• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok, who’s idea was the title of this thread? I mean, I didn’t watch State of Play, so I don’t know how well they did, but Nintendo certainly shouldn’t have a monopoly on the direct format. It’s way easier and more enjoyable than cringeworthy live conferences and ungrouped individual announcements.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
You want countering wholesomeness? Here's some wholeso-

Whoops, I seem to have mixed up my wholesomeness supply with my cursed imagery supply. Happy nightmares!

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I still don't know what the **** Article 13 does. Like the wording of it is so vague so I don't know what will actually happen to people. I know it's supposed to "protect artists" or whatever but it seems more likely that the IFPI is funding the politicians voting in favor of the bill so they can get tech giants to pay license fees and most likely will still not even give fair compensation to the artists this bill was supposed to protect the royalties of but HEY what do I know

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

oh god oh **** thomas the hell engine is smothering edea in her sleep

she's ****ing dead
"you can't just kill edea"
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg
I͗̏̿̊ͣ͒ͪ̆͑ͥͮ̎̾͊͗҉̨̺̭͕̺̗̩̝ ̵̛̞̤̼̫̝̫̗͇̯̘̻͈̺̠̝͈͖͔͍ͣ̓͐̎̉ͧ͂̎́́̐ͩ̽̄̉͘T̸̻̱̦̗͉̗̜͕̱̼̲͓͓̼͔̲͓̩̯͑ͭͨ̑̉ͫ̎̽̈̑ͨ̽͗͊͘̕͠͞Ḧ̷̠͈͓̙̼̟̠̺̪̼̦̱̺̖̻̗̟̩́͂͆͛͑̇̋̀͟ͅI̝̞͖̱̞͖̦̙̖̞͇͓͙̭̜̩͚ͭͮ̊ͬ̉̾̆͐ͫ̍̇̚͜͞N̶̼͖̗̮͍̻̝̼̭͇͍͎͚̿̂̄ͬ̈́̊̑̄̊̌͊͑ͨͤ̈͘͟͡K̏̆̿͋͋͏̴̸̧͈̼̲ ̧͊̆̐ͤ͌̂̑͛̿̿͠҉̵̘̟̲͕̣͇̣I̡̺͓̞̼̬̳̩͓̘͚̹͎̮̜̙̪ͥ̓͌ͤ̐̄̈́͊̿͛͐̉̂ͮ̈́̎̀̚ ̵̲̥̯̗̙̣̦̠̩̹͓̩̹͙ͦ̈́̀̀̆̈ͤ̄́ͤ̌ͣ̕̕͘C̶̨̠̩͖̭̥̟͔̺͉̠̫̾ͣ̄̋̈́̓͐ͨ̆̅A͌ͨ͑̂̉͊͗̓̏ͬ̕͢͏̺̦̟̯̤̪̞͔̬͉̱̜͚̗N̴̖͔͎͕̟͉̣̰̰͓̹̓ͧ̈ͦͧͭ̔ͣ̿̾ͬͦ͘̕͟

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still don't know what the **** Article 13 does. Like the wording of it is so vague so I don't know what will actually happen to people. I know it's supposed to "protect artists" or whatever but it seems more likely that the IFPI is funding the politicians voting in favor of the bill so they can get tech giants to pay license fees and most likely will still not even give fair compensation to the artists this bill was supposed to protect the royalties of but HEY what do I know
You probably won’t watch it, but MatPat’s video on the topic is very informative

D

Deleted member

Ok, who’s idea was the title of this thread? I mean, I didn’t watch State of Play, so I don’t know how well they did, but Nintendo certainly shouldn’t have a monopoly on the direct format. It’s way easier and more enjoyable than cringeworthy live conferences and ungrouped individual announcements.
the thing is is that the state of play sucked

dunking on it is acceptable at this point

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Nintendo Directs set a high standard to follow...

The State of Play was just super underwhelming on so many levels

Mostly just VR games, and stuff we already knew about

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
its a joke on how sony copies everything nintendo does and fails

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You probably won’t watch it, but MatPat’s video on the topic is very informative
No I mean I know what is contained in the bill but a lot of it is basically fluff and all the important parts are intentionally vague so that the gov't can pretty much use this to fight against any internet content they dislike. I know it isn't a "meme ban" per se but it is definitely exploitative to a very egregious extent

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Wow. What happened? I mean, they had new trailers for MK11 and CTR, plus they announced FNaF VR. (My gaming news circle intersected with those particular announcements). What went wrong?
if you own PS VR, it was probably ok

for the other 87 million PS4 owners who don't, it was like owning a switch and watching nintendo announce new 3DS games for 20 minutes

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also not helping matters is that it felt pretty obvious that sony is just killing time until they can show off the PS5 and whatever exclusives they have cooking for that thing's launch lineup

(bloodborne 2 please)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
its a joke on how sony copies everything nintendo does and fails
I’m sorry but as someone who likes PS all-stars I’m ****ing sick of this “joke”. The thing that really gets me is that it implies that Nintendo is the only person who can and therefor should be doing certain things. People were ASKING for a PS Classic, direct presentations are way better than live performances for both the audience and the presenters. But because Nintendo did all of those first, they have a monopoly on the concept for an eternity. And as someone who doesn’t adore that’s company and constantly phallate it, it gets really frustrating. I don’t care if Sony has “failed” every time they’ve done this stuff. We shouldn’t discourage them from trying again by joking and memeing about it.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I’m sorry but as someone who likes PS all-stars I’m ****ing sick of this “joke”. The thing that really gets me is that it implies that Nintendo is the only person who can and therefor should be doing certain things. People were ASKING for a PS Classic, direct presentations are way better than live performances for both the audience and the presenters. But because Nintendo did all of those first, they have a monopoly on the concept for an eternity. And as someone who doesn’t adore that’s company and constantly phallate it, it gets really frustrating. I don’t care if Sony has “failed” every time they’ve done this stuff. We shouldn’t discourage them from trying again by joking and memeing about it.
they literally copied the wii remote

D

Deleted member

Damn, first Brexit now Article 13. The EU really can't get anything done, now can it?

Better archive everything while ya still can.

...um, I....png

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
by joking and memeing about it.
tbh i think a good half of the joking and memeing is roasting them in the hopes that they'll see how badly this one went down and do better next time

console war nonsense aside i want to see sony do well, because sony doing well means more games like bloodborne and persona 5

D

Deleted member

Ok. But.... how is that bad? Did they announce bad things? We’re they announced in a poor manor? What about it was actually bad?
they should've branded it as a vr direct instead of a general direct if they were only planning on announcing new vr ****

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
tbh i think a good half of the joking and memeing is roasting them in the hopes that they'll see how badly this one went down and do better next time

console war nonsense aside i want to see sony do well, because sony doing well means more games like bloodborne and persona 5
That’s what I want too. But a lot of people just want them to not do anything remotely close to what Nintendo does, and you can’t tell which memes come from which people.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
they should've branded it as a vr direct instead of a general direct if they were only planning on announcing new vr ****
basically this

PSVR is cool and all but when it makes up less than 10% of the PS4's install base yet you're marketing this upcoming state of play on literally every channel every 24 hours until broadcast people start to expect more

plus most of the VR games they showed off, with the odd exception of no man's sky and FNAF, looked like ass

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
basically this

PSVR is cool and all but when it makes up less than 10% of the PS4's install base yet you're marketing this upcoming state of play on literally every channel every 24 hours until broadcast people start to expect more

plus most of the VR games they showed off, with the odd exception of no man's sky and FNAF, looked like ***
I mean, I didn’t watch it but I would play an Iron Man VR game, i’d love to feel like i’m flying and the controller rig is perfect for a game like that.

Hopefully they do this again later and score a bit better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

basically this

plus most of the VR games they showed off, with the odd exception of no man's sky and FNAF, looked like ***
hey hey the iron man game LOOKED cool

probably does nothing else but it LOOKS cool at least

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
That’s what I want too. But a lot of people just want them to not do anything remotely close to what Nintendo does, and you can’t tell which memes come from which people.
making "wii remote but bad" and "smash brothers but bad" and of course, "touch screen controller but bad" are all things that would have been fine if they were done well, but they weren't. So they are rightfully getting criticism for being low effort knock offs

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
basically this

I will say for a brief moment I was hyped as **** for that Iron Man game...

An then I realized it was a VR game and the hype died down.

It still looks pretty good, but looks are only half of a game.

KMDP

Smash Legend
oh god oh **** why is the edea plushie of good luck and thread cleansing taking a ****ing nap right now
If Edea Plush is asleep, then you can take this image I found in one of my old folders.
yoko_plush.jpg

I have no idea why I saved a picture of a Yoko Littner plushie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom