• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
crashes back through the thread's front door

And one more thing, I've been very tolerant with some of you but just because this is an ultra casual thread doesn't mean you can just say what you want to some people.
It costs literally nothing to be a decent human being and empathy goes a long way if you can provide it.
I'm rather disappointed in the thread tonight, not that it particularly matters coming from me.
Not just anything that may or may not have happened today, but for a while y'all have been lowkey cultivating an environment where it's acceptable to put people down. I get it with some things, but the extent some of you take it is absolutely absurd and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Also Captain Falcon deserved a god damn echo fighter.

casually walks back out through door hole
damn y'all (me) got toasterbrains upset why'd yall (me) have to do that

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Noipoi

Howdy!

And one more thing, I've been very tolerant with some of you but just because this is an ultra casual thread doesn't mean you can just say what you want to some people.
It costs literally nothing to be a decent human being and empathy goes a long way if you can provide it.
I'm rather disappointed in the thread tonight, not that it particularly matters coming from me.
Not just anything that may or may not have happened today, but for a while y'all have been lowkey cultivating an environment where it's acceptable to put people down. I get it with some things, but the extent some of you take it is absolutely absurd and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

oh no is toatser mad at me?

D

Deleted member

Do you all want to see something wholesome?
4444.jpg

Do not take this seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
We should honestly stop idolizing womens bodies so much

The fact that i saw the gen 8 starters drawn with thicc female body proportions within 24 hours after their reveal is evidence that we need to stop

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I mean, nonchalantly saying that the loss of human free will would create a Utopia and that you would do it if you had the power is more than a little troublesome.
Hey, a lot of people have a dark side to them. Acknowledging it as a problem and wanting to deal with it while taking the path of least resistance shows you are at least willing to confront the problem rather than suppress it. It's not healthy ignoring those thoughts, but you obviously can't act on them either. Holding onto them has disastrous consequences if left unchecked.

A therapist is unironically your best bet, because it's their job to listen. Don't gamble on close friends or family before you approach a professional. And yes, I am taking your nihilistic tendencies into account. You're still a victim of something that needs to be solved. You shouldn't act like you've committed any crimes because it's obvious you're stressed out internally and that's why you've been venting here.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I admit, perhaps I've been a bit too forward and rude with certain users today. I have no one to blame but myself for that.

D

Deleted member

I hope this thread improves.
I also hope I did not do anything too bad.

D

Deleted member

We should honestly stop idolizing womens bodies so much

The fact that i saw the gen 8 starters drawn with thicc female body proportions within 24 hours after their reveal is evidence that we need to stop
The issue with that is not idolizing woman bodies. That's... just very specific bestiality.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

This guy.

We should listen to him.
That’s good, I’m not about to become some sort of.... serial SRS surgeon.
Then you've got nothing to worry about. Like I said, just be honest with your therapist and make an active effort to change yourself and you'll do great. You've already taken big steps, and you should be proud of that. I know I am.
To be fair, I don't think most people, even those who work with or have mental illness, really know much about it.
That's fair. I would say it's mainly due to the variability mental illness has. While there are similar underlying causes, the effects are so drastically different from person to person that it can be difficult to come to a consensus on what a mental illness actually is and what it actually does. Even I doubt my own experiences with mental illness sometimes, but that's mainly because I'm removed from the worst of it.
I went to a mental hospital once when I was 14. I actually really enjoyed it. It was nice, relaxed, and friendly. The only bad experience was that the first night there I was really scared (I wasn't actually told much in advance about where I was going or why), and I pressed the buzzer for help, only for some unpleasant young woman to show up and not really care about my emotions and tell me that the buzzer is only for emergencies. When I told another staff member about that, they said that was wrong and shouldn't have happened.

Otherwise, I had a very nice, peaceful time. When I told my therapist I wanted to go back, she was actually surprised and a little concerned, because no one's ever wanted to go back before. Most people apparently hated it, for some reason.
Are you actually just me?

I look back on my days in the mental hospital with fondness. Compared to the turmoil that my life was before entering, it was...calm there. I read a lot of Calvin and Hobbes since the hospital let us bring books from home, and my parents knew that I enjoyed them and thought they would help.

There's a strong sense of empathy among people there, or at least in the teen ward that I was in. We all knew we were in there for something messed up, and it made talking to each other much easier.

Also, people who shuffle cards as a coping mechanism are actually gods with a deck of cards. Don't @ me.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
They're totally related.

They're probably not related.

Picture of Guy + Picture of a Lewd = Smut

Yeah, Mythra, do that. :laugh:
Eventually :V

Real talk, I kinda avoid drawing males because I get self indulgent drawing straight lines, I prefer to break my head doing the curves of a girl's hip as is something that for me requires more work.
But eventually I'll reach dudeland to keep improving my technical skill ofc.

But for now I'll just give FCorrin a donger again for the action scenes :denzel:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
great guys we upset dad. this is the second time I've disappointed a father figure why does this always go wrong

At least now I have a father to disappoint as mine hasn't returned from buying cigarrettes yet.

I bet he got distracted with something.... for 26 years

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
great guys we upset dad. this is the second time I've disappointed a father figure why does this always go wrong
I was gonna make a joke like "I'll be your father figure ;)" but then I realized what I was typing and couldn't bring myself to seriously do it.

I guess there's a limit to my own ****posting.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Eventually :V

Real talk, I kinda avoid drawing males because I get self indulgent drawing straight lines, I prefer to break my head doing the curves of a girl's hip as is something that for me requires more work.
But eventually I'll reach dudeland to keep improving my technical skill ofc.

But for now I'll just give FCorrin a donger again for the action scenes :denzel:
Don't avoid doing males.

Because then it'll get really hard to break away from doing females.

I know from experience. :laugh:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Being a disappointment is just a part of life.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*me walking into the Smash Ultimate thread*

Me: What's up ****ers!?!?

Everyone else: Why are you even here?

Me: **** you! That's why!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't avoid doing males.

Because then it'll get really hard to break away from doing females.

I know from experience. :laugh:
The inverse is definitely true, too. Draw too many men out of comfort, and then you end up asking yourself, "Wait. How do I draw a woman?"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I was gonna make a joke like "I'll be your father figure ;)" but then I realized what I was typing and couldn't bring myself to seriously do it.

Meanwhile me with my ****post limiters:
blackquil breaking shackles.gif

Try to stop me, mods.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly a I have no idea what happened now aside from a few mentions for the bet and I imagine the usual talk, Im going to suppose Troy's pic here describes everything

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 12.56.00 AM.png

How about a high five for dodging the bullet with that post? ;D

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So my roommate-- the person living in my home because she had nowhere else to go, for those not in the know-- just told me that her brother will be staying on my couch for awhile.

Not asked.

Told.

It's like a ****ing infestation of self-absorbed freeloaders in my ****ing house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom