• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Ben 10 was my childhood. I followed the franchise all the way through Omniverse. Not only did I watch the cartoons, but most of my time online was writing my own Ben 10 spinoffs, and having fun with other fans who did the same thing.

My favorite part of the franchise would have to be the Aggregor/Ultimate Kevin arc in Ultimate Alien.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gonna be watching King Kong Lives (1986) in 15 minutes.

Next week is the end of my King Kong marathon until next year finishing it up with Peter Jackson's King Kong and Kong: Skull Island.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alien X's power is "Whatever the hell I damn well want to happen right now, will happen" and then ****ing reality bends backwards and says "Ravage me". It is the biggest example of a "I win" button. There's no suspense when there's no restriction on the "I win" button, because from that point on, everyone will know that the "I win" button will make everything meaningless

Huh. I heard the Vilgax stuff was handled very well

Never because Roshi's a joke that's gotten stale years ago
Except he never presses the "I win button". Partly because that would be no fun FOR HIM, and partly because it's really reckless and stupid to use that kind of power willy nilly when you're Six-****ing-Teen! I just don't understand the mindset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mmm, why do I feel bored coming back?
Wherever you hate me or love me, I like all of you.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It’s actually what was stated in the Dragon Ball Super: Broly light novel:

It’s more accurate to say that they were destroying the dimensional barriers than the actual dimensions themselves.
Goku for Lego Dimensions

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Where are either of these stated?

Because either one significantly nerfs the multiplying power of fusion.
before the first beerus fight, goku states that super vegito wouldn't even be able to stand up to beerus. Implying that going SSG is a greater power boost than potara fusion

Also Kefla is stated to be stronger than Merged Zamasu (i know it's stupid) and Blue goku is leagues above them

Want to hear something even more stupid? MUI Goku may be stronger than blue gogeta

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ben 10 was my childhood. I followed the franchise all the way through Omniverse. Not only did I watch the cartoons, but most of my time online was writing my own Ben 10 spinoffs, and having fun with other fans who did the same thing.

My favorite part of the franchise would have to be the Aggregor/Ultimate Kevin arc in Ultimate Alien.
The reason I'm studying film is because I wrote Ben 10 fanfic. It got me into the creative process.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Weren't all of Corrin's supports in general awful, though? I can't really think of many good ones.

Also, yeah, Rhajat stinks compared to Tharja. Tharja actually had really cool supports, especially with that one guy who's name I can't remember where they talked about family.
Lol Kellum?

The children in Fates as a sheer concept was weird and nonsensical. It was hard for me to genuinely like any of them. Individually, they weren't bad, but their relationships with their parents were forced and unbelievable. (Forrest and Caeldori are the only exceptions to this.)

But honestly I don't think I've ever cared for Corrin's supports. Every other character in the game had something more interesting to say. I actually had to pull up my original Conquest save file just to remember who her S-support was.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It’s actually what was stated in the Dragon Ball Super: Broly light novel:

It’s more accurate to say that they were destroying the dimensional barriers than the actual dimensions themselves.
Goku and Broly temporarily created a pocket dimension.

D

Deleted member

Mmm, I am going to try to take a break.

I am too attached to you people. I will still like you.

Enjoy life! And stay hydrated!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
When your favorite Fates character is also the least popular playable Fates character.
Yukimura.png

D

Deleted member

One thing before I go...
Pyra Pyra
I hope your girlfriend says yes and the engagement goes well!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Except he never presses the "I win button". Partly because that would be no fun FOR HIM, and partly because it's really reckless and stupid to use that kind of power willy nilly when you're Six-****ing-Teen! I just don't understand the mindset.
What I mean is "Oh no the bad guy just ****ing murdered my friends, my family, destroyed my planet, is larger than 6 galaxies and made a callout post of my on twitter dot com I am in so much trou-MOTION CARRIED"
before the first beerus fight, goku states that super vegito wouldn't even be able to stand up to beerus. Implying that going SSG is a greater power boost than potara fusion

Also Kefla is stated to be stronger than Merged Zamasu (i know it's stupid) and Blue goku is leagues above them

Want to hear something even more stupid? MUI Goku may be stronger than blue gogeta
I mean I get that last bit because Goku hasn't mastered Mastered UI. It looked like he was trying to force it out in Broly but was unable to

MainJPW

M.T.A

Blue goku isn’t stronger than Kefla, he needed UI Omen to beat her.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I mean I can see the last thing considering what Ultra Instinct is.

I think Blue Gogeta Ultra Instinct would end up just accidentally erasing people just by looking at them or something lol

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Blue goku isn’t stronger than Kefla, he needed UI Omen to beat her.
Blue Goku is stronger than base Kefla, which if memory serves me correct, was stated to be "their strongest opponent so far" or whatever

Also Goku continually got stronger throughout that tournament so it's really hard to quantify how he stacks up to her by the end

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol Kellum?

The children in Fates as a sheer concept was weird and nonsensical. It was hard for me to genuinely like any of them. Individually, they weren't bad, but their relationships with their parents were forced and unbelievable. (Forrest and Caeldori are the only exceptions to this.)

But honestly I don't think I've ever cared for Corrin's supports. Every other character in the game had something more interesting to say. I actually had to pull up my original Conquest save file just to remember who her S-support was.
The only kids that stood out to me were Selkie, Velouria, and Dwyer. Mostly for their interaction with other characters. Their interaction with their parents was...Yeah, no thanks.

All I could think while playing Fates as Corrin was "Man, I miss Robin". Robin actually had some pretty great supports. The Robin and Lissa supports are still some of my favorite ones in the series.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Also, yeah, Rhajat stinks compared to Tharja. Tharja actually had really cool supports, especially with that one guy who's name I can't remember where they talked about family.
Imagine not having to be compared to a character you are a replica of and being great all on your own
niles.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ Fates
It sucks except for Forrest, he's perfect.

@ power levels
****ing hate power scaling, stronger doesn't mean higher stakes, **** dbz, **** madara, and **** the Chimera Ants they were the dumbest **** to have ever happened to HxH

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What I mean is "Oh no the bad guy just ****ing murdered my friends, my family, destroyed my planet, is larger than 6 galaxies and made a callout post of my on twitter dot com I am in so much trou-MOTION CARRIED"

I mean I get that last bit because Goku hasn't mastered Mastered UI. It looked like he was trying to force it out in Broly but was unable to
Oh no, my mind wandered while I was using these powers because I'm 16 (or just because I'm a human with emotions) and i accidentally turned an entire planet into creamed corn and killed all of it's inhabitants. You have a very narrow view of storytelling.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of.

I still love how bland and uninspired Corrin's victory quotes are in Smash. Like, I know they wanted to keep spoilers to a minimun, but..

When Fe!Corrin just says:

"GOOD" when she wins, all I can think of is:

And can't stop laughing.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of.

I still love how bland and uninspired Corrin's victory quotes are in Smash. Like, I know they wanted to keep spoilers to a minimun, but..

When Fe!Corrin just says:

"GOOD" when she wins, all I can think of is:

snip

And can't stop laughing.
TBH I feel it reflects Corrin's personality pretty well.

In that they don't have any.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay but like when will we get Roshi for Fighterz? Please?
Imagine how dope the Mafuba would be.
Instead of having a Super Dash, Roshi instead uses the Mafuba, which allows you to throw the enemy around for some HP.

If you previously used a set-up Special, you can bring the enemy down into a Mafuba Jar, instantly removing them from the fight (at the cost of losing most of Roshi's HP).
Goku hasn't mastered Mastered UI
*math gif*

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

The problem with canon debates, in my mind, is the difference between someone saying something and someone doing something.

So for instance, the Potara earrings. The Elder Kai specifically states that if you use them to fuse, the fusion is forever. But in Super, that's easily retconned by a different supreme kai saying, "Nah, it's only an hour yo". Then in GT (I know it's not canon, but I'm talking about specifically GT canon), Goku tells Pan that General Rilldo is "even stronger than Majin Buu". If we take that statement at face value, it means all of these things are also true within the Z-to-GT canon:
  • Pan is at least able to fight on par with Buu as she kicks Rilldo across the face and sends him flying backward, all at base level.
  • Goku, as a child unable to use his adult techniques, is now stronger than Super Buu as a regular super saiyan; do the math on how strong he is by SS4, then.
  • Gohan as a regular super saiyan and not his mystic form is also now stronger than Super Buu, as he killed Rilldo in one shot. This is despite not training for over a decade.
  • Uub is actually multiple times stronger than Super Buu ever was, and after fusing with Majin Buu, Baby Vegeta is still stronger, meaning Vegeta himself is stronger than Super Vegito by multiple times. Before ever attaining SS4 or SS3.
  • This means that Omega Shenron, who can take on two SS4s at once and win handily, is probably stronger than Beerus.
This is all assuming that what Goku said was 100% true and not at all a bad guess.

Applying this to what's said in Super, if we write off the observations of Kefla and Vegito's perceived strength as just bad guesses (or bad writing), the power scaling all makes way more sense. So I choose to do that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh no, my mind wandered while I was using these powers because I'm 16 (or just because I'm a human with emotions) and i accidentally turned an entire planet into creamed corn and killed all of it's inhabitants. You have a very narrow view of storytelling.
I think you're misunderstanding what I mean, I don't mean "Ben can just start the fight and hit the win button" but rather "At this point on there can be nothing that can make me excited because I expect Ben to get his ass handed to him incredibly badly and force him to use Alien X at the end of the arc and save the day". What was that asshole's name from Ultimate Alien, Aggregor or something? The only thing that was able to stop him was Kevin performing something INCREDIBLY risky that ended up causing a lot of mental damage to him, turning him into the new villain for the rest of the story arc. If they did this after removing the one thing that limits Ben to warp reality, they'd have ended it with Ben being forced to use Alien X and then Hakai the ******* and restore everything else back to normal or something

D

Deleted member

The problem with canon debates, in my mind, is the difference between someone saying something and someone doing something.

So for instance, the Potara earrings. The Elder Kai specifically states that if you use them to fuse, the fusion is forever. But in Super, that's easily retconned by a different supreme kai saying, "Nah, it's only an hour yo". Then in GT (I know it's not canon, but I'm talking about specifically GT canon), Goku tells Pan that General Rilldo is "even stronger than Majin Buu". If we take that statement at face value, it means all of these things are also true within the Z-to-GT canon:
  • Pan is at least able to fight on par with Buu as she kicks Rilldo across the face and sends him flying backward, all at base level.
  • Goku, as a child unable to use his adult techniques, is now stronger than Super Buu as a regular super saiyan; do the math on how strong he is by SS4, then.
  • Gohan as a regular super saiyan and not his mystic form is also now stronger than Super Buu, as he killed Rilldo in one shot. This is despite not training for over a decade.
  • Uub is actually multiple times stronger than Super Buu ever was, and after fusing with Majin Buu, Baby Vegeta is still stronger, meaning Vegeta himself is stronger than Super Vegito by multiple times. Before ever attaining SS4 or SS3.
  • This means that Omega Shenron, who can take on two SS4s at once and win handily, is probably stronger than Beerus.
This is all assuming that what Goku said was 100% true and not at all a bad guess.

Applying this to what's said in Super, if we write off the observations of Kefla and Vegito's perceived strength as just bad guesses (or bad writing), the power scaling all makes way more sense. So I choose to do that.
That was one of the weirder parts of GT for me, we head out into space and now suddenly there are a bunch of random aliens that are supposed to be stronger than an embodiment of destruction?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think you're misunderstanding what I mean, I don't mean "Ben can just start the fight and hit the win button" but rather "At this point on there can be nothing that can make me excited because I expect Ben to get his *** handed to him incredibly badly and force him to use Alien X at the end of the arc and save the day". What was that *******'s name from Ultimate Alien, Aggregor or something? The only thing that was able to stop him was Kevin performing something INCREDIBLY risky that ended up causing a lot of mental damage to him, turning him into the new villain for the rest of the story arc. If they did this after removing the one thing that limits Ben to warp reality, they'd have ended it with Ben being forced to use Alien X and then Hakai the ******* and restore everything else back to normal or something
I mean, the only thing I can say is that nothing like that has ever actually happened in the show. Because the writers want to tell more interesting stories than that I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom