• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At this point in time, I don't have anything to add to what happened earlier, so I'll just jump on the train of wholesome artwork. Ya'll like The Lion King? Yes? No? Either way, here's some art of Simba with his family:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So my roommate-- the person living in my home because she had nowhere else to go, for those not in the know-- just told me that her brother will be staying on my couch for awhile.

Not asked.

Told.

It's like a ****ing infestation of self-absorbed freeloaders in my ****ing house.
That's what happens sometimes, sadly.

You give an inch, they'll take a mile.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So my roommate-- the person living in my home because she had nowhere else to go, for those not in the know-- just told me that her brother will be staying on my couch for awhile.

Not asked.

Told.

It's like a ****ing infestation of self-absorbed freeloaders in my ****ing house.
Is she payin' rent? Cause you callin' her and her brother "freeloaders" makes it sound like she ain't payin' rent.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Not asked.

Told.

You know what to do.

Puke on the couch.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Eventually :V

Real talk, I kinda avoid drawing males because I get self indulgent drawing straight lines, I prefer to break my head doing the curves of a girl's hip as is something that for me requires more work.
But eventually I'll reach dudeland to keep improving my technical skill ofc.

But for now I'll just give FCorrin a donger again for the action scenes :denzel:
Dont avoid drawing things you have trouble drawing or you will never grow as an artist

no architecture, no landscape drawings, no big cool robots, no weird dream-esq art, no goofy cartoon characters, no conceptual designs, no graphic designs, and most importantly; no drawings of male characters of any kind is the lowest wrung of artistry of its kind

D

Deleted member

Large Hadron Collider Take: Mufasa's death was not the saddest death of all time. I do not know if I do not remember it clearly, but it was not the saddest death. It is pretty sad though.

Lion King is a good movie, you should watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Not asked.

Told.

Make sure you leave a lot of chip crumbs on your couch.

...and more.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hope this thread improves.
1528385180218.gif

I'm gonna drop a little truth bomb and declare that what you're asking for is near impossible. By "improve", you're probably meaning a drastic improve where everyone is friends and it's sunshine and rainbows. I've been here a decent amount of time and I think I can speculate that it's not happening, not in the increase everyone wants. Obviously we can and will improve, but it will be minimal. Maybe that one user lol me that causes a ruckus and makes everyone upset leaves and the balance is restored temporarily. But that's mostly impossible. This forum, especially this thread as one of the most popular threads on the website, has a diverse cast of users. That said diverse cast is going to have obvious splits on ideologies but will mostly keep them hidden. If a single shed of that belief pops out, it will most time always cause some type of spark on differing ideals. Liberal VS Conservative ideologies if you will. There is no truly proper right or wrong side, nor is it wrong to be in favor in one of those sides, but this thread isn't built to withstand that type of conflict.

That's why the Debate Hall exists, but no one ****ing uses it enough. I would participate myself but there's almost nothing for me worth spitting my dime in, and most times than not I can guarantee you how these types of arguments go when you get really heated.

[argument a]
[argument b]
[snippit of argument b and claims of fallacy]
[snippit of argument a and claims of fallacy, hypocrisy, and adds mockery]
[screaming and insults]
[yelling and being mean]

Of course moderation isn't perfect, it never truly can be unless you make it an unethical 24/7 authority but I digress, this isn't about them. My point is, it's oddly convenient that we can manage to have an entirely heated debate for about half an hour before a mod even notices that there's something going on, isn't it? If only we could contain that steady argument into a thread in its own degree- wait that's the Debate Hall it's almost like people forget it exists.

sorry for the long post and thanks for coming to my TED talk

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Not asked.

Told.

boy I'd rock her **** if she came up to me running bull**** like that

like I'm not even in your situation and that's making me irrationally angry

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is she payin' rent? Cause you callin' her and her brother "freeloaders" makes it sound like she ain't payin' rent.
You know what, that's fair. Only he's the freeloader. She is paying rent. Significantly less than what she should be paying and she lives as if the mortgage is in her name and not mine, but she is paying rent. I need to be fair.

Am I the bad guy for thinking one should ask the homeowner before offering his couch to someone he doesn't know to stay on for an undetermined amount of time?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
god dammit my long ass essay got at the end of the page again

here i'll just quote it because it's some hot spilled tea, sis

View attachment 202350

I'm gonna drop a little truth bomb and declare that what you're asking for is near impossible. By "improve", you're probably meaning a drastic improve where everyone is friends and it's sunshine and rainbows. I've been here a decent amount of time and I think I can speculate that it's not happening, not in the increase everyone wants. Obviously we can and will improve, but it will be minimal. Maybe that one user lol me that causes a ruckus and makes everyone upset leaves and the balance is restored temporarily. But that's mostly impossible. This forum, especially this thread as one of the most popular threads on the website, has a diverse cast of users. That said diverse cast is going to have obvious splits on ideologies but will mostly keep them hidden. If a single shed of that belief pops out, it will most time always cause some type of spark on differing ideals. Liberal VS Conservative ideologies if you will. There is no truly proper right or wrong side, nor is it wrong to be in favor in one of those sides, but this thread isn't built to withstand that type of conflict.

That's why the Debate Hall exists, but no one ****ing uses it enough. I would participate myself but there's almost nothing for me worth spitting my dime in, and most times than not I can guarantee you how these types of arguments go when you get really heated.

[argument a]
[argument b]
[snippit of argument b and claims of fallacy]
[snippit of argument a and claims of fallacy, hypocrisy, and adds mockery]
[screaming and insults]
[yelling and being mean]

Of course moderation isn't perfect, it never truly can be unless you make it an unethical 24/7 authority but I digress, this isn't about them. My point is, it's oddly convenient that we can manage to have an entirely heated debate for about half an hour before a mod even notices that there's something going on, isn't it? If only we could contain that steady argument into a thread in its own degree- wait that's the Debate Hall it's almost like people forget it exists.

sorry for the long post and thanks for coming to my TED talk

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know what, that's fair. Only he's the freeloader. She is paying rent. Significantly less than what she should be paying and she lives as if the mortgage is in her name and not mine, but she is paying rent. I need to be fair.

Am I the bad guy for thinking one should ask the homeowner before offering his couch to someone he doesn't know to stay on for an undetermined amount of time?
Oh, don't misconstrue my words. I wasn't askin' to defend her or anything. I was askin' to know if you'd be in the right for kickin' her ass to the curb.

Which I still think you should do, even if she does pay rent.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Not asked.

Told.

Did she say for how long? Like if it's just a day or two, or is it an indefinite situation, like with her?

If the latter especially... that seems to me like a last straw. You opened your doors to help her get back on her feet, not to give her a place to take over and invite other people to stay without your approval.

Try to have a discussion with her about it and explain that it's not okay. If the lady doth protest too much, then it might be time for her to find someone else who will give her a place to stay and just casually bring other people to stay there too.

Of course, I know the situation is much more complicated than that, so use your own discretion. But that is incredibly over the line.

D

Deleted member

****ing GUH-HUH!
Oh, I saw that. After returning after an hour or so I just saw myself mentioned in between the usual talk thats pretty much people arguing each other over issues that I'm not going to get into for mental sanity.

D

Deleted member

You're not the bad guy for thinking she should ask, so you should ask her how long this boy is staying and what the Hell is he going to do.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
About the "no mods are around at specific times" thing...

I'm on this site basically 14 hours a day
So am I, but does that one quality make us qualified to be mods?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Make sure you leave a lot of chip crumbs on your couch.

...and more.
That's actually what I fear is going to happen.

It's a 1969 R. Huber wool couch with a teak frame that curves from the back to the arms in a beautiful orange-to-tan multicolored fabric with two matching chairs. They're my favorite pieces of furniture ever and I bought them five years ago because they were too good to pass up. When I moved into this house in September was the first time I'd finally gotten to get them all in the living room and enjoy them. I paid to reconstruct the fire place to be able to hang a TV over it, found and refinished a Danish modern teak wall display to finish out the room and hooked up all my entertainment stuff in there. And the person staying in my house just offered the room up to her brother to crash in, saying, and I quote, "there are videogames" as if my stuff is fair game for him while he's here.

I am about to blow up.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Not asked.

Told.

Make it a habit to rearrange your living room furniture every single day whenever they're out, but only make minor changes so they don't immediately pick up on the differences.

Alternatively, you can stock up on your own food before her brother can. A tasty alternative to gaslighting at least!

I'm am totally not joking or anything

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dont avoid drawing things you have trouble drawing or you will never grow as an artist

no architecture, no landscape drawings, no big cool robots, no weird dream-esq art, no goofy cartoon characters, no conceptual designs, no graphic designs, and most importantly; no drawings of male characters of any kind is the lowest wrung of artistry of its kind

Aaaaaand that's why I don't consider myself an artist at all... yet.

Im still in Squidward's Bold and Brash tier but Im finally building a pace at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom