• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh it does, SS3 Gotenks only lasts like 5 minutes
People often forget that Super Saiyan Blue is meant to be a stable transformation (which makes Vegito defusing against Zamasu really weird, to be honest).

In fact, Super Saiyan Blue is probably the most stable Saiyan transformation, considering it's the only one Goku can use Kaioken in.

Super Saiyan 3 is an inherently unstable transformation, it's basically an extreme version of the 2nd/3rd Grade power-ups.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Literally the writing and power scaling in super is beyond awful. Android 17 shouldn't even be NEAR Super Saiyan Blue. They didn't even try to explain it other than "yeah he's been training a lot ig lol"
The thing about the androids in the ToP is that we commonly forget they're still planet-destroyers. Yeah, by saiyan/majin/GoD standards they're puny, but 17 & 18 are still like in the top 15 strongest beings in all of Universe 7, meaning they're likely in the top 1% of all universes total. They're significantly stronger than Frieza was when the entire galaxy minus Beerus feared him.

So why did 17 have to get an offscreen powerup to make him capable of fighting gods? And if it was so necessary, why not use his status as a ****ing cyborg to make it logical?

Bulma: "Hey, 17, I could upgrade your parts to better fight in the tournament. Your tech is like two decades old by this point and tech ages way faster than anything."
17: "Sure."
Bulma: "Okay! How about you 18?"
18: *pauses for a moment to look Krillin's way* "Nah, let 17 have the powerup. I'm good."

Bam. Explained onscreen, character moment showing the difference between the siblings and the course of their lives.

Let me ****ing write Dragonball.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Toriyama couldn't remember Launch
Toriyama couldn't remember Launch, but when he DID remember her, he's been quoted as saying he didn't want to bring her back because he was afraid people would confuse her blonde personality for a Super Saiyan.

Which is dumb.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
The thing about the androids in the ToP is that we commonly forget they're still planet-destroyers. Yeah, by saiyan/majin/GoD standards they're puny, but 17 & 18 are still like in the top 15 strongest beings in all of Universe 7, meaning they're likely in the top 1% of all universes total. They're significantly stronger than Frieza was when the entire galaxy minus Beerus feared him.

So why did 17 have to get an offscreen powerup to make him capable of fighting gods? And if it was so necessary, why not use his status as a ****ing cyborg to make it logical?

Bulma: "Hey, 17, I could upgrade your parts to better fight in the tournament. Your tech is like two decades old by this point and tech ages way faster than anything."
18: *pauses for a moment to look Krillin's way* "Nah, let 17 have the powerup. I'm good."

Bam. Explained onscreen, character moment showing the difference between the siblings and the course of their lives.

So many things could've been explained with one extra scene in super. I don't know how writers can be THAT incompetent.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That just
Yeah, most of the game's soundtrack is slower paced compared to the P4 Soundtrack, but it does have everything in the acid Jazz style so at least it's consistent.

Anyway, either it will be slightly remixed or they'll use snippets of LWC or LS.

D

Deleted member

Fates is just Controversial in general not that it's undeserving of it though, it messed up a lot of things but at the same time it's sort of a guilty pleasure of mine not the game itself as I never played it but I think SOME of the Characters are okay. Just okay.

It at least gave us Corrin who's one of the most unique if not the most unique Fire Emblem character in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Sometimes I think "man, I don't give Horikoshi enough credit for actually using his female characters compared to literally every other shonen out there" but then the Rat ***** shows up and I'm just "no, I give him just the right amount of credit"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Make Videl be a character again. Hell, use the Super Saiyan God ritual as an excuse to say "Videl absorbed Saiyan cells when Pan was in the womb during that so she can go Super Saiyan now" or something

KMDP

Smash Legend
Toriyama couldn't remember Launch, but when he DID remember her, he's been quoted as saying he didn't want to bring her back because he was afraid people would confuse her blonde personality for a Super Saiyan.

Which is dumb.
There's also the fact that Launch was kind of just... there.

She barely did anything, which is why Toriyama forgot her in the first place.

Most of the interesting stuff Launch did was anime only.

MainJPW

M.T.A

If you write Dragon Ball could you pretty please make the OG crew useful?

Saiyan handjobs and power creep ruined everything.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I refuse to believe anyone can take a round of feral ****ing with Broly and not get ripped in half
Surprised they didn't make ONE joke about saiyans ****ing in the series considering how perverted dragonball can be

like these dudes are beyond faster than light how do they hold back enough to not murder

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So many things could've been explained with one extra scene in super. I don't know how writers can be THAT incompetent.
It's similar to why the Star Wars prequels were so bad. Editors weren't doing their job as strictly because they were working with a legend.

Toriyama has had fun with Super and it shows with how much of his gag humor came back.

D

Deleted member

Poor Piccolo though, The dude was super cool and now he's nothing except a Jobber. He was one of the coolest characters in the show too! his attacks are cool, his personality is cool, his design is cool and he was one of the better Characters in my opinion.

Shame he's irrelevant now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Surprised they didn't make ONE joke about saiyans ****ing in the series considering how perverted dragonball can be

like these dudes are beyond faster than light how do they hold back enough to not murder
There's even a joke that Goku grabs an alien by the **** in the Universe 6 arc. I wonder what the limit is for shonen stuff cause unless Jojo became seinin in part 6 then that means a shonen manga started with a girl getting caught touching herself

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

They tried in the ToP. And Revival of F.

I'd love to see a bigger concept of Revival of F where Vegeta and Goku are just gone and the rest of Earth's fighters have to take over for half an arc, rather than half a movie.

KMDP

Smash Legend

I was brainstorming a DB Fanfic a few months ago which reigned the Saiyans in and made the rest of the characters (except Chiaotzu) competitive.

Lots of doling out of Kaiokens and giving Krillin a unique "Potential Unleashed" transformation.

D

Deleted member

I think the real question is if they can even satisfy their partners at that speed

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Tbh, a lot of the victory themes in Smash are pretty laid back.
Animal Crossings is the key definition of laid back
As someone who literally just listened to all the victory jingles back to back, you good sir are W R O N G.
idk man, Persona 5s victory theme works for the game. My 2nd fav is Persona 4s theme

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
As someone who literally just listened to all the victory jingles back to back, you good sir are W R O N G.
-Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong
-Yoshi
-Kirby/King Dedede
-Olimar
-Villager/Isabelle

Maybe not MOST of them, but there are laid back victory themes in Smash.

Plus we have stuff like “Environmental Noises” as actual battle music.

I think that piece is fine as is.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

It could totally work though! They both have dead, robotic eyes, they're both constantly barefoot, they both have asymmetrical coloring... just put Azel's black and white coloring onto Azura, mix their hair styles together, put on some potara earrings and BAM, Azela.

And only I will ever know what it is.

I might actually be convincing myself to find an artist now.
XD I wish I could give it a shot on paper but...I am not really good drawing this kind of style. That is why I would take the option with Midna.

D

Deleted member

-Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong
-Yoshi
-Kirby/King Dedede
-Olimar

Maybe not MOST of them, but there are laid back victory themes in Smash.

Plus we have stuff like “Environmental Noises” as actual battle music.

I think that piece is fine as is.
I see King Dedede and it reminds me how much of a shame it is that they didn't give Dedede a victory theme inspired by his theme that would've been super cool, Of course they didn't need to which is why they didn't but it would've been super cool.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I refuse to believe anyone can take a round of feral ****ing with Broly and not get ripped in half
Broly has a gentle side. She'll be fine.

I actually imagine he'd be better in bed than Goku's ever been. Just saiyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom