• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
literally just not Pocahontas. Besides being incredibly historically inaccurate, it's also REALLY boring with really bland and forgettable music.

Mulan and Lilo & Stitch are my personal faves.
Little Mermaid and Pocahontas are the two movie i actualy do not like at all

but give me Mulan, Lion King, And lilo and Stitch and I love you forever

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I liked both when I was younger, tbh.
I only heard about the other one, and I honestly don’t see myself getting into it from what I’ve heard others say.

Oh lord the Beauty and the Beast live action remake

I’m all for LGBT representation but I feel making LeFou gay was just shoehorned in. Doesn’t help he’s a bit of a stereotype
Honestly that’s the least of the movies problems, it’s bad when the chemistry between the leads is so botched that I ended up being more invested in LeFou and Gaston in that version. How sad is that?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh right, yeah I forgot the remake was on there, but yeah that distinction needs to be made, I was so disappointed in that film, especially considering the animated Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie period.
Literally the only recent Disney live action remake I've enjoyed more than the orignal was The Jungle Book

That's it

All the other ones are almost always inferior to the animated versions...

The problem is that they're trying to remake almost perfect films
If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I only heard about the other one, and I honestly don’t see myself getting into it from what I’ve heard others say.

Honestly that’s the least of the movies problems, it’s bad when the chemistry between the leads is so botched that I ended up being more invested in LeFou and Gaston in that version. How sad is that?
I also disliked the design of the characters in Beast’s House.

The original had more charming designs.

D

Deleted member

Literally the only recent Disney live action remake I've enjoyed more than the orignal was The Jungle Book

That's it

All the other ones are almost always inferior to the animated version...

The problem is that they're trying to remake almost perfect films...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
I also loved the Jungle Book remake.
The spanish version of the original songs are iconic in the Canary Islands, to the point that a banana company in Gran Canaria made a deal with Disney to promote the original and the new movie with their own commercials.

Both ads are classic around the island.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It shows. :shades:

But I was speaking more along the lines of why audiences of 1985-ish (I forget the exact year Black Cauldron came out) didn't like the movie, as they clearly didn't pay to come see it. There's so much historical context of pop culture and media trends that I wouldn't really be able to know since I was born in '89. Was it the darker themes and aesthetics? Was it negative press regarding the potential PG-13 rating? Were children just not interested? Were people no longer interested in Disney in the same way that we're no longer interested in M. Night Shyamalan movies? What led to what?

History is fascinating. (Also The Great Mouse Detective was my favorite movie as a child. We watched that so many times on VHS.)
History is fascinating.
The 80's were a time when the Soviet Union was the most evil villain according to the US by doing absolutely nothing. :lol:
Also the freedom of Eastern Europe, and a dramatic cultural change I think.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

That's it

All the other ones are almost always inferior to the animated versions...

Aside from Christopher Robin (I actually enjoyed that film quite a bit) I’d say it was the one I tolerated the best, though I hate how they made such a big deal about Kaa being female yet that version gets like 2 minutes of screen time.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I honestly can’t really think of anything the remake did that I liked in general, let alone over the animated film.
I'm just worried what they're gonna do with Aladdin, and the holy grail of Disney, that is the Lion King...

2019 is gonna be interesting, indeed

D

Deleted member

I know remakes are perfect, but view it in Disney's point of view. These animated remakes give them a lot of money, because the old fans usually like to see their movies in a new type of animation, and I guess it benefits the newer generation too.

No way Disney is going to give up on the remakes over a handful of fans upset about it. I am not the biggest fan of Disney remakes, but in a business standpoint it works really well for Disney. ( Considering Beauty and the Beast racked up a billion dollars. ).
Also, Beauty and the Beast, as long as it's not the terrible live action remake version,
It is the remake.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know I never really had a way to segue into this rant but now is the perfect time.

I REALLY never got why people lump Cinderella into the "longs for the day when a man will solve her problems" category. Like damn, she was the victim of years of neglect and mental abuse from her "family," but she stayed strong through the pain. And then she decides she wants to go to the ball for one night to take a break from being a literal slave, gets physically and psychologically tormented for it, loses all hope and realizes she's doomed to live a life of unhappiness until the Fairy Godmother shows up.

And even then it wasn't the Godmother who waved her wand and gave her a shot at the prince, she just gave her a ride and a dress to replace her old one her stepsisters destroyed. Things she should've had in the first place. AND when she got there, she wasn't even interested in the prince at first...Charming went to her. And she didn't even know he was the prince!

Literally all she wanted was a night off and Charming was just an unexpected perk.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You know I never really had a way to segue into this rant but now is the perfect time.

I REALLY never got why people lump Cinderella into the "longs for the day when a man will solve her problems" category. Like damn, she was the victim of years of neglect and mental abuse from her "family," but she stayed strong through the pain. And then she decides she wants to go to the ball for one night to take a break from being a literal slave, gets physically and psychologically tormented for it, loses all hope and realizes she's doomed to live a life of unhappiness until the Fairy Godmother shows up.

And even then it wasn't the Godmother who waved her wand and gave her a shot at the prince, she just gave her a ride and a dress to replace her old one her stepsisters destroyed. Things she should've had in the first place. AND when she got there, she wasn't even interested in the prince at first...Charming went to her. And she didn't even know he was the prince!

Literally all she wanted was a night off and Charming was just an unexpected perk.
I think the complaints come more from the whole "her life sucked then a man saved her" kinda deal. Like she got out of her ****ty life by dressing up all pretty and a man came to rescue her.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lion King is the only live-action Disney film I look forward too.

Used to be Mulan too but to remove Shang and I'll Make a Man Out of You? Not worth my money...

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
All of the live-action Disney remakes are just cash-grabs. It's easier and safer for them to just remake a beloved film than to come up with a new idea since they know that people are going to see it regardless. If the live-action movie "fails," they still have the original. The sad thing is they know that the remakes will never replace the originals, yet they still are cranking them out because they'll make money at the box office.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Y’all keep talking bout the Disney Princesses and criteria and whatnot.

I’m just here waiting for Princess Giselle to become one.

I know the chances are literally 0, but a person can dream right?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Mulan also has dope songs.
One night in high school on our way to an away football game, me and four other dudes crammed into a Chevy Cavalier sang the entirety of "Make a Man Out of You" by memory, with each of us seamlessly taking one of the side character's lines.

I was Mulan.

D

Deleted member

I feel like Youtube Rewind made people not take the Aladdin remake seriously, because Will Smith as the genie.
Rewind changed people's perspective of Smith so much. It is kind of funny.

Oh I heard Space Jam is being remastered, could I be wrong?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What if I told you that they removed "Be Prepared", from the Lion King remake?

Because they did...
Then why the **** are they even making the movie.

I'd always assumed the movie was just an advertisement for the soundtrack.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh I heard Space Jam is being remastered, could I be wrong?
No, you're not wrong,

it's gonna star LeBron James, instead of Michael Jordan, and it's gonna start production this summer
Y’all keep talking bout the Disney Princesses and criteria and whatnot.

I’m just here waiting for Princess Giselle to become one.

I know the chances are literally 0, but a person can dream right?
Actually, she was very close to being one, however assuming Amy Adams is basically Giselle, they'd have to pay her to walk around in the Disney Parks and stuff, and of course, they couldn't do that

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh they are remaking Lilo and Stitch too.
They have a lot of remakes in mind.

What are all of the Disney movies that are being remade?
Lilo and Stitch, Dumbo, Space Jam, Lion King, Aladdin and anything else I missed?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think the complaints come more from the whole "her life sucked then a man saved her" kinda deal. Like she got out of her ****ty life by dressing up all pretty and a man came to rescue her.
I have a hard time saying he saved her when she was the one who made the decision to go in the first place though. And then when Tremaine tried to keep her from being fitted for the slipper, she essentially saves herself, since the animals helped her because she was actually kind to them.

Whenever she's in a jam and someone does help her, it's never Charming, or even a man in general...just the Fairy Godmother and Gus/Jacques/Bruno. And even then they only help her get things back that were wrongly taken from her in the first place. Any forward progress she made, she made on her own.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

THANK YOU! I feel like that stuff isn’t talked about enough.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh they are remaking Lilo and Stitch too.
They have a lot of remakes in mind.

What are all of the Disney movies that are being remade?
Lilo and Stitch, Dumbo, Space Jam, Lion King, Aladdin and anything else I missed?
I'm gonna be one of those people...

Space Jam and the Looney Tunes aren't Disney
They're from Warner Bros.

Anyways, they're also working on remakes for Lady and the Tramp, The Sword in the Stone, and the Hunchback of Notre Dame

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, Got a question.

Would something like this, but with the portraits being 3D modelled and the sprites being 8-bit look jarring?
maxresdefault (12).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom