• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well my class ended, even got to mention Smash in a presentation me and 2 others worked on.

Specifically the removal of G&W’s feather. I am not going into details though I was neutral.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Except PlayTonic doesn’t own Banjo or even work on the series.
Fair point, SnakeFighter. I'm well aware of that, but I feel like they'd be aware of any development of the remakes (if they exist). Unlike Capcom's situation with Devil May Cry, where a chunk of Platinum's talented employees left, they still managed to create a great sequel this year in-house.

As far as I know, Microsoft does not have that same luxury that Capcom does, so they'd need a talented studio (that Microsoft and Nintendo can mutually get behind) for a Banjo game to exist on the Switch.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Shura? His only support was with Corrin and no one else. I hate those kinds of characters. They feel like a waste putting on your team. Same for uh... The older woman with an X-scar on her face. She was basically Scarlet but a different character model.
Yeah, Shura.

For a moment I thought you were talking about Scarlet, and then you said you weren't talking about Scarlet.

...Let me just look up a list of the characters and I'll just list out the ones who weren't retainers.

All Children and the Amiibos
All Paths: Silas, Shura, Mozu, Izana, Fuga, Anna
Birthright: Rinkah, Reina (the scar lady), Kaden, Scarlet
Conquest: Nyx, Benny, Charlotte, Keaton, Flora

Everyone else is a Royal or Retainer.

D

Deleted member

The only thing Playtonic has to do with Banjo is by making games just as bad
Won't say the games are bad (they are good but flawed), but people oversell their importance to Nintendo and the 5th generation of consoles.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also Corrin is the worst protagonist in series history and makes it hard to take any of the story seriously because every other character is busy licking their feet.
One of the moments I remember from Revelation that just made me go "what the hell" was when the very clearly evil runt who wanted to take your army down a hazardous path to sneak into the castle and both Xander and Ryoma were like "hell no you're evil I'll kill you right now". Then Corrin was like, "No! He's not evil!" And then for some inexplicable reason both crown princes said "yeah okay".

Then Corrin basically takes candy in a windowless van because-- gasp-- the evil kid turned out to be evil and Corrin went with him alone by herself, then the gang saves her because they all knew he was evil and followed them there. And when it's all over and Corrin starts to realize how her naivete could have destroyed their entire war effort... Ryoma and Xander and ****ing everyone else tells her not to feel bad about it and to never change.

What the **** Fire Emblem can I not get a single moment of character growth? For the love of God.

Graizen

Smash Champion
You guys like Fire Emblem,
Maybe will like Digimon Survive, gameplay looks like Fire Emblem

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Fair point, SnakeFighter. I'm well aware of that, but I feel like they'd be aware of any development of the remakes (if they exist). Unlike Capcom's situation with Devil May Cry, where a chunk of Platinum's talented employees left, they still managed to create a great sequel this year in-house.

As far as I know, Microsoft does not have that same luxury that Capcom does, so they'd need a talented studio (that Microsoft and Nintendo can mutually get behind) for a Banjo game to exist on the Switch.
I mean, ex-Rare staff weren't aware when K. Rool was being brought back, so I doubt they'd be any more clued-in with Banjo. It's all about who owns the rights and who needs to know what. People not directly working on the project don't need to know.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
One of the moments I remember from Revelation that just made me go "what the hell" was when the very clearly evil runt who wanted to take your army down a hazardous path to sneak into the castle and both Xander and Ryoma were like "hell no you're evil I'll kill you right now". Then Corrin was like, "No! He's not evil!" And then for some inexplicable reason both crown princes said "yeah okay".

Then Corrin basically takes candy in a windowless van because-- gasp-- the evil kid turned out to be evil and Corrin went with him alone by herself, then the gang saves her because they all knew he was evil and followed them there. And when it's all over and Corrin starts to realize how her naivete could have destroyed their entire war effort... Ryoma and Xander and ****ing everyone else tells her not to feel bad about it and to never change.

What the **** Fire Emblem can I not get a single moment of character growth? For the love of God.
Your profile picture really sells your feelings on this game. I think this is the one game with Fate in its name that's possibly hated even more than Fate's recent reputation in the video game market (you know which one).

D

Deleted member

For me, the breaking point was

When Gunter betrayed the group by throwing balls at Corrin's party, everyone immediately just turned on Corrin and was assuming he was a traitor! Like what the ****!? Are you guys even consistently written a little bit!?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, Shura.

For a moment I thought you were talking about Scarlet, and then you said you weren't talking about Scarlet.

...Let me just look up a list of the characters and I'll just list out the ones who weren't retainers.

All Children and the Amiibos
All Paths: Silas, Shura, Mozu, Izana, Fuga, Anna
Birthright: Rinkah, Reina (the scar lady), Kaden, Scarlet
Conquest: Nyx, Benny, Charlotte, Keaton, Flora

Everyone else is a Royal or Retainer.
It says something about the game-- or at least my enjoyment of the game-- that I couldn't remember the motivations for half of the characters there. I honestly thought Silas and Charlotte were retainers and I legitimately can't tell you who Izana or Flora are without looking it up.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Imo, Diddy Kong Racing was the best N64 Rare game, and it's a crime that they haven't done anything with the franchise since the DS remake.
To be fair, it’s apparently because of the convoluted mess the licensing is.

To keep it simple: Diddy and Krunch (along with Dixie and Tiny) are Nintendo

Everyone else is Rare

Imagine a sequel with the same characters... but no Diddy. People would be mad.

D

Deleted member

Won't say the games are bad (they are good but flawed), but people oversell their importance to Nintendo and the 5th generation of consoles.
They're not icons in gaming, but they could have still been a living and breathing mascot for Nintendo if not for the unfortunate buyout. That's what's most unfortunate about their position right now, but also recognizable because they're technically not forgotten by Microsoft either. I'm hoping.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I mean, ex-Rare staff weren't aware when K. Rool was being brought back, so I doubt they'd be any more clued-in with Banjo. It's all about who owns the rights and who needs to know what. People not directly working on the project don't need to know.
Oooo, if that's truly the case, then I suppose Banjo still has a chance. That's another good point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i remember when the original actor for the dora live action movie got fired because she had relations to the bloods gang

thats how i found out the movie even existed

Shroob

Sup?
Because to quote one of the best shows on TV, "Uhhhh, ya boring!" Only thing I can compliment it is that it does the Mario 64 thing that lets you do worlds out of order if you're skilled enough
Hey, at least it doesn't kick you out of the level after getting each mcguffin.

D

Deleted member

Because to quote one of the best shows on TV, "Uhhhh, ya boring!" Only thing I can compliment it is that it does the Mario 64 thing that lets you do worlds out of order if you're skilled enough
I mean okay that really doesn't answer my question but whatever if you don't like the games I can respect that, it's just that I respectfully disagree. I find them fun but if you don't that's all good people have different tastes in things.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I think you meant
tenor (3).gif

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Also, what!s everyone’s thoughts in Shantae 5?
I like that Shantae has its own legs to walk forward as a series, instead of needing to rely on the Smash fandom to prove to people that the title character is deserving of recognition. Just getting more games at all means she has her own merits, and that's great. I'm glad it exists, is what I'm saying.

D

Deleted member

I can see where you might get that idea. Different tastes, in the end. Glad you at least gave it a shot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yukimura was the best Fates character and no one even remembers him, despite Mechanist being the objectively coolest class.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It says something about the game-- or at least my enjoyment of the game-- that I couldn't remember the motivations for half of the characters there. I honestly thought Silas and Charlotte were retainers and I legitimately can't tell you who Izana or Flora are without looking it up.
There's also Azura, Felicia, Jakob, Kaze and Gunter. Corrin's extra special because (s)he gets four retainers (five if you count Flora).

Silas is just a random knight, who also happens to be your childhood friend (so he's sort of a retainer?).
Charlotte and Benny are borderguards. Scarlet might also be a borderguard? They kind of gloss over it in favour of being a rebel. It would have been neat if Scarlet was a proper character and had supports with Charlotte and Benny.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yukimura was the best Fates character and no one even remembers him, despite Mechanist being the objectively coolest class.
I'm so torn on the Mechanist class, I like the concept of them, but don't like actually using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom