• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I’m sorry but as someone who likes PS all-stars I’m ****ing sick of this “joke”. The thing that really gets me is that it implies that Nintendo is the only person who can and therefor should be doing certain things. People were ASKING for a PS Classic, direct presentations are way better than live performances for both the audience and the presenters. But because Nintendo did all of those first, they have a monopoly on the concept for an eternity. And as someone who doesn’t adore that’s company and constantly phallate it, it gets really frustrating. I don’t care if Sony has “failed” every time they’ve done this stuff. We shouldn’t discourage them from trying again by joking and memeing about it.
The thing is, Sony doesn't seem to be trying their best in the first place:
  • PlayStation All-Stars was given a minuscule budget, when a Smash-like crossover game should be given a hefty one. As such, a lot of notable characters were absent
  • The PlayStation Classic seems to have been a rush job, and is missing a lot of games that made the PS1 iconic
  • PlayStation Move was literally just Wii, except unlike Wii, it had no compelling games
  • The State of Play, unlike Nintendo Directs, had no notable announcements. And the fact that Sony isn't even going to E3 this year makes this even more bizarre
Whenever Sony tries to copy Nintendo, they seem to do a poor rush job.
I know they can do better, but they just aren't trying

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
PSASBR is a particularly frustrating case because while it was good, it was so so close to being great, and ironically that was because they actually made a conscious effort not to copy nintendo in its gameplay when really, smash's %-based system would have served it just fine

also that roster was, er
really guys?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I dunno about VR as it exists now, but if it's the first step on the road towards fully-realized digital worlds in a Matrix-style dystopia utopia where everyone can live in blissful ignorance harmony with their waifus/husbandos, then sign me the **** up :088:

D

Deleted member

You know what the sad part about all the Sony stuff is? Knowing them, they'll most likely continue not to show up at E3 and instead go for more of these State of Play Directs. In which case, I hope to God that won't be the case.

Like I've said before, Nintendo has been doing Directs for six goddamn years, so you'd think Sony would take notes on how to pace and order announcements and what to include.

D

Deleted member

The roster of Sony Battle Royale wasn't even the issue(Raiden alone is enough to sell me on it) but the fact literally only supers matter, making movesets completely pointless and turning gameplay into a repetitive and boring cycle.
Just make it be a stamina-based platform fighter or just copy Smash's % system and I'll buy a sequel in an instant.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You know what the sad part about all the Sony stuff is? Knowing them, they'll most likely continue not to show up at E3 and instead go for more of these State of Play Directs. In which case, I hope to God that won't be the case.

Like I've said before, Nintendo has been doing Directs for six goddamn years, so you'd think Sony would take notes on how to pace and order announcements and what to include.
they didn't really have anything for the last E3 to show off, so they hopefully will pull something together here.

Competing with Nintendo is gonna be a ***** and a half though. They kind of have E3 on lockdown this year

D

Deleted member

The roster of Sony Battle Royale wasn't even the issue(Raiden alone is enough to sell me on it) but the fact literally only supers matter, making movesets completely pointless and turning gameplay into a repetitive and boring cycle.
Just make it be a stamina-based platform fighter or just copy Smash's % system and I'll buy a sequel in an instant.
Literally just Smash's stamina mode but actually balanced around stamina
Add Supers
Have a better roster
Give it a decent budget
Don't make it ****

Congrats Sony you're all set

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Welp article thirteen passed, rest in pieces Youtube, guess I'll have to change my primary source of video entertainment from Youtube to Hentai Haven. Oh wait.
5D4D0E71-68E7-403D-B660-1C6C2B29DE23.png

I set my status to invisible cause im always watching
Kawakami...the only woman I wish was real from P5 because most people would love to **** their teacher with no legal problems occurring at all...followed by Sae and Makoto and Futaba...and Yusuke cause **** y’all
5E6EF26F-0553-4C9A-81B6-39F9F3E0DC87.gif

You want countering wholesomeness? Here's some wholeso-

Whoops, I seem to have mixed up my wholesomeness supply with my cursed imagery supply. Happy nightmares!
5E6EF26F-0553-4C9A-81B6-39F9F3E0DC87.gif

spoiler alert: they didn't do very well

View attachment 201287

View attachment 201288
Sony always failing at copying Nintendo...they dumb***es for that honestly
Nintendo Directs set a high standard to follow...

The State of Play was just super underwhelming on so many levels

Mostly just VR games, and stuff we already knew about
Sony Directs are literal depression compared to the Life Curing Nintendo Didect
Can we get a dislike button (I say full well knowing that some of my posts will be the most disliked ones on the sight).
Imma have to dislike what you post solely because of this comment of yours...you’ve brought this on yourself

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Can we get a dislike button (I say full well knowing that some of my posts will be the most disliked ones on the sight).
Introducing The dislike. button
Pros:
  • Makes everyone hate everyone
  • Helps asshole put down users
  • helps attention whores bury an important messages from people who need help at the same time as them

wait those arent pros

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I don't hate sony, and I think they run their business way better than Nintendo, but they have had almost no innovations or anything even experimental or risky compared to their contemporaries, so all these times that they do weird copying of other companies kind of stands out.

D

Deleted member

Because sometimes you just don’t like something. You don’t have an idea of what it should be done in opposite, and just posting “I disagree with you” and nothing else would be dumb.
if you don't like a post, just don't like the post

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"God"?

Come on now, you're making it look like people who defend the things they like are blind worshippers.
It can feel like it sometimes. It’s the same thing with Disney for me. I just don’t get the appeal for all the things that people gush over that they release. It’s almost like the doctor forgot to implant the Disney/Nintendo mind control chip in my head when I was born because I just don’t understand why The Plumber and The Mouse are so popular.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I don't hate sony, and I think they run their business way better than Nintendo, but they have had almost no innovations or anything even experimental or risky compared to their contemporaries, so all these times that they do weird copying of other companies kind of stands out.
sony is the vanilla ice cream of video game companies

D

Deleted member

You post something

I post, I don’t like that.

Where does the conversation go from there?
If you have nothing else to add besides "I don't like that" then you don't need to make that known

If you genuinely want to start something constructive then you can say something like "I don't like that, I feel like it would be better if it did so and so. What do you think?"

or you can just meme lmao

D

Deleted member

they didn't really have anything for the last E3 to show off, so they hopefully will pull something together here.

Competing with Nintendo is gonna be a ***** and a half though. They kind of have E3 on lockdown this year
Gonna keep it real, Sony never really had much of anything for like the past three or so years at E3 (including last year), except for stuff like RE2: Re, Monster Hunter World or what have you. E3 2015 was the real last good E3 from Sony, tbh.

And lately with Microsoft and Nintendo getting all chummy, there doesn't really feel like there's much "competition". I DO hope, however, that Microsoft keeps up the format of last years', that **** made that conference the best one out of E3 2018. And as for Nintendo, if I see another ****ty cold open and 20 minutes dedicated to one game, I'm going to **** a goddamn mansion.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It can feel like it sometimes. It’s the same thing with Disney for me. I just don’t get the appeal for all the things that people gush over that they release. It’s almost like the doctor forgot to implant the Disney/Nintendo mind control chip in my head when I was born because I just don’t understand why The Plumber and The Mouse are so popular.
You don't have to like any sort of media but if you're going to call people out just for enjoying something different than you, you should't be suprised when they dislike your opinions.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Because sometimes you just don’t like something. You don’t have an idea of what it should be done in opposite, and just posting “I disagree with you” and nothing else would be dumb.
I assure you, It will get implamented and once someone starts proving someone wrong and correcting them on facts in an argument, said post correcting them will be downvoter because they wanna win the argument. It will be then replacemnt to calling people names like nazis to win an argument

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gonna keep it real, Sony never really had much of anything for like the past three or so years at E3 (including last year), except for stuff like RE2: Re, Monster Hunter World or what have you. E3 2015 was the real last good E3 from Sony, tbh.

And lately with Microsoft and Nintendo getting all chummy, there doesn't really feel like there's much "competition". I DO hope, however, that Microsoft keeps up the format of last years', that **** made that conference the best one out of E3 2018. And as for Nintendo, if I see another ****ty cold open and 20 minutes dedicated to one game, I'm going to **** a goddamn mansion.
Hey, Nintendo won all of E3 for all eternity with last year's E3 Direct

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Ok, who’s idea was the title of this thread? I mean, I didn’t watch State of Play, so I don’t know how well they did, but Nintendo certainly shouldn’t have a monopoly on the direct format. It’s way easier and more enjoyable than cringeworthy live conferences and ungrouped individual announcements.
But than we won’t hav the funny EA and Ubisoft conference memes!! Than we wouldn’t have the funny man crashing through the TV!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom