• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I understand they wanted less skilled players to be able to progress, but way too many of Odyssey's moons felt too easy to get, made them feel less rewarding imo.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My problem isn’t so much “quantity” as it is “quality”.

There’s about 3 million of em just kinda lying around which makes their worth a little underwhelming tbh
It's definitely not a system that's for everyone.

I like it because it makes each playthrough of the game feel unique and interesting, as you're free to choose how you progress throughout each Kingdom and choose which moons you prioritize and go for first. Makes speedruns super fun to watch as well. I like to think it's similar to BotW's open world concept, where you can tackle the game at your own pace and go pretty much wherever you want.

Plus, if there are moons you don't like getting, you can always skip them and go get some other ones instead. MO just gives you a lot of freedom in how you play it and that was a huge reason why I loved it.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be reading really bad stuff so as long as it's that I'll read it
I think it's really good actually
It was a beautiful sunny day, birds were singing and the wind blew as smoothly as butter.
"Ah, my love...", Malos approached the tree. "You're even prettier today."
Sitting in one of the tree branches was Thanos Car, he blushed once he heard Malos's comments.
"Oh please, my dear.", he said. "The sun only shines today because of your smile."
"Come on, get down from there.", Malos extended his hand to Thanos Car. "We have much to do today."
Thanos Car held his hand in return and got down from the tree.
"So, what will we do today, my sunshine?", Thanos Car asked.
"Well...", Malos kissed Thanos Car on the cheek, he blushed even harder than before. "Let's start it simply: just me and you, wherever we want to go."
I should be writing an assignment but instead here I am

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Alright guys, let’s get to know each other a bit, just for fun. You can just answer these questions with this format.

Favorite Game:
Favorite Game Hero:
Favorite Game Villian:
Favorite Game Console:
Favorite Game Company:
Favorite Indie Game:
Favorite Boss Battle:
Favorite Arcade Game:

Here are mine, I guess.

Favorite Game: Smash Ultimate
Favorite Game Hero: Gavin (Yeah I’m biased)
Favorite Game Villian: King K. Rool
Favorite Game Console: Nintendo Switch
Favorite Game Company: Nintendo
Favorite Indie Game: FNAF
Favorite Boss Battle: The Devil (Cuphead)
Favorite Arcade Game: Galaga
Favourite Game: Metroid Prime
Favourite Game Hero: Lora
Favourite Game Villain: Fawful
Favourite Game Console: Wii
Favourite Game Company: Nintendo
Favourite Indie Game: Cuphead
Favourite Boss Battle: Primal Dialga
Favourite Arcade Game: Squid Jump

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
YES. LET'S ****ING GO
D2nqOrcVAAAZ0Ak.jpg-large.jpeg

Made up almost half a million GSP in 1 day to get back in Elite.

YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP ME QUICKPLAY? **** YOU.

So what's going on here?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Who even cares about the Like-Post ratio? It's nice to see you have more likes than posts but it doesn't accurately represent the quality of the poster.

Sometimes people don't like cause the post in question doesn't contribute to the Conversation, not cause they're a bad person or they posted something terrible or anything.
Most of the time you get the big likes if you post a meme or show some "cutesy" crap.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I genuinely thought you were cool but if I can't say I don't like a video game in which I cannot by any means see what people like makes you mad you're no longer on my 'cool peeps' list
I’m sorry. Clearly I haven’t learned anything. I need to lie down again.

I regret that post already. If I could delete it I would. I just... when someone insults something you love you feel attacked. Like they’re telling you that you wasted your time loving something horrible and you should have been playing this great thing instead. That hurts. And it’s an experience I have all the time when I go online because I cannot seem to find any communities for the things I like.

Life just ****ing sucks.

And she’s probably not gonna see this cause she probably blocked me.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yes.

Birthright's the worst so let's just get that one out of the way first.

I didnt think I'd get 10 likes, people must really want you to suffer.
I'm probably gonna get a massive amount of flak for saying this, but I actually don't think Fates is that bad as a whole.

I would say that Conquest has some of, if not the best gameplay of the 3DS Fire Emblem games and provides a real challenge to the player. Revelations is fun for the character interactions and mass shipping you can do between units. Birthright...

It's Birthright. Not much else to it.

I will post my run through of it here similar to my Generationlocke run.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's definitely not a system that's for everyone.

I like it because it makes each playthrough of the game feel unique and interesting, as you're free to choose how you progress throughout each Kingdom and choose which moons you prioritize and go for first. Makes speedruns super fun to watch as well. I like to think it's similar to BotW's open world concept, where you can tackle the game at your own pace and go pretty much wherever you want.

Plus, if there are moons you don't like getting, you can always skip them and go get some other ones instead. MO just gives you a lot of freedom in how you play it and that was a huge reason why I loved it.
Don’t get me wrong- I love the game, for sure

Though I’m the type of person that, after I beat it, I proceeded to find the best routes to decimate the little time trial leaderboards

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
ClaTheBae ClaTheBae if you do do something from My Immortal, I'd prefer it be from either chapters 1-5 or chapter 9. 7-8 is just boring and terrible romance, instead of laughably terrible nonsense

Smashboards My Immortal: the story so far.
AN: stop flaming ok! I dntn red all da treads! dis is frum da movie ok so itz nut my folt if @Toaster Brains swers! besuizds I SED HE HAD A HEDACHE! and da reson @onreasonandone dosent lik @NateVO now is coz hes christian and nat is a satanist! INCIN ROX!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX666XXXXXXXXXXX

I was so mad and sad. I couldn’t believe @faygoshill for cheating on me. I began to cry against the tree where I didn't did it with Faygoshill.

Then all of a suddenly, an horrible man with black eyes and no nose and everything started flying towards me on a beach ball! He didn’t have a nose (basically like Voldemort in the movie) and he was wearing all red and blue but it was obvious he wasn’t gothic. It was…… PeridotGX PeridotGX !

“No!” I shouted in a scared voice but then PeridotGX shouted “Imperius!” and I couldn’t run away.

“YOUNG LINK!” I shouted at him. PeridotGXt fell of his ball and started to scream. I felt bad for him even though I’m a sadist so I stopped.

“Noipoi.” he yelled. “Thou must kill NateVO!”

I thought about Fagoshill and his sexah eyes and his gothic black hair and how his face looks just like **** Vitale. I remembered that Faygoshhill had said I didn’t understand, so I thought, what if Faygoshill went out with NateVO before I went out with him and they broke up?

“No, PeridotGX!” I shouted back.

PeridotGX gave me a gun. “No! Please!” I begged.

“Thou must!” he yelled. “If thou does not, then I shall kill thy beloved Faygoshill!”

“How did you know?” I asked in a surprised way.

PeridotGX got a dude-ur-so-dumb look on his face. “I hath telekinesis.” he answered cruelly. “And if you doth not kill NateVO, then thou know what will happen to Faygoshill!” he shouted. Then he flew away angrily on his broomstick.

I was so scared and mad I didn’t know what to do. Suddenly Faygoshill came into the woods.

“Faygoshill!” I said. “Hi!”

“Hi.” he said back but his face was all sad. He was wearing white foundation and messy eyeliner kind of like a pentagram (geddit) between **** Vitale and Papa Genos

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“No.” he answered.

“I’m sorry I got all mad at you but I thought you cheated on me.” I expelled.

“That’s okay.” he said all depressed and we went back into Smashboards together making out.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Alright guys, let’s get to know each other a bit, just for fun. You can just answer these questions with this format.

Favorite Game:
Favorite Game Hero:
Favorite Game Villian:
Favorite Game Console:
Favorite Game Company:
Favorite Indie Game:
Favorite Boss Battle:
Favorite Arcade Game
Favorite Game: Muramasa The Demon blade and Animal Crossing. Sorry, I cheated
Favorite Game Hero: Cyrus
Favorite Game Villian:
randall ascot
Favorite Game Console: 3DS and Switch
Favorite Indie Game: Is Gundeon an Indie?
Favorite Boss Battle: All Muramasa Battles
Favorite Arcade Game: N/A

D

Deleted member

Leave. Go away and never come back.
did nintendo abduct you from your family when you were a kid or something
I genuinely thought you were cool but if I can't say I don't like a video game in which I cannot by any means see what people like makes you mad you're no longer on my 'cool peeps' list
Gwen'ashr'flemgolybean's cool peeps list:
#1: Cutie Gwen
#2-∞: ???

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Favorite Game:
Favorite Game Hero:
Favorite Game Villian:
Favorite Game Console:
Favorite Game Company:
Favorite Indie Game:
Favorite Boss Battle:
Favorite Arcade Game:

Here are mine, I guess.

Favorite Game: Smash Ultimate
Favorite Game Hero: Gavin (Yeah I’m biased)
Favorite Game Villian: King K. Rool
Favorite Game Console: Nintendo Switch
Favorite Indie Game: FNAF
Favorite Boss Battle: The Devil (Cuphead)
Favorite Arcade Game: Galaga
Favourite Game: Majora's Mask
Favourite Game Hero: Olimar
Favourite Game Villain: It's cheating cos he's more of an anti-hero, but I gotta get Wario in somehow
Favourite Game Console: Gamecube
Favourite Game Company: Nintendo
Favourite Indie Game: I am a silly sausage who hasn't played nearly enough indie games to provide an honest answer. I'm getting Cuphead next month, so hopefully I'll like that.
Favourite Arcade Game: Again, I need to play more, but I remember enjoying Crazy Taxi
Favourite Boss Battle: That's a tough one ... The Shadow Queen from PM: The Thousand Year door or Ganondorf from the Wind Waker perhaps

yes I did passive aggressively stick u's in all of the favourites; yes, I am incredibly petty

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Favorite Game: Muramasa The Demon blade and Animal Crossing. Sorry, I cheated
Favorite Game Hero: Cyrus
Favorite Game Villian:
randall ascot
Favorite Game Console: 3DS and Switch
Favorite Indie Game: Is Gundeon an Indie?
Favorite Boss Battle: All Muramasa Battles
Favorite Arcade Game: N/A
Cyrus from Pokémon?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, i'm starting chapter 5.

It's probably gonna be a shorter one, and it's gonna be very Noi focused. But don't worry, it's a chapter meant to set up things that'll come into play during the finale. Everyone's gonna get a chance to shine later.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Favorite Game:
Favorite Game Hero:
Favorite Game Villian:
Favorite Game Console:
Favorite Game Company:
Favorite Indie Game:
Favorite Boss Battle:
Favorite Arcade Game:e
Favorite Game: Dragon Age II
Favorite Game Hero: Chris Redfield
Favorite Game Villian: The Illusive Man
Favorite Game Console: New 3DS XL
Favorite Game Company: Capcom
Favorite Indie Game: Oxenfree
Favorite Boss Battle: KoShi and RoShi (Nier Automata C-route final boss before The Decision™)
Favorite Arcade Game: Street Fighter III Third Strike

Weird that I didn't put a single Sega thing on this list. Huh.

D

Deleted member

Alright, i'm starting chapter 5.

It's probably gonna be a shorter one, and it's gonna be very Noi focused. But don't worry, it's a chapter meant to set up things that'll come into play during the finale. Everyone's gonna get a chance to shine later.
wow narcissist smh

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Mario is usually a bore imo and I can only say I enjoyed like 5 Mario games
I like Super Mario World a lot, and also SM64, Galaxy, Sunshine, and Odyssey because they’re the ones I’ve always felt compelled to speed through after beating them thoroughly into the ground

A lot of the New Super Mario Bros series feels like crappy anime filler to me lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Since I'm too cheap to buy the Online at the moment, is there really a benefit of getting to Elite Smash? From what I've heard, it's not exactly great and the online in Smash Ultimate leaves much to be desired, especially since Splatoon 2 and ARMS have solid netcode. Yet Smash, the biggest title to use this online just ****s the bed.

This feels like YouTube.
That's the internet. Imgur, Twitter and Facebook ain't much different.

D

Deleted member

Don’t get me wrong- I love the game, for sure

Though I’m the type of person that, after I beat it, I proceeded to find the best routes to decimate the little time trial leaderboards
The Koopa the Quick Moons were actually super fun and I loved all of them, lol. I kind of wish they had their own mode, or something; I would have loved to play time trial version of the game's tougher platforming sections.

Speaking of which, I need to go do the game's Champion's Road legit at some point. I cheesed it with the Peach amiibo my first time through because I'm bad.

D

Deleted member

I think it's really good actually
It was a beautiful sunny day, birds were singing and the wind blew as smoothly as butter.
"Ah, my love...", Malos approached the tree. "You're even prettier today."
Sitting in one of the tree branches was Thanos Car, he blushed once he heard Malos's comments.
"Oh please, my dear.", he said. "The sun only shines today because of your smile."
"Come on, get down from there.", Malos extended his hand to Thanos Car. "We have much to do today."
Thanos Car held his hand in return and got down from the tree.
"So, what will we do today, my sunshine?", Thanos Car asked.
"Well...", Malos kissed Thanos Car on the cheek, he blushed even harder than before. "Let's start it simply: just me and you, wherever we want to go."
I should be writing an assignment but instead here I am
and they say smashboards doesn't have quality content

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Odyssey is actually good because it doesn't waste your time with 'comedy' and kicks you in the game, and you're constantly rewarded for being good at the game as you have a seemingly limitless way to go around everything. Most of the stuff in Banjo is "Look for the specific thing!" and then you get rewarded, Odyssey makes me feel like I'm ACTUALLY exploring because I get my skills put to the test to get around to my destination, whereas Banjo goes "LOOK! **** TO PICK UP! YOU MUST GO HERE!"
You're also comparing a 1998 game to a 2017 one.

If you've ever tried to collect everything in a Banjo level you'll find it rewards exploration as much, if not more than Mario 64 does.

D

Deleted member

My problem isn’t so much “quantity” as it is “quality”.

There’s about 3 million of em just kinda lying around which makes their worth a little underwhelming tbh
Honestly while I agree with you at some point that there's too many moons, it is part of the design in Odyssey because Mario controls like a dream. The amount of tricks and techniques make it both fun to play and fun to watch. There are simply way too many ways to tackle different situations and collect different moons, it rewards technique and experimentation and makes the game shine even on replays.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
If we're talking collectathons, then:
-Mario Odyssey is great
-Spyro's original trilogy is great
-Banjo-Kazooie is great (haven't played Tooie so I can't speak for that one)
-Yooka-Laylee is great
-If it counts, A Hat in Time is great
-DK64 is pretty good too, but not as great

There's also the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger games for a more obscure option.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly while I agree with you at some point that there's too many moons, it is part of the design in Odyssey because Mario controls like a dream. The amount of tricks and techniques make it both fun to play and fun to watch. There are simply way too many ways to tackle different situations and collect different moons, it rewards technique and experimentation and makes the game shine even on replays.
I know that it’s part of the design... lol... I was just talking about my personal gripes with it and comparing it to how Banjo never really made me feel that way

It’s a non-issue and I love Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom