• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
These forums (specifically this thread) seems to have meme’d a ton of characters hasn’t it?
I think it was just another Square Enix-related rumor, but it would have been nice. Might be wrong on something there, though.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So.

My grandmother just passed away.
I pay my sincerest respects to you, your grandmother, and your family. I'm sorry with what you're going through right now. If you need anything, let us know! Otherwise, give yourself a big break for now and let your mind re-process, alright?

D

Deleted member

Whatever happened to Vergeben?

I'm not gonna say it...

I'm gonna say it. r/woosh

WOW kid you just got r/WOOOOOOSHED!!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Wooosh" means you didn't get the joke, as in the sound made when the joke "woooshes" over your head. I bet you're too stupid to get it, IDIOT!! :mad::mad::joyful:

My joke was so thoughtfully crafted and took me a total of 3 minutes, you SHOULD be laughing. What's that? My joke is bad? I think that's just because you failed. I outsmarted you, nitwit. :cry::cry::chuckle:

In conclusion, I am posting this to the community known as "R/Wooooosh" to claim my internet points in your embarrassment. :smirk:Imbecile.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
It was a lame direct anyways

Only real announcement was Lycans right at the end...

Still not sure what it meant but when I was out today, I saw Lycans.

Lycans are real everybody! PANIC!
Lycans...

*Lycan-roc-s*

Now that is good news. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

So your reason for your firm belief that the next character is not Erdrick is that the leakers "could be" wrong?

I'm afraid that answer is not good enough, Mr. Legendary. You must present more compelling evidence to this court.
objection.gif

We never saw it coming expected Joker. Despite the datamine, "Brave" is quite vague. A lot of games have been released on the Switch, so Dragon Quest coming on the Switch is a "meh" example. Minecraft is on the Switch, Deltarune is on the Switch, etc. "Brave" could be many things. "Brave" could be a reference to a final smash, or perhaps even a quality that the character has. Reggie said it himself. DLC is not going to be predictable. These leakers will not ruin our fun. The Grinch Leak has been destroyed, let's hope "Brave" gets destroyed.

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 201876
We never saw it coming expected Joker. Despite the datamine, "Brave" is quite vague. A lot of games have been released on the Switch, so Dragon Quest coming on the Switch is a "meh" example. Minecraft is on the Switch, Deltarune is on the Switch, etc. "Brave" could be many things. "Brave" could be a reference to a final smash, or perhaps even a quality that the character has. Reggie said it himself. DLC is not going to be predictable. These leakers will not ruin our fun. The Grinch Leak has been destroyed, let's hope "Brave" gets destroyed.
The big elephant in the room though is that Brave is closely tied to Dragon Quest as far as Japanese RPGs are concerned.

Could it be someone else? Of course.

But the logic I sometimes see of "It means the character is Brave!" is pretty laughable.

D

Deleted member

I am going to be correct.
Nintendo loves to surprise us. Nintendo is smart.
What if Nintendo put "Brave" in to trick the leakers?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
View attachment 201876
The big elephant in the room though is that Brave is closely tied to Dragon Quest as far as Japanese RPGs are concerned.

Could it be someone else? Of course.

But the logic I sometimes see of "It means the character is Brave!" is pretty laughable.
Ahhh, back to the main topic, eh?
Popcorn.gif

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
View attachment 201876
bubble-objection.gif

edgeworth-confident(b).gif

An interesting argument, but ultimately one still full of "could bes" and "maybes". And yet, what Erdrick has in his corner is physical evidence. The post from someone involved in Smash Ultimate's development with a picture of Kirby posed next to a shield bearing Erdrick's name. Vergeben, who, while I have been vocal about my distaste for in the past, has a relatively clean track record right now predicting his inclusion. The fact that the stats for Brave signify someone of similar build and skillset to Erdrick.

Your argument, while well thought-out, can't stand on its own if all you have to back it up is "this could be what happens instead" or "maybe the leakers are wrong".

this concludes my miles edgeworth roleplay thank you all for watching remember to smash that like button and subscribe for more hot edgeworth action

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The Side of Darkness has Peanut Butter and Cards Against Humanity.

The Side of Light has F.O.E. and Forrest.
I feel like Corrin and I have a deeper connection than I thought...

Because I have no idea which side to join...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It is not Erdrick, I know it.
I really do.
You gonna eat a shoe if you're wrong? Cause you better! And you better film it!

Not going to lie there's a hive mind that it is Erdrick, and it has a chance of being wrong, but everything that can be considered a "Smart Move" points towards Erdrick or another Dragon Quest character being the Challenger Pack 2. And, if I'm to speak for myself, they deserve it. A lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom