• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Games in 1993 and 1997 gave me more reason to actually want to explore than "Hey pick the collectables up!"
Ok... if Banjo's not your jam that's fine, but I mean that's literally how each level of SM64 starts. It was a common solution to games losing their linearity when the z-axis showed up.

Sounds like conflating objectivity with subjectivity to me.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I’m sorry. Clearly I haven’t learned anything. I need to lie down again.

I regret that post already. If I could delete it I would. I just... when someone insults something you love you feel attacked. Like they’re telling you that you wasted your time loving something horrible and you should have been playing this great thing instead. That hurts. And it’s an experience I have all the time when I go online because I cannot seem to find any communities for the things I like.

Life just ****ing sucks.

And she’s probably not gonna see this cause she probably blocked me.
I believe this is a valid sentiment; When we become attached to things it's easy to take insults towards that thing as insults towards us. That being said, there should come a point where one takes a step back and acknowledges that other people have different opinions, and that's okay. I love Kingdom Hearts, but I know a lot of people don't.

Furthermore, one should be able to recognize the flaws of what they love and love it regardless. Love is a choice; it's saying "I know this is flawed, but I love it anyways." If you love it, then why do what other people think about it matter?
This is what I’m talking about. This is what I hate. I don’t like the Mario Universe. I think the characters are dumb and annoying and everything is just too nice and polished and bouncy for me. But Mario survived to have a monopoly on one of my favorite genres and Banjo didn’t.
So you're going to say that "when someone insults something you love you feel attacked" and then turn around and attack a beloved franchise?

I'm not passing judgement since I have no clue where you're coming from here, but don't you think that's just a tad bit hypocritical?

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Favorite Game: TLoZ: TP. I've enjoyed better games but goddamn this one strikes my Nostalgia™ cords

Favorite Game Hero: Oof, this is a tough one. I don't usually end up caring about main protags too much since side characters are almost always more interesting. BotW Link, then

Favorite Game Villain:View attachment 201444

Favorite Console: Objectively the Switch is better but the GameCube because of Nostalgia™

Favorite Company: Nintendo

Favorite Indie Game: Hyper Light Drifter

Favorite Boss Battle: Metal Sonic's true form from Sonic Heroes. Once again, Nostalgia™

Favorite Arcade Game: Don't have one
Hyper Light Drifter is yee buddy.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Random question but my mic on Discord isn’t picking up my voice, know what I should do?
Try checking permissions and settings to make sure you didn't accidentally set yourself to mute, or block Discord from accessing the mic. You might also check to make sure it works with other software, to rule out a potential driver issue.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm surprised we haven't gotten a straight up Bowser game at this point, he's the only major Mario character without his own full game.
I imagine that would require creating a new character or using an RPG bad guy, since I doubt they'd have Mario as a bad guy outside of DKJR.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Alright guys, let’s get to know each other a bit, just for fun. You can just answer these questions with this format.

Favorite Game:
Favorite Game Hero:
Favorite Game Villian:
Favorite Game Console:
Favorite Game Company:
Favorite Indie Game:
Favorite Boss Battle:
Favorite Arcade Game:

Here are mine, I guess.

Favorite Game: Smash Ultimate
Favorite Game Hero: Gavin (Yeah I’m biased)
Favorite Game Villian: King K. Rool
Favorite Game Console: Nintendo Switch
Favorite Game Company: Nintendo
Favorite Indie Game: FNAF
Favorite Boss Battle: The Devil (Cuphead)
Favorite Arcade Game: Galaga
I needed something to do.

1. BOTW or Oracle of Ages/Seasons
2. Link
3. Hades/Ganondorf
4. Nintendo Switch (if I had one)
5. Nintendo
6. The Messenger
7. Jaquio (original Ninja Gaiden)
8. The Tower of Drauga

D

Deleted member

My gut tells me that Scot the Woz is one of those internet personalities that will be "you either die or live long enough to see the villain" types. Though it's just a gut feeling.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I watched about 2 minutes of a Scott the Woz episode and couldn’t stop thinking about this thread so I chucked my computer into a river immediately

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The number 1 Jill dude on the site and his favorite is actually Chris Redfield?

What buffoonery is this?
Lol. I've said it multiple times but posts get lost here so quickly.

Chris is actually my favorite. He's the Superman/Captain America archetype, and I adore everything about him. That said, Jill is the tails to his heads on the same coin, and Chris has been the star of two straight MvC games where, unlike Jill, he was actually well-represented. Jill has closer ties to Nintendo, a classic moveset to draw from to keep a Smash character's roots closer to old RE than new RE, and she hasn't been relevant in the canonical RE timeline since 2009 when she was brainwashed by Wesker.

I vote for Jill because I miss her and because she's more likely with the rumored RE3make and fourth CGI movie both starring her, while Chris would likely get his new not-Roger-Craig-Smith VA and I'd die a little inside. Plus, in terms of making RE more popular in the Smash fandom, let's be honest: The fanbase likes girls.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What mods are you applying to Fates?

I didn't realize the 3DS was easy to mod.
It's incredibly easy to mod. All you need is ~$30 to buy a flashcart and you can mod/homebrew/hack away. There are other methods, but they're more difficult to carry out. Just a note that I'm not providing any links to hacking methods or advocating for homebrewing or modding your 3DS.

In terms of mods I'm applying, I'll be applying 2:
  1. The Good Guy Garon mod, which overhauls the story of Conquest to make it actually good, and
  2. The Same-Sex Marriage Patch, which expands support options as a whole, predominately adding same sex supports for both male and female characters
For Birthright to make it interesting I'm thinking of doing a PMU (Pick My Units). What would you guys think of that?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm personally a fan of more gaming groups then single scripted content.

Like the super best friends...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well the day is almost coming. Aka the day where a supposed ridiculous game announcement happens but it's actually fake, but then at the same time it actually looks like a cool concept overall.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I believe this is a valid sentiment; When we become attached to things it's easy to take insults towards that thing as insults towards us. That being said, there should come a point where one takes a step back and acknowledges that other people have different opinions, and that's okay. I love Kingdom Hearts, but I know a lot of people don't.

Furthermore, one should be able to recognize the flaws of what they love and love it regardless. Love is a choice; it's saying "I know this is flawed, but I love it anyways." If you love it, then why do what other people think about it matter?

So you're going to say that "when someone insults something you love you feel attacked" and then turn around and attack a beloved franchise?

I'm not passing judgement since I have no clue where you're coming from here, but don't you think that's just a tad bit hypocritical?
I understand. It’s just... I don’t even know anymore.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's incredibly easy to mod. All you need is ~$30 to buy a flashcart and you can mod/homebrew/hack away. There are other methods, but they're more difficult to carry out. Just a note that I'm not providing any links or advocating for homebrewing or modding your 3DS.

In terms of mods I'm applying, I'll be applying 2:
  1. The Good Guy Garon mod, which overhauls the story of Conquest to make it actually good, and
  2. The Same-Sex Marriage Patch, which expands support options as a whole, predominately adding same sex supports for both male and female characters
For Birthright to make it interesting I'm thinking of doing a PMU (Pick My Units). What would you guys think of that?

Where can I get these mods and how do I implement them.

Link me.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Alright guys, let’s get to know each other a bit, just for fun. You can just answer these questions with this format.

Favorite Game:
Favorite Game Hero:
Favorite Game Villian:
Favorite Game Console:
Favorite Game Company:
Favorite Indie Game:
Favorite Boss Battle:
Favorite Arcade Game:
'
Favorite Game: Haha don't make me choose
Favorite Game Hero: Luigi
Favorite Game Villain: I'd say King Dedede, if he even counts as one, lol
Favorite Game Console: Switch
Favorite Game Company: Probably Nintendo
Favorite Indie Game: Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Favorite Boss Battle: How do decide this one? The Final Boss of Metal Gear Rising is pretty badass, off the top of my head.
Favorite Arcade Game: That Simpsons beat-em-up, because it's the only one I've played.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It's incredibly easy to mod. All you need is ~$30 to buy a flashcart and you can mod/homebrew/hack away. There are other methods, but they're more difficult to carry out.
You don't even need a flashcart any more, the other methods have become a lot easier to run recently. Though other methods do involve permanent modifications to the 3DS' firmware, so that may not be desirable for everyone. But I'm pretty sure both methods invalidate the warranty anyway if that's a concern, so it's probably not a big deal either way.

As for Fates mods, if I ever play that game again I'm running the same-sex marriage patch, and the one that swaps Felicia and Jakob's join times, because I always play female Corrin so I've never been able to actually use Felicia even though I like her.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Lol. I've said it multiple times but posts get lost here so quickly.

Chris is actually my favorite. He's the Superman/Captain America archetype, and I adore everything about him. That said, Jill is the tails to his heads on the same coin, and Chris has been the star of two straight MvC games where, unlike Jill, he was actually well-represented. Jill has closer ties to Nintendo, a classic moveset to draw from to keep a Smash character's roots closer to old RE than new RE, and she hasn't been relevant in the canonical RE timeline since 2009 when she was brainwashed by Wesker.

I vote for Jill because I miss her and because she's more likely with the rumored RE3make and fourth CGI movie both starring her, while Chris would likely get his new not-Roger-Craig-Smith VA and I'd die a little inside. Plus, in terms of making RE more popular in the Smash fandom, let's be honest: The fanbase likes girls.
I'd probably pick Jill too, since I associate the series more with her and Leon. But don't be swayed by people thinking with their boners. Follow your burning will. Follow your True Man's Path. If Chris is your boy, than he's your boy.

That's why I'll shill for Mega Man X and never Zero. Because **** that banana haired *****, he ain't it. And if it ain't MMX, let it be EXE or Geo.

I'm personally a fan of more gaming groups then single scripted content.

Like the super best friends...
Just subscribe to Woolie VS. He's got that good stuff with DMCV and Wonderful 101.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You have a cool peeps list?

I mean, i'm your son so i've gotta be on it.

I don't even care. I don't care what people think of me.

But I am on the list right?

r-right?
associate with me and i'll be considered a bad influence :smirk:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

I apologize if my posts earlier today made you feel attacked. That was never my intention, and I want to believe it was no one else's either. For me, I have a bad character trait where I get caught up on someone's logic when I feel it's wrong and persist in some sort of crusade to change their thinking. I apologize for carrying on too long and being part of the reason you've felt aggravated and alienated.

I like you, I like having you around here. I hope a public apology makes for a decent first step in helping you feel better.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Favorite Game:
Favorite Game Hero:
Favorite Game Villian:
Favorite Game Console:
Favorite Game Company:
Favorite Indie Game:
Favorite Boss Battle:
Favorite Arcade Game:
Favorite Game: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Favorite Game Hero: :yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi64:
Favorite Game Villain: Either Glados or Dimentio
Favorite Indie Game: Haven't played a lot. I'll probably go with Braid
Favorite Boss Battle: Raphael the Raven
Favorite Arcade Game: Um....... Dragon's Lair?

D

Deleted member

'
Favorite Game: Haha don't make me choose
Favorite Game Hero: Luigi
Favorite Game Villain: I'd say King Dedede, if he even counts as one, lol
Favorite Game Company: Probably Nintendo
Favorite Indie Game: Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Favorite Boss Battle: How do decide this one? The Final Boss of Metal Gear Rising is pretty badass, off the top of my head.
Favorite Arcade Game: That Simpsons beat-em-up, because it's the only one I've played.
Favorite Game: Super Mario Odyssey
Favorite Game Hero: Kirby
Favorite Game Villain: Marx
Favorite Game Company:Nintendo
Favorite Indie Game: Shantae 4
Favorite Boss Battle: Marx-Smash Ultimate
Favorite Arcade Game: Pac Man

D

Deleted member

I understand. It’s just... I don’t even know anymore.
Word of advice: Don't bother seeking validation from other users. Especially when it's something like people preferring a Nintendo character on a Nintendo forum. No reason to change your opinions because they aren't popular.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I mean, I haven’t seen his content to much, but it seems to be good stuff.
His stuff is good, don't get me wrong. It's just a personal preference of mine. His videos often move extremely fast, to the point where his jokes/points sometimes get lost because of just how quickly things are cut together. I think his videos could be so much more entertaining if he gave himself some more room to "breathe" and really let things sink in. Without pauses and other elements of pacing, it can be hard for the viewer to keep up. Just my opinion though. He's a cool dude regardless; very wholesome and informative.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know damn well they aren't major. Not that they shouldn't be, but c'mon, it ain't happenin.
I was joking.

I don't really like Waluigi all that much on his own; in fact, I didn't care about him at all until I watched stuff like TRG where people play Waluigi and make jokes about it. That isn't to say I've never not liked Waluigi, it's just I was completely neutral to him compared to other characters.

What would Daisy's game even be?

D

Deleted member

Favorite Game:
Favorite Game Hero:
Favorite Game Villian:
Favorite Game Console:
Favorite Game Company:
Favorite Indie Game:
Favorite Boss Battle:
Favorite Arcade Game:

Here are mine, I guess.

Favorite Game: Smash Ultimate
Favorite Game Hero: Gavin (Yeah I’m biased)
Favorite Game Villian: King K. Rool
Favorite Game Console: Nintendo Switch
Favorite Indie Game: FNAF
Favorite Boss Battle: The Devil (Cuphead)
Favorite Arcade Game: Galaga
Favorite Game: I would've said Smash Ultimate like three months ago, but I've cooled off of it a bit and now it's back to Mario Odyssey.
Favorite Game Hero: Luigi.
Favorite Game Villian: Wario.
Favorite Game Console: Switch, but GCN is super close because of games like Metroid Prime 1 and 2, TTYD, and Luigi's Mansion.
Favorite Game Company: Nintendo.
Favorite Indie Game: Oneshot.
Favorite Boss Battle: Oh gosh, this is super hard for me. Uh...It's probably a tie between the fight against Metroid Prime and Splatoon 1 DJ Octavio. S.T.A.R Dream from Kirby: Planet Robobot is an honorable mention, though.
Favorite Arcade Game: Haven't played enough of those to really have one. Wario Ware games are high-score based, though, so I guess Wario Ware Gold? IDK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom