• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There's also Azura, Felicia, Jakob, Kaze and Gunter. Corrin's extra special because (s)he gets four retainers.

Silas is just a random knight, who also happens to be your childhood friend (so he's sort of a retainer?).
Charlotte and Benny are borderguards. Scarlet might also be a borderguard? They kind of gloss over it in favour of being a rebel. It would have been neat if Scarlet was a proper character and had supports with Charlotte and Benny.
Scarlet is not from Nohr though, she's from Cheve.

D

Deleted member

They're not icons in gaming, but they could have still been a living and breathing mascot for Nintendo if not for the unfortunate buyout. That's what's most unfortunate about their position right now, but also recognizable because they're technically not forgotten by Microsoft either.
Or they could be in the same place as Isaac and many forgotten franchises right now. Honestly I dont mind them getting in smash, but find their fanbase annoying at times given how much they oversell them especially since I grew up playing them.

MS management of Rare's brand was pretty much awful especially considering that PD was pretty much a series that they managed to kill even if it was in their target demographics.
Also, what!s everyone’s thoughts in Shantae 5?
As long as it's more PC and less HGH its going to be alright.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Your profile picture really sells your feelings on this game. I think this is the one game with Fate in its name that's possibly hated even more than Fate's recent reputation in the video game market (you know which one).
Ha, it totally is, isn't it? I have a weird relationship with Fates, and it's sometimes hard to gauge what my exact feelings are on it. So I enjoy discussing it more than other Fire Emblems.

Like, purely from an enjoyment standpoint, it's somewhere in the middle. There have been other FE games that were kind of dated by the time I played them or just not that great in my opinion-- Genealogy of Holy War comes to mind. But there's so much wrong with Fates from concept to execution that I can't, like, publicly endorse it or say that I like it. At the same time, there are things about it I did like, and I listen to the soundtrack surprisingly frequently. I got into playing Corrin in Ultimate, at some point decided Azura was going to be my avatar, and now I feel like I'm advertising a very mediocre game and feel the need to justify it.

Plus I'm worried about Three Houses and dissecting what I did and did not like in the most polarizing FE game ever helps me center my expectations for the next game, I guess.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Game never kicks ya out of a level...

Instead, you go back to the entrance.

But you lose all notes so have fun!

(Unless your playing the Xbox versions)
What are you talking about? Rusty Bucket Bay does no such thing. You just collect a jiggy, and then keep playing, like always. I'm kind of confused right now.

D

Deleted member

From the Wiki.

"Cheve (Japanese: シュヴァリエ Chevalier) is a location in Nohr"

Charlotte and Benny are also from Cheve.
And they want independence from Nohr for a good reason, you know?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What are you talking about? Rusty Bucket Bay does no such thing. You just collect a jiggy, and then keep playing, like always. I'm kind of confused right now.
Oh... I think everyone meant if you die.
Regardless, what I said still applies.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yukimura was the best Fates character and no one even remembers him, despite Mechanist being the objectively coolest class.
Being totally honest: there was a point when I thought Azama and Yukimura were the same character.

In my defense, I never finished Birthright.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Rusty Bucket has the hardest 'all notes' thing and if you die you lose all the notes you had
From the Wiki.

"Cheve (Japanese: シュヴァリエ Chevalier) is a location in Nohr"

Charlotte and Benny are also from Cheve.
Wow Shish you ****ing fake nerd, I bet you're only here to show off your boobs so boys like you

D

Deleted member

Or they could be in the same place as Isaac and many forgotten franchises right now. Honestly I dont mind them getting in smash, but find their fanbase annoying at times given how much they oversell them especially since I grew up playing them.

MS management of Rare's brand was pretty much awful especially considering that PD was pretty much a series that they managed to kill even if it was in their target demographics.

Fanbase? Yeah, that would do it.

I don't wanna assume how big the fanbase is, but it's enough to get us recently released figurines and still have them represented on promotional posters. I think it's the logical bridge that Microsoft and Nintendo will build between their new relationship. There's more to the mascot than someone like Geno and Isaac since the duo are still being acknowledged to this day by their own company. They're not being acknowledged well, but it's interesting to see how Microsoft acknowledges their nostalgic appeal through their terrible use of Banjo. Again, it's why it's so strange. Out of all of the forgotten and old Nintendo series that are pushed for a revival, Banjo of all characters seem to have the strongest chance now.

But yeah, **** the fans even if they are the only shot at Banjo getting into Smash. It's an unfortunate conflict of interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wow Shish you ****ing fake nerd, I bet you're only here to show off your boobs so boys like you
Shots fired.

TIL that "Cheve", which I thought would be pronounced "Cheev", is actually probably pronounced "Chev" or "Cheveh".

D

Deleted member

Also from the wiki:
"Despite the existence of a rebellion, most (Chevian) citizens actually are loyal to Nohr."
I just checked the wiki and it makes no mention of that. In fact
"Cheve is a country south of Nohr, a short distance northwest of the country of Nestra."
It actually calls it a country "south of Nohr"

D

Deleted member

Rusty Bucket has the hardest 'all notes' thing and if you die you lose all the notes you had
Most Banjo fans agree that Rusty Bucket Bay just sucks. Even if you got rid of the all notes requirement (like the Xbox version does), the world doesn't have a lot of memorable characters to interact with so it feels empty as well.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Most Banjo fans agree that Rusty Bucket Bay just sucks. Even if you got rid of the all notes requirement (like the Xbox version does), the world doesn't have a lot of memorable characters to interact with so it feels empty as well.
Well uh... there’s Snorkel...

Yeah that’s literally it in terms of characters.

I have an easier time remembering every spirit battle in WOL than Rusty Bucket Bay

D

Deleted member

Shut up, you're just salty my boobs are twice the size of yours

D

Deleted member

I was so content on my bet, then I realized "oh DAMN I FORGOT" when you made that post so now I'm bringing an innocent one down with me.

Sad times.
What the hell are you talking about? What bet? I feel like you're purposefully making your posts confusing just to piss me off even more.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just checked the wiki and it makes no mention of that. In fact
"Cheve is a country south of Nohr, a short distance northwest of the country of Nestra."
It actually calls it a country "south of Nohr"
I'm using the wiki run by Moydow Moydow , the fandom wiki, like all wikias, has spotty information.

Also, even if Cheve is a separate country, the opinions of a small resistance group do not reflect the opinions of the larger (more loyal) populace.

More likely, Cheve is a county of Nohr.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
D

Deleted member

What the hell are you talking about? What bet? I feel like you're purposefully making your posts confusing just to piss me off even more.
Oh no, that wasn't my intention at all, I thought you were caught up on all the bet stuff that happened, my b.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
@TotsBS made a bet: if none of the characters he predicts get in Smash as DLC, he'll stop using his Scott persona.

But earlier, you said that if he stopped using the Scott persona, you'd quit the site.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But what if a specific fandom only has a wikia and not a wiki?

What’s the consensus there?
Oh I was talking about FE Wikis specifically, haha. The Fire Emblem Wikia is notoriously terrible.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
An IP that successful under a developer that multifaceted seems unlikely to languish, especially since had it still been under Nintendo, it probably would've been included as far back as Brawl.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There's also Azura, Felicia, Jakob, Kaze and Gunter. Corrin's extra special because (s)he gets four retainers (five if you count Flora).

Silas is just a random knight, who also happens to be your childhood friend (so he's sort of a retainer?).
Charlotte and Benny are borderguards. Scarlet might also be a borderguard? They kind of gloss over it in favour of being a rebel. It would have been neat if Scarlet was a proper character and had supports with Charlotte and Benny.
Okay. I'm going to do my best to remember every retainer and which royal they, er, retain, from memory. I will not look anything up and most likely get multiple wrong.

I will also do this to this music.

*ah-HEH-HEH-HEH-HEM*

Corrin:
Felicia, Gunter, Jakob, Flora

Xander:
Peri for some reason, uh... Laslow?

Leo:
Niles, Odin

Camilla:
Severa, Beruka

Elise:
Effie and uh... Arthur...?

Ryoma:
Saizo and... I wanna say Kagero

Takumi:
Oboro and someone who isn't Oboro

Hinoka:
Setsuna, Orochi (Orichi? w/e)

Sakura:
Hinata, Hana

Also why does Azura not get any retainers what the hell.

How correct was I.

D

Deleted member

Fanbase? Yeah, that would do it.

I don't wanna assume how big the fanbase is, but it's enough to get us figurines and still have them represented on promotional posters. I think it's the logical bridge that Microsoft and Nintendo will build between their new relationship. There's more to the mascot than someone like Geno and Isaac since the duo are still being acknowledged to this day by their own company. They're not being acknowledged well, but it's interesting to see how Microsoft acknowledges their nostalgic appeal through their terrible use of Banjo. Again, it's why it's so strange. Out of all of the forgotten and old Nintendo series that are pushed for a revival, Banjo seems to have the strongest chance now.

But yeah, **** the fans even if they are the only shot at Banjo getting into Smash.
Its not like that, for me at least they just feel so tacked on for me nowadays as I just feel that the pair during the 64 era were just there. Especially compared to other bigshots of the era like Crash, Lara, Spyro, Gordon Freeman, Cloud, Pokemon etc. It just feels like some kinda retroactive importance that I'm not really sure how it happened, if it was due to Jontron videos or its just this late tendency of appreciating more underappreciated series while depreciating appreciated series. It just doesn't feel right for some reason at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom