be perfect. Like, you just have to be above all issues, and never get involved unless it's to break it up. It's just messed up.
I've seen moderators on sites that act aloof and weird, but ultimately retain that position in power because they're still effective at their job if a bit on the silly side. Part of it stems from your relationship to other mods though, and just how trustworthy you are. The Bunny-Ears Lawyer exists for a reason!

I find the Dragon Fruit name funny since I had known them as Pitaya all my life before moving out from my birthplace, I now live in a place with notable Asian presence and they sell it a lot in the supermarkets here for this reason since its popular. I like the flavor, but that might just be me since I like the texture and juiciness of it.
Come to think of it, isn't there a variety with a reddish center? I haven't tried that one yet, but I heard it's slightly sweeter.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
That reminds me, one thing I hate about bein' a moderator anywhere on the internet is that suddenly you're expected to be perfect. Like, you just have to be above all issues, and never get involved unless it's to break it up. It's just messed up.
You're not wrong, it kinda sucks..but thankfully Capcom was fairly lax with it..and the perks, at least there, were fun..Free Games every so often as thank yous (when they had the budget or left over review copies around..they always tried their best) along with extra freebies they had around (plushies, posters, figures, etc), and I even got to go to E3 back in 2012 which ended up with me meeting Inafune, Street Fighter's Ono, and Tekken's Harada.
My favorite thing though was getting to set up and run tournaments & contests, sometimes even with prizes! I even came up with a Mods vs Members event that spun off for pretty much any fighting game that got released lol

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Yeah. I will tomorrow. Tonight is too emotionally charged; she won't take it well.

He's staying here because their parents are splitting up and he still lives with them. She's trying to give him a safe space. It's not that I'm apathetic to the situation. It's that she thought this place was hers to offer without my okay. It's not her house, or her stuff, and I don't even know this guy. I have no idea what is being invited into my home, and now not only am I losing our workspace we had built specifically for our fledgling Youtube channel back when she moved in, but my goddamn living room too, to a guy that doesn't work and won't be paying me rent. With no expiration date on when he's leaving.

I just... I can't wrap my head around how self-centered and oblivious you have to be to think that's okay.
Glad to hear you're going to tackle it, and are sympathetic to the situation. At least he's not just a complete bum, and he's been invited because of a difficult situation at home, but that still requires a discussion and an understanding that she's a guest there, as is he, and it's all your property. If she's telling him that he basically gets to live there like it's all his, then that's not acceptable at all.

As for the couch that you're concerned about, do you have any way to cover or protect it? If that's going to be the place where he might stay, then see about finding a way to prevent any harm from coming to the furniture.

How critical is this woman to your show? Have you tried looking for alternative voice actresses?

Ok the first one seems pretty damn important
Something about being disappointed how people are "cultivating an environment where it's acceptable to put people down." I don't know who or what that's referring to, specifically, as often when there's drama going on I just pop out for a few hours. Sometimes I try to help to the best of my ability when I'm not busy or feel like it's a situation I can help with, but I can't do it all the time.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
you can mess with my house
you can mess with my rules

but you will never mess my 1969 R. Huber wool couch that curves from the back to the arms in a beautiful orange-to-tan multicolored fabric with two matching chairs.
See, I know you're being funny, but if he spills anything on it ever I will flip my ****ing **** and kick them both out.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
That moment when you're about to go to sleep, but then you realize you have a program due in less than 24 hours that you haven't started and you'll be busy all day tomorrow with other stuff:

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That seems accurate. I mean that, and severe domestic issues, but accurate.
Whoa there, that got pretty heavy. You alright, homeboy?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
How critical is this woman to your show? Have you tried looking for alternative voice actresses?
Pretty critical. For as terrible of a roommate as she can be and as much of a Portland stereotype she always is, she's actually one of our best voice actors. She's put a lot of practice into the role and it shows. I'm enduring the whole situation because she works for free for experience and I feel like we kind of lucked into her.

I just should've never allowed her to move in. I should have said no. I've been tense and fatigued and agitated the last two months in no small part due to her presence in my home and it's negatively affecting the show I'm keeping her around for.

Anyway, it's been nice to vent. I feel better. Now I should stop talking about it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Pretty critical. For as terrible of a roommate as she can be and as much of a Portland stereotype she always is, she's actually one of our best voice actors. She's put a lot of practice into the role and it shows. I'm enduring the whole situation because she works for free for experience and I feel like we kind of lucked into her.

I just should've never allowed her to move in. I should have said no. I've been tense and fatigued and agitated the last two months in no small part due to her presence in my home and it's negatively affecting the show I'm keeping her around for.

Anyway, it's been nice to vent. I feel better. Now I should stop talking about it.
Hey man just know it doesn't take anything from us to lend an ear. Feel free to vent whenever.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
But seriously, imagine the salt and lulz if Sakurai actually made a paper clip a playable fighter. That would be more bizarre than making a potted plant a playable fighter.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
im pretty sure being a mod alone decreases your activity on the site (post-wise) by 200%

whens the last time you saw osby osby post something
From my experience, it decreases your post count over time because you get actual issues to take care of like a job, and they keep you from wanting to hang out here as often as you would have as a regular user.

If you or I login right now, there's zero chance of us having a negative user PM to read or a reported post to follow up on or a moderator forum thread to check. If you're volunteering your time for the site, that's a possibility every time you login. So naturally your instinct is to hang out less. It's just natural.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

We're here for ya.

I've also had a... much trickier situation regarding someone living in my home. Except it wasn't my home, it's my family's--with my parents and six other siblings. And it was someone who was a very close friend of mine, who just happened to go through a terrible traumatic experience and had nowhere else to go. We helped get her into a school where she had a place to stay, but her roommates there were awful and the curriculum was insane. She ended up failing out after 8 months, and we took her back in. As it turns out, that school shut down in December because of how bad it was, so that's a testament that it wasn't entirely her fault.

And I've finally helped her get to another school and things are mostly fine, but her anxiety and depression are still affecting her, and it might make her wind back up at square one if she doesn't get it under control soon, and my family's definitely not taking her back for round three. She either has to succeed there, or go back to her family, which she doesn't want to do for a variety of reasons.

Tomorrow I'm going with her to a psychologist to see about getting her some help with her issues. I think things will be fine, she's just been through a lot and needs to sort things out.

The situation's been going on for over two years now. It's been the most consistently stressful two years of my life. It's part of the reason why I'm not as goofy as I used to be, and am so serious most of the time. I can't really afford to be too relaxed or silly when I never know what crisis is around the corner.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
God damnit, I think I caught a cold from my Dad.

Ugh.
Off. Get well soon.

From my experience, it decreases your post count over time because you get actual issues to take care of like a job, and they keep you from wanting to hang out here as often as you would have as a regular user.

If you or I login right now, there's zero chance of us having a negative user PM to read or a reported post to follow up on or a moderator forum thread to check. If you're volunteering your time for the site, that's a possibility every time you login. So naturally your instinct is to hang out less. It's just natural.
Actually, I spend time in here just as much, but it's divided between a lot more threads.

Though, you're right about it having its own stress.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Off. Get well soon.

Actually, I spend time in here just as much, but it's divided between a lot more threads.

Though, you're right about it having its own stress.
I was a mod for a Discord server that had, like, over 1,000 users once. Every day, I woke up to someone DMing me to ask me to solve some problem or help them with something.

90% of the people in my DM list on Discord are people like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom