• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I expect a picture with you wearing your favorite shirt backwards, giving a thumbs up while eating bacon.
**** I have to pick a favorite shirt?

That's too ****ing hard man.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't have a source but I think there was an NPC in one of the houses in Conquest who said that a lot of Cheve was still loyal to Nohr.

FE:Fates had horrible world building and story consistency in general though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why is it that only League of Legends is allowed to shill itself with multiple minute plus ads on youtube? I don't mind supporting the creators, but you don't need 4x the ad time to annoy the hell out of me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I was going to dispute you on this, but apparently the original Banjo-Kazooie and Earthbound sold around the same number of copies total in their original life cycle. They were still in the millions, though.
Your numbers are all ****ed up

There's no chance Earthbound broke a million. Pre-VC, at any rate.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why is it that only League of Legends is allowed to shill itself with multiple minute plus ads on youtube? I don't mind supporting the creators, but you don't need 4x the ad time to annoy the hell out of me.
Because they can afford it.

A lot of it.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Bets ... bets .... uhh ....

If Skull Kid gets in I'll summon the moon to kill us all in three days? Idk, I haven't really thought this one through

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if earthbound sold in the millions before VC existed then pray tell why do actual cartidges of the game go for triple digits or why its considered to be a cult classic when you have to be, yknow, obscure as **** to get that label

D

Deleted member

I'm saying that the games aren't remembered for being good but for being 'haha quirky'
Personality goes a long way. That being said, collectathons and big games were the rage back in the N64 days. It appealed to sensibilities and still holds up even if it can be a bit archaic in areas.

By the way, have you played Super Mario Odyssey? Curious on what your opinion for that game is.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm saying that the games aren't remembered for being good but for being 'haha quirky'
I can understand why you say that about Earthbound but I never got that vibe from Banjo-Kazooie.

I think people just genuine think Banjo-Kazooie is a good game which I can agree with, Of course some don't agree with that and that's totally fine but from my experience people remember B-K for being good rather than being "Haha so quirky".

D

Deleted member

Hmm. Nowadays, I can see why it's overrated when we have games like A Hat in Time or Mario Odyssey. I think it's important because it helped lay a good foundation for games like those, but since it hasn't gotten a game since, I can see why it might look overly-praised. It is. It just hasn't updated itself with the times and Yooka-Laylee didn't really help with that either, so we have no modern reference of Banjo actually being a good series. Maybe that's what you're saying.
Its silly. Its more like I feel a lot of the praise it gets just feels like people didn't play BK or SM64, and are giving a lot of credit to BK rather than SM64 especially when the latter was the game that pretty much kickstarted the 3D collectathons. Plus pretty much I see that AHiT and Odyssey are pretty much based more on other Mario titles than Banjo as Banjo games are pretty much based on SM64. Sunshine is pretty much the basis for AHiT more than BK from what I've seen.
Right but when you get into Smash you're pretty much safe from being forgotten by the fans, at least. Look at F-Zero. Unless you mean strictly by the company. However, I doubt a successful IP under a large company (before they were stymied) in a genre that usually flourishes on Nintendo systems, with the benefit that comes with Smash inclusion would've bit the dust. Other series that have fallen by the wayside usually don't have all that in their favour.

Who knows. You're right, it'll always be a hypothetical, but it seems unlikely.
Pretty much I meant by the company, as games forgotten by Nintendo (or by any other company whatsoever) will always have their share of fans. Dunno how they would have fared if still on Nintendo regarding getting games, and remember that even F-Zero got pretty much the can with a relatively successful GC title with more than a million units sold and other series have very weird hiatus periods.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah they're quirky, but Banjo is also remembered for being good. Actually both are remembered for being good.

It's just that Earthbound was initially overlooked while Banjo wasn't.

D

Deleted member

When, in what ****ing universe, was obvious and blatant sarcasm considered taking it a step too far?
It's hard to convey sarcasm on a message board with using only text, Okay? Now that I know it was sarcasm no it's not taking it too far I just couldn't tell if you were being serious or not cause people say some crazy stuff.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright guys, let’s get to know each other a bit, just for fun. You can just answer these questions with this format.

Favorite Game:
Favorite Game Hero:
Favorite Game Villian:
Favorite Game Console:
Favorite Game Company:
Favorite Indie Game:
Favorite Boss Battle:
Favorite Arcade Game:

Here are mine, I guess.

Favorite Game: Smash Ultimate
Favorite Game Hero: Gavin (Yeah I’m biased)
Favorite Game Villian: King K. Rool
Favorite Game Console: Nintendo Switch
Favorite Game Company: Nintendo
Favorite Indie Game: FNAF
Favorite Boss Battle: The Devil (Cuphead)
Favorite Arcade Game: Galaga

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh dang, I just moved up from 24th to 23rd most liked member on this site.
I'm in the 52nd Spot, coming right after Luigi The President Luigi The President .

To be honest, I'm less concerned with placement right now and more concerned with improving my posting quality vs quantity to improve my Like-to-Post ratio (currently sitting at a cool 2.8:1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom