• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yes.

Birthright's the worst so let's just get that one out of the way first.
I disagree with you on that front. I think Revelations is the worst of the three. The maps are gimmicky and slow, the story is more basic than Birthright somehow, it's not very hard, and the added bonus of every character from the two paths means little when you just pick your ten or fifteen favorites and nobody else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

Akainu would be the Ban-happy Admin.
Aokiji is the lazy Admin who only does the bare minimum to justify keeping the job, but is also the most popular with the lower "ranks".
Kizaru would be the most outwardly chill Admin, but the one who does the most work when required.
Fujitora is the Admin who goes against the rules for the greater good.

Sengoku is Warchamp.
Okay honestly I don't know who would be who I was only basing my guesses off of how I perceive the admins.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I disagree with you on that front. I think Revelations is the worst of the three. The maps are gimmicky and slow, the story is more basic than Birthright somehow, it's not very hard, and the added bonus of every character from the two paths means little when you just pick your ten or fifteen favorites and nobody else.
and a good 3/4 that party will be the royals because they're OP as **** and invalidate every other unit of their class in the game

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
whoa whoa at least birthright is just bland

revelations is a ****show slideshow of some intern getting way too excited over shoving gimmicks into literally every level
and a good 3/4 that party will be the royals because they're OP as **** and invalidate every other unit of their class in the game
Y'know, I can't really argue against you. You're kind of right.

I suppose I enjoyed some of the cross-game supports we otherwise wouldn't have gotten more than the Birthright supports. I'd usually chose funky and bad over bland and uneventful, but... You're right. Revelation is pretty terrible.

I think we can all agree that Conquest is the best of the three and the only redeemable part of the game as a whole. Even if it's still just okay.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Y'know, I can't really argue against you. You're kind of right.

I suppose I enjoyed some of the cross-game supports we otherwise wouldn't have gotten more than the Birthright supports. I'd usually chose funky and bad over bland and uneventful, but... You're right. Revelation is pretty terrible.

I think we can all agree that Conquest is the best of the three and the only redeemable part of the game as a whole. Even if it's still just okay.
the only good thing to come out of revelations is the content they included for severa and caeldori if severa marries subaki

KMDP

Smash Legend
I swear to god if this turns into a communism vs capitalism debate I'm burning MYSELF down.
Take me with you, please.
Okay honestly I don't know who would be who I was only basing my guesses off of how I perceive the admins.
Only the admin team really knows who's who.

The real question is: "who is Rokyugyu?" the Admiral we know little to nothing about.

Also, someone would have to be Z, the retired Admin who really wishes they were still an Admin because none of the new blood are free of sin.
I can't decide between these two
The dichotomy of man.

D

Deleted member

Conquest was definitely the highlight. Sure, the story was as bad as Sonic 06, but the level design and objectives made me feel like I was playing Fire Emblem 7 again.

**** that god damn wind chapter though.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
the only good thing to come out of revelations is the content they included for severa and caeldori if severa marries subaki
That I have to disagree on. Sakura/Elise is quality, Leo/Takumi is great, Xander/Hinoka is actually really touching...

...why are there even characters besides the royals JFC.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Conquest was definitely the highlight. Sure, the story was as bad as Sonic 06, but the level design and objectives made me feel like I was playing Fire Emblem 7 again.

**** that god damn wind chapter though.
chapter 10: unhappy reunion

osby

Smash Obsessed
Forgot the most important Global Rule: Discussion will always return to Fire Emblem.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Revelation is bad because you can't have Oboro be Forrest's mother
Right??! Missed opportunity.

So many of the kids can't have supports with non-kids so what's the point. It's like you're trying to maintain two different armies at once if you actually want to get A-supports for the characters you like.

D

Deleted member

5dd7e65.jpg
my son, he is sick

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Nope, the only reason Conquest isn't my least favourite of the three is because Revelation is just such a rushed and unpolished mess. If they put literally any more time into making Revelation's gimmicks actually work, it'd probably be my favourite of the three.

Conquest for me has overall the less interesting cast (I enjoyed Birthright's cast more simply because after Awakening I was tired of anime trope types who ram their single defining trait down your throat every time they appear, even if Conquest gave us Forrest), its difficulty curve is a complete mess (being the more difficult of the two doesn't excuse this), and towards the end I was just exhausted of the game and was basically phoning it in because I wanted it to end, where I didn't have that experience with Birthright. It's also not free of dumb gimmicks like the Kitsune map, and the "varied map objectives" and stuff they tried to sell in pre-release didn't amount to anything either.

Birthright was pretty eh too, but at least it felt somewhat cohesive and like it had actual effort put into it. It feels like in terms of time and effort on the part of the developers, Birthright got the most attention, followed by Conquest, while Revelation was sort of slapped together in overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom