• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I hate that the two companies I hate the most are the ones who get almost nothing but universal critical acclaim and praise no matter what they do
Screenshot_2019-03-26-10-58-27~2.png

reallymakesyouthink.jpg

anyways if you hate nintendo so much why are you on smashboards after (presumably) playing smash ultimate, featuring many nintendo all stars, for the nintendo switch

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 201296
reallymakesyouthink.jpg

anyways if you hate nintendo so much why are you on smashboards after (presumably) playing smash ultimate, featuring many nintendo all stars, for the nintendo switch
Because Smash has its hooks in me. There’s always that one exception in a companies line of products that gets its hooks into me. For Nintendo it’s Smash and DKC. For Disney it’s DuckTales and Big Hero 6.

Though I will say that the fact that I really only ever play the third parties and third party characters are all I want to see added to Smash probably means something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

IKR I mean TWO Xenoblade games to open E3? Really? Seems kinda overkill
See, Xenoblade 2 at 2017 was great. Shocked it was the first game they revealed, however, during that time, I could see the reason why it was an opener. However, with 2018, Torna was definitely not an opener game.

It's really all about timing and ****, and if Monolith is crazy enough to show up with another Xenoblade game this year, I dunno what I'll do. If it's Xenoblade X-2, oof for me, good for y'all. However, if it's Xenoblade 3 where it's the final game and this time goes into Klaus' story before Shulk and Rex's universes where made?

OH **** TWICE.png

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
See, Xenoblade 2 at 2017 was great. Shocked it was the first game they revealed, however, during that time, I could see the reason why it was an opener. However, with 2018, Torna was definitely not an opener game.

It's really all about timing and ****, and if Monolith is crazy enough to show up with another Xenoblade game this year, I dunno what I'll do. If it's Xenoblade X-2, oof for me, good for y'all. However, if it's Xenoblade 3 where it's the final game and this time goes into Klaus' story before Shulk and Rex's universes where made?

View attachment 201298
port xenoblade x you ****ing cowards

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Why? What about those products entrances you? I’m genuinely curious because I understand so little.

I swear, it’s not only like I’m immune to “Disney Magic” it’s like it has an inverse effect on me.
I don't get Disney either but Nintendo is the most innovative major gaming company right now and has been for decades. In an era of all major consoles becoming social media machines, Nintendo still puts a lot of passion into their games.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 201296
reallymakesyouthink.jpg

You do know that while the Wii U was out people were blindly defending it and trying to get people to buy it despite the poor quality and lack of games. And now that the Switch is out those people are pretty much gone. What happened to them, I wonder.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I don't get Disney either but Nintendo is the most innovative major gaming company right now and has been for decades. In an era of all major consoles becoming social media machines, Nintendo still puts a lot of passion into their games.
And then you have the Mario Party and Sports series.

Not the same great series as they used to if I'm being honest.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Why? What about those products entrances you? I’m genuinely curious because I understand so little.

I swear, it’s not only like I’m immune to “Disney Magic” it’s like it has an inverse effect on me.
depends what you define as 'disney'

problem in 2019 is that it's very hard not to like something that isn't owned or managed in some way by them

D

Deleted member

However, if it's Xenoblade 3 where it's the final game and this time goes into Klaus' story before Shulk and Rex's universes where made?
Goddamn if you get to play as Klaus and play through the Conduit's discovery, experimentaion, and creation of the Trinity Processor as well as finally learning what the hell kinda disastrous event happened to cause the Saviorite rebels to do their **** and what Klaus meant by burning the skies above aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAH
39fcb3a.jpg

...I'll be slightly hyped

Pakky

Smash Hero
Man I want a dark skin girl in Bayo.

And I want her to be in smash for promotional purposes like every FE character ever

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You do know that while the Wii U was out people were blindly defending it and trying to get people to buy it despite the poor quality and lack of games. And now that the Switch is out those people are pretty much gone. What happened to them, I wonder.
Those 2 dozen people are probably going crazy right now

Seriously I hope you understand that what you see online in echo chambers isn't reflective of what's actually happening irl

problem in 2019 is that it's very hard not to like something that isn't owned or managed in some way by them
I was literally about to say that I'm not super into Disney until I realized that so many of my favorite franchises and movies are actually owned by Disney, especially with the Fox merger lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Those 2 dozen people are probably going crazy right now

Seriously I hope you understand that what you see online in echo chambers isn't reflective of what's actually happening irl

I was literally about to say that I'm not super into Disney until I realized that so many of my favorite franchises and movies are actually owned by Disney, especially with the Fox merger lmao
thanos's genocide is approved by the mouse

D

Deleted member

Goddamn if you get to play as Klaus and play through the Conduit's discovery, experimentaion, and creation of the Trinity Processor as well as finally learning what the hell kinda disastrous event happened to cause the Saviorite rebels to do their **** and what Klaus meant by burning the skies above aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAH
View attachment 201301
...I'll be slightly hyped
They barely touched on that back in 2010 with Xenoblade 1, then gave this much more insight and backstory with Xenoblade 2 in 2017, so I absolutely cannot see Xenoblade 3 not being about Klaus after what'll be over 10 years of backstory waiting to happen.

Even when you look deep into both game's stories, there is literally an entire game waiting to happen.

KMDP

Smash Legend

You can't really quantify things like this (because sometimes people like things but they don't know why), but I'll give it a damn good try.

Nintendo and Disney both have one thing in common, they're primary target audience is children. but they are also both technicallly all-ages companies; they give children incredible, wondrous worlds and characters, and the love for the things you liked as a child never really goes away.

I loved Thomas the Tank Engine when I was a young child, and even now, after I've long since left it behind, I still have a soft spot for it. Same with Sonic, and a little later, Pokémon, Digimon and Dragon Ball.
I don't think Nintendo being innovators is why people like them so much, though it does help.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But, Mario sucks.

The 2D platformer s are slippery messes that haven’t had a new idea in over a decade. And 3D Mario lacks any sort of real personality. And both lack an interesting narrative. I will admit Odyssey is a step in the right direction, even if it’s still a little too clean and polished a world for me. I still prefer my Crash and my Jak and my Sly and my Banjo. Heck, Donkey Kong Country is better than 2D Mario. Same goes for Kirby.

Zelda doesn’t fair much better for me. The combat always feels lacking and restrictive. And I’m not much for puzzle solving. If there were more of a story to keep me invested than that would be great, but the plot is always so baren. Zelda just doesn’t do anything to hook me.

Splatoon was alright, but I haven’t gone back and played it sense the single player mode was beaten.

I like the idea of Punch-Out, but i’ve never played it.

I’d like Metroid more if it wasn’t trying to scare me and could just be a fun action game in space, but that’s just not what it is.

I don’t like RPGs so FE and XBC are out. Even Pokémon and EarthBound. I like the world but I hate the gameplay.

Star Fox looks cool but it hasn’t had a single good game sense the N64.

Mario Kart is fun but I will always prefer “clones” that feature other casts of characters I actually like.

I don’t know, what am I missing?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Disney and Nintendo have very similar values, to make quality content that people of all ages can enjoy

I get this sense of wonder whenever I watch Aladdin or play Super Mario that make me feel like a kid again.
But, Mario sucks.

The 2D platformer s are slippery messes that haven’t had a new idea in over a decade. And 3D Mario lacks any sort of real personality. And both lack an interesting narrative. I will admit Odyssey is a step in the right direction, even if it’s still a little too clean and polished a world for me. I still prefer my Crash and my Jak and my Sly and my Banjo. Heck, Donkey Kong Country is better than 2D Mario. Same goes for Kirby.

Zelda doesn’t fair much better for me. The combat always feels lacking and restrictive. And I’m not much for puzzle solving. If there were more of a story to keep me invested than that would be great, but the plot is always so baren. Zelda just doesn’t do anything to hook me.

Splatoon was alright, but I haven’t gone back and played it sense the single player mode was beaten.

I’d like Metroid more if it wasn’t trying to scare me and could just be a fun action game in space, but that’s just not what it is.

I don’t like RPGs so FE and XBC are out. Even Pokémon and EarthBound. I like the world but I hate the gameplay.

Mario Kart is fun but I will always prefer “clones” that feature other casts of characters I actually like.

Quick question:

If you have so many gripes with Nintendo, why are you even here?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I know right! So far I’ve been very lucky with that. I like Marvel, but vastly prefer DC and wouldn’t miss Marvel ifbit was gone. I don’t like Star Wars, or the core Disney brand beyond DuckTales (and Darkwing Duck). And thankfully Fox doesn’t have anything I particularly enjoy either. But unles the other 4 movie studios do something fast Disney is gonna own everything (which means entertainment is going to suck)

You can't really quantify things like this (because sometimes people like things but they don't know why), but I'll give it a damn good try.

Nintendo and Disney both have one thing in common, they're primary target audience is children. but they are also both technicallly all-ages companies; they give children incredible, wondrous worlds and characters, and the love for the things you liked as a child never really goes away.

I loved Thomas the Tank Engine when I was a young child, and even now, after I've long since left it behind, I still have a soft spot for it. Same with Sonic, and a little later, Pokémon, Digimon and Dragon Ball.

I don't think Nintendo being innovators is why people like them so much, though it does help.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
But, Mario sucks.

Well, you yourself said just now that in several cases here, you hate the gameplay. If that's the case, of course you don't like the game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Disney and Nintendo have very similar values, to make quality content that people of all ages can enjoy

I get this sense of wonder whenever I watch Aladdin or play Super Mario that make me feel like a kid again.

Quick question:

If you have so many gripes with Nintendo, why are you even here?
Smash and a hint of DKC really. Those are the two. (I get a kind of enjoyment out of beating the tar out of Mario and Link as Sonic and Snake) And like Mario Kart, I will always prefer duplicates with other casts of characters. Plus DKC doesn’t FEEL like a Nintendo game, it feels like a Rare game (a company I ADORE)

But I’m here because I like Smash and their is no PS-Boards.

D

Deleted member

I like Nintendo because I find a lot of their games are fun although the company itself does some very questionable things.
**** Disney though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom