• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Fat? That’s all muscle, like a real Gorilla. They have big stomachs because of the enlarged intestines that aid in the digestion of large vegetation.

You guys need to read some books.
Do comics and manga count?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I know this isn't the current topic, but I can't get over how much I love Resident Evil 2.

Everyone who likes cheesy horror games with Metroid backtracking should go play it.

D

Deleted member

oooh I forgot all about Thems Fightin' Herds
I've been keeping an eye on it. Development has thankfully started smoothing out and they're determined to get it out of Early Access this year.

Can't blame them for having a rough go of it last year, though. Apparently some heavy stuff went down in the personal lives of some of the dev team.

D

Deleted member

I know this isn't the current topic, but I can't get over how much I love Resident Evil 2.

Everyone who likes cheesy horror games with METROID backtracking should go play it.
The user said the magic word.
I guess that I have to play it now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've been keeping an eye on it. Development has thankfully started smoothing out and they're determined to get it out of Early Access this year.

Can't blame them for having a rough go of it last year, though. Apparently some heavy stuff went down in the personal lives of some of the dev team.
I wouldnt mind that game coming to switch, it looks adorable and my main would be Paprika

Pakky

Smash Hero
On Sunday I played a little Smash and wafted someone who crotch taunted me:ultwario::ultwario::ultwario:

Also :ultjigglypuff: rolled right into my mouth, chomp chomp, pop goes the balloon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wouldnt mind that game coming to switch, it looks adorable and my main would be Paprika
That would be awesome! Hopefully once they get the game up to 1.0.0 they'll start seeing enough support that they can make console ports happen.

Back when I was messing around with Early Access, Paprika was my main. She's super fun and a very unique character. I also tried learning Pom as a pocket character, but she's pretty tricky, ha ha.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The user said the magic word.
I guess that I have to play it now.
That was the goal. ;)

Seriously though, old school Resident Evil has a lot of parallels to the Metroidvania style of gameplay, with the added element of item management and resource scrapping. I figure big time Metroid fans should give RE2 a shot since it's easier to get into than the old tank controls-style games. It's fun as hell.

D

Deleted member

That was the goal. ;)

Seriously though, old school Resident Evil has a lot of parallels to the Metroidvania style of gameplay, with the added element of item management and resource scrapping. I figure big time Metroid fans should give RE2 a shot since it's easier to get into than the old tank controls-style games. It's fun as hell.
Cool to hear.
I will try to get it after this semester ends.

D

Deleted member

random question, would Sora be counted as a disney princess at this point?
Does he have magic hair? Magic hands? Was he poisoned? Kidnapped or enslaved? Or did everyone assume all his problems were solved because a big, strong, man showed up?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm sorry to anyone if this makes the conversation awkward of upsetting, but I need to vent.

Warning: Potentially disturbing.

I live with my mother out of necessity, and we do not see eye to eye on most things. She's constantly making the most racist, sexist, homophobic, and transphobic comments. And worse than that, she's prone to anger very easily. And when she gets angry, her first response is always to get violent. She hits me when I don't back down to her will, and then tries to guilt trip me into submission by reminding me what she's done "for me" since I was a kid (which, honestly, just barely qualifies as the bare minimum a parent should do.)

As always, she threatened to kick me out in tonight's weekly argument, but this time it's different. I think she legitimately wants me gone. I admit, I said something nasty to her, but the fact she's basically told me that if I talked to her at all, she'd call the cops and have me dragged off of her property - which I pay half the bills for - is just wrong.

I can't even imagine what she'd do if she found out that I'm trans.
I'd like to say the situation's gotten better after the night, but I'm not sure whether or not that's the case.

She apologized, but I know the next time something happens, it'll be the exact same song and dance again. I wish I could get out of this place, because I can't take living in this environment much longer. Besides that, if I get out of here, I can finally embrace my true self in public and be known as the girl I am, and not the guy everyone thinks I am.

D

Deleted member

Does he have magic hair? Magic hands? Was he poisoned? Kidnapped or enslaved? Or did everyone assume all his problems were solved because a big, strong, man showed up?
>Can do magic for his hair.
>Has magic arms.
>He was kidnapped by the Black Order.
>Everyone with himself included asumed that all the problems would be solved by giving a big and strong Thanos the Infinity Stones.

>A raccoon can talk with him.
>Was cursed.

MCU Doctor Strange is a Disney Princess.

Last edited by a moderator:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I'd like to say the situation's gotten better after the night, but I'm not sure whether or not that's the case.

She apologized, but I know the next time something happens, it'll be the exact same song and dance again. I wish I could get out of this place, because I can't take living in this environment much longer. Besides that, if I get out of here, I can finally embrace my true self in public and be known as the girl I am, and not the guy everyone thinks I am.
That’s absolutely horrible to hear, I get how you feel. Idk what to say but I’m praying for you and again I’m so sorry you’re going through that ****.

*hug*

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
random question, would Sora be counted as a disney princess at this point?
One of the "rules" for being considered a Disney Princess is that the character needs to be from a film. Since Sora's from a game he wouldn't qualify, sadly.

Then again even some actual princesses who do meet all the requirements (human/human-like, debuted in a non-sequel film, and either was born royal/married into royalty/performed an act of heroism, aka the Mulan Loophole), like Kida, aren't considered official Disney Princesses, so ultimately it's a matter of M A R K E T I N G .

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
One of the "rules" for being considered a Disney Princess is that the character needs to be from a film. Since Sora's from a game he wouldn't qualify, sadly.

Then again even some actual princesses who do meet all the requirements (human/human-like, debuted in a non-sequel film, and either was born royal/married into royalty/performed an act of heroism, aka the Mulan Loophole), like Kida, aren't considered official Disney Princesses, so ultimately it's a matter of M A R K E T I N G .

So he counts now.

D

Deleted member

I have to admit that the presentation done by my friend about the discrimination towards the LGTB group and trans people on December made my mind even more open.

In case you don’t know what I am talking about, I can quote my post from yesterday where I explained the experience I had with him.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Rip Soras chance at being a princess

He can be a disney Princess in my heart

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Poor Kida.. More of a Princess than alot of the ones who just married into the title, still isn't recognized as a Disney Princess.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

R.I.P Princess Eilonwy’s chances of being a Disney Princess.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I feel like it would be fine to share the post one more time.

I guess that i will tell a personal experience i had at high school:
The past year, my friend from Madrid was forced to leave the island since his parents had to return back to there forever. At first, I was worried about the way that the year would go for me without him... Until a person called Beatriz joined my class days after the classes began.

I was scared to talk with her the first time, since all the other new students turned out to be dumb or mocked me a lot for my voice... But she didn’t when we talked for the first time. After that, I enjoyed a lot the year with her and another person from Venezuela called Andrea, who we defended a lot through the year. However, certain people spread a lie about me trying to make her my girlfriend (which was false, since I only like to make friends and save the romantic stuff for the moment I can afford a house and a living). Luckily, she knew about that being a lie, but others took it seriously. She is a great person: kind, supportive, likes to read books, loves to read poems, is a vegan, always gets a score of 10 and some other stuff. Of course, she couldn’t come with my other friends and I to the cinema or home because she had to study a lot to get those great scores.

Now we move onto the current year, where something happened to change everything: I was having an hour free since a teacher didn’t come, and we heard that Beatriz was doing a big presentation at her class. Interested, I went to check it... and boy if i did good by checking it.

Beatriz was making with two other persons (who also find me as a great person, btw) a presentation about the discrimination towards the LGTB group and trans people... and he revealed that he was trans and getting opperated on December. He finished the presentation by showing a poem he made under his new name (Benjamín), and even cried after finishing it. After a lot of applauses from the students who were present, and the positive stuff they shared to him... I approached Ben, hugged him and made a promise: I would always do anything needed to help him as much as he did with me ever since we were friends.

To this day, we are still great friends: He can’t go with my friends and I because of the studies, but we interact a lot and help each other when needed. And since that presentation, the lie about me wanting to make him my girlfriend was finally burned from the memories of the ones who believed it.

I literally owe him a lot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Poor Kida.. More of a Princess than alot of the ones who just married into the title, still isn't recognized as a Disney Princess.
It sucks, too, because Disney very clearly thought Atlantis was going to be a lot more successful than it was. There were even plans for a tv series and a revamped ride at Walt Disney World to replace 20,000 Leagues, and they were more than likely going to make Kida an official Disney Princess...and then none of that happened after it didn't do well at the box office.

I'm glad the movie's starting to become more popular as time goes on, though. I've always really liked it, so to see more people talking about it nowadays is nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom