• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Who needs anything else, really? :foe!::forrest:

Though we also have better strategists, more advanced cartography skills, lawyers with louder Objections, and trans rights. Pretty good deal if you ask me.
Oh yeah? Well we have better strategy skills, more advanced cartographers, lawyers with sick ass hair and masks, and trans rights also. So take that!

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I need everything else. FOE and horse people do not do it for me. We have style, treasure, and a newly christened evil :disco:. We welcome all people, trans or not, who wish to do a little evil and mischief. We have a competitive insurance plan, a 401K retirement plan, and many other benefits including paid holidays, optional overtime, and we match contributions to the evil charity of your choice.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 201877

View attachment 201878
An interesting argument, but ultimately one still full of "could bes" and "maybes". And yet, what Erdrick has in his corner is physical evidence. The post from someone involved in Smash Ultimate's development with a picture of Kirby posed next to a shield bearing Erdrick's name. Vergeben, who, while I have been vocal about my distaste for in the past, has a relatively clean track record right now predicting his inclusion. The fact that the stats for Brave signify someone of similar build and skillset to Erdrick.

Your argument, while well thought-out, can't stand on its own if all you have to back it up is "this could be what happens instead" or "maybe the leakers are wrong".

this concludes my miles edgeworth roleplay thank you all for watching remember to smash that like button and subscribe for more hot edgeworth action
wright.gif

Well, what if they are trying to keep it a surprise? While Erdrick and "brave" are related, it really could be something else. We should never expect DLC. That developer could have posted that Erdrick shield to troll everyone. We do not know.

I feel like it will not be Erdrick. I feel it.

I WILL BE CORRECT! I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL, EVEN IF YOU HAVE MORE EVIDENCE, MY CHALLENGER!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 201876
We never saw it coming expected Joker. Despite the datamine, "Brave" is quite vague. A lot of games have been released on the Switch, so Dragon Quest coming on the Switch is a "meh" example. Minecraft is on the Switch, Deltarune is on the Switch, etc. "Brave" could be many things. "Brave" could be a reference to a final smash, or perhaps even a quality that the character has. Reggie said it himself. DLC is not going to be predictable. These leakers will not ruin our fun. The Grinch Leak has been destroyed, let's hope "Brave" gets destroyed.
Godot Objection.gif

OBJECTION!

I really, really hope that you're correct but I don't believe what you're saying.

What you're saying comes with the assumption that the "Brave" Codename was put in there to trick leakers and dataminers but that would be a false conclusion based upon the fact that they later removed it from the code, What reason would they have to remove something that was meant to trick Leakers? They'd only remove something if we weren't meant to see that.

Of course that doesn't mean that "Brave" is Erdrick but it's easier and less risky to assume that Brave refers to Erdrick based upon the fact that DQ has heavy ties to the term "Brave". It could be misleading but that's rather unlikely or we could be misinterpreting it but again it's less risky to assume that it's Erdrick.

The possibility of us misinterpreting "Brave" is there but the chances of Brave being Erdrick is far, far likelier. Even if Erdrick isn't brave he would likely still be in the pass one way or another.

I would love to sit here and pretend like Geno or some other Square Character will be the Square rep and that Erdrick/Brave is leakbait but it's not, Square cares the most about Erdrick putting him over the likes of even Sora so why would they care about any other character, Especially one they want to push to the West? They wouldn't. It's illogical to expect that the Square rep is someone other than Erdrick and it's only slightly less illogical to expect Brave to be someone else.

Nintendo only uses Leakbait in extreme scenarios like Star Fox Grand Prix but likely isn't one of those times. Erdrick will likely be the Square rep and Brave.

*Sigh* I can't believe I'm defending my least preferable scenario

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I need everything else. FOE and horse people do not do it for me. We have style, treasure, and a newly christened evil :disco:. We welcome all people, trans or not, who wish to do a little evil and mischief. We have a competitive insurance plan, a 401K retirement plan, and many other benefits including paid holidays, optional overtime, and we match contributions to the evil charity of your choice.
All right, so when does the official SmashBoards roleplay start, complete with heroes and villains?

MainJPW

M.T.A
“Brave” is Sandbag. You’d have to be brave to let people strike you across a stadium full force with a baseball bat not to mention all the brutal beat downs he has to endure in the online waiting rooms in Brawl, Sm4sh and as a summoned item.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno, Moy's offer sounds better in every possible way.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh yeah? Well we have better strategy skills, more advanced cartographers, lawyers with sick *** hair and masks, and trans rights also. So take that!
We have David Bowie. The way of Bowie is the way of fabulousness, and the way of fabulousness is paved with rainbows, which only manifest in the light. With Bowie on my side, you've already lost. But fear me, love me, do as I say, and I may yet forgive you.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 201883
OBJECTION!

I really, really hope that you're correct but I don't believe what you're saying.

What you're saying comes with the assumption that the "Brave" Codename was put in there to trick leakers and dataminers but that would be a false conclusion based upon the fact that they later removed it from the code, What reason would they have to remove something that was meant to trick Leakers? They'd only remove something if we weren't meant to see that.

Of course that doesn't mean that "Brave" is Erdrick but it's easier and less risky to assume that Brave refers to Erdrick based upon the fact that DQ has heavy ties to the term "Brave". It could be misleading but that's rather unlikely or we could be misinterpreting it but again it's less risky to assume that it's Erdrick.

The possibility of us misinterpreting "Brave" is there but the chances of Brave being Erdrick is far, far likelier. Even if Erdrick isn't brave he would likely still be in the pass one way or another.

I would love to sit here and pretend like Geno or some other Square Character will be the Square rep and that Erdrick/Brave is leakbait but it's not, Square cares the most about Erdrick putting him over the likes of even Sora so why would they care about any other character, Especially one they want to push to the West? They wouldn't. It's illogical to expect that the Square rep is someone other than Erdrick and it's only slightly less illogical to expect Brave to be someone else.

Nintendo only uses Leakbait in extreme scenarios like Star Fox Grand Prix but likely isn't one of those times. Erdrick will likely be the Square rep and Brave.

Hmm, well...
THINKING WRIGHT.gif

Brave can be something else. Heavy ties does not mean a guarantee.
What if Brave is not even related to Square? It could be leakbait, who knows?

I feel like Nintendo is going to give us a good surprise.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
View attachment 201883
OBJECTION!

edgeworth-handondesk(b).gif

Erdrick isn't my preferred scenario either (mostly because I've never played Dragon Quest) but we can't run from what the evidence tells us is the truth.

D

Deleted member

You've made your alliances known already daughter. You have forsaken your birthright.
What would I be?
I want to be a hero. I do not have to be the main character, but make me a hero who is very smart.
That is my recommendations, but you can choose who I am. :p

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Funny how you should think Bowie, the villainous Goblin King, is yours. He was on our side ALL ALONG. We have many agents doing our bidding. Sorry, Bowie is ours.

D

Deleted member

Who needs anything else, really? :foe!::forrest:

Though we also have better strategists, more advanced cartography skills, lawyers with louder Objections, and trans rights. Pretty good deal if you ask me.
I think I like your idea a lot better, let's go with yours. :forrest:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Ace Attorney GIFs getting brought out is one of the few good things about speculation.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The Ace Attorney GIFs getting brought out is one of the few good things about speculation.
I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been waiting this entire time for an opportunity to use them.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't really have a hat in the race of Erdrick/Not Erdrick, but if I had to pick a side, I'd be pro Erdrick.

Despite never playing a DQ game except 8, and only a couple of hours to it, the series is a LOT like Shin Megami in the sense of, while it never exploded in the west like Final Fantasy did, it was still very popular in the east and was basically there from the beginning.

Erdrick wasn't a character I had on my radar at all until the Brave datamine, but hey, I wouldn't mind it.

It almost feels like it's meant to be, having Joker in to represent "Shin Megami(loosely)", and Erdrick to represent Dragon Quest, 2 of the Famicon's oldest RPG series alongside Final Fantasy.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, well...
View attachment 201887
Brave can be something else. Heavy ties does not mean a guarantee.
What if Brave is not even related to Square? It could be leakbait, who knows?

I feel like Nintendo is going to give us a good surprise.
Gadot.jpg

Of course it does not confirm anything nor does it deny anything but we can take an educated guess on good faith that the most likely scenario is that it's implying Erdrick or at least evidence for the Character. I think that Erdrick is gonna get in one way or another brave is just a good time to do that.

I tried to make a convincing argument for Erdrick being leakbait and looking back on it not even I think that's true anymore, There is too much evidence pointing towards him for him to not make it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom