• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hoshido is only good for Ninja and Samurai crit shenanigans.

Otherwise, Nohr all day every day, 'cause Nohr has Malig Knights.
Nohr also has Beruka, the only good character in Fates:

um actually excuse you

May I introduce you to our lord and saviour Forrest, by far the best character to come out of that game
That's not how you write Niles.
Yeah she's okay but consider the following:

View attachment 200006

In fairness, his support with Beruka is the best support in the game, so I'll give you that one.

Other acceptable answers to best character (besides Arthur or Beruka) are: Selkie, Velouria, Dwyer, and Kana.

Totally Not Severa is also okay.
Man, no Oboro love. Little sad about that.

View attachment 200009
Oh **** are we talking Fates character designs?

I want in.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pyra Pyra
You do STEM and technology, right?
That is one out of multiple things I am interested in.
I do. It's fun. (The T stands for technology, btw)

So he wouldn't be able to, say, prevent Alien X from turning him into Ice Cream? (which is someting he can actually do, it's the example used in all of his character bios to explain his powers to kids)
I mean, it wouldn't be the first time he's been turned into food

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I’ve read a fanfic where the premise is that Elise was sentenced to execution by King Garon simply because she’s playing around. She escapes the place, and into the woods, trying everything she can to survive all alone with no one with her, in an unforgiving place known as the outside. The concept is something I really like, but the execution is something to be left desired with how it’s written.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

guys guys guys

cease your stupid ****ing nerd arguments and look at this
sketch-1553199841314.png

this is the bestest character to ever exist, goku 2. he destroys the very idea of existence by existing, making him the strongest character to ever exist

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They were literally just destroying dimensions actually.
That makes LESS sense, it's been established there's only 12 universes or some ****, I'm pretty sure destroying one is bound to get Zen-O to step in
it actually had 8. 10 per season. He also dosn't have the time limit anymore and doesn't really mis-transform. His only limit with Alien X is that he chooses not to use him because it's "not not place to use that kind of power". Typical hero stuff, I'm sure there's a speach like it somewhere in Marvel Comics when someone gives up the Infinity Gauntlet.
You know what suddenly I highly appreciate a reboot because that just removed ALL the stakes

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In the dragon ball universe, killing goku does virtually nothing

I didn't watch that death battle so I wonder if they accounted for that
The two deaths they have for him are him being incinerated by a supernova and Superman destroying his brain with heat vision. In their rules however, they say that even if a character can respawn or resurrect later, it still counts as a kill. Because, well, they were actually killed. Because otherwise there are matches that just.... wouldn't end. Watch their podcast for a clearer grasp on their rules.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So he wouldn't be able to, say, prevent Alien X from turning him into Ice Cream? (which is someting he can actually do, it's the example used in all of his character bios to explain his powers to kids)

When fused with Vegeta, they actually were turned into a piece of candy, yet still maintained their consciousness and continued to beat the **** out of an impervious magical being.

This was when fused, though. Hard to say what Goku alone would do in that situation.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The two deaths they have for him are him being incinerated by a supernova and Superman destroying his brain with heat vision. In their rules however, they say that even if a character can respawn or resurrect later, it still counts as a kill. Because, well, they were actually killed. Because otherwise there are matches that just.... wouldn't end. Watch their podcast for a clearer grasp on their rules.
That's bull**** they had Scorpion win BECAUSE he can respawn

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, I figured as much. :p In a contest of "first kill wins" then I could see either winning, but yeah
It also doesn't matter how he dies, he could just come back if he wanted.
He can also teleport directly to where you go when you die while still alive because it's a physical location
****'s wild

oh **** the plot thickens

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not to be a ****ing nerd or anything but Goku’s a bit of a brick wall, he’s ridiculously strong and powerful but he doesn’t really have any crazy magic or something like that. It’s why he’s vulnerable to poisoning. He’s honetsly more of a flying brick than Superman. Although, magic in the Dragon Ball universe can be countered if your number is big enough like with Vegito becoming candy so idk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

When fused with Vegeta, they actually were turned into a piece of candy, yet still maintained their consciousness and continued to beat the **** out of an impervious magical being.

This was when fused, though. Hard to say what Goku alone would do in that situation.
Considering the events of Z I wouldn't be surprised if Goku as he is now outclasses Z Vegito

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I do. It's fun. (The T stands for technology, btw)

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time he's been turned into food
That makes LESS sense, it's been established there's only 12 universes or some ****, I'm pretty sure destroying one is bound to get Zen-O to step in

You know what suddenly I highly appreciate a reboot because that just removed ALL the stakes
Watch some of Kuro's videos. I share his opinion that if the story is entirely about how powerful the hero needs to be to defeat the villain, than you are not telling a good story. We get too hooked on Power Levels and the path of least resistence, when a character is super strong it lowers out suspension of disbelief, and I don't get why. I would argue that when a character maxes out in power it's where their story really begins.

Also the last villain at the end of Omniverse literally wanted to go back to the beginning of time and change the universe as it formed. Those are still pretty high stakes.

Also, the reboot has really garbage writing. It only ever shoots for comedy and it's never funny.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Guys, there’s something about Selena, that made me marry her in my Conquest route. Was it her cuteness? Her maturity? Being relatable? Her twin tails? I don’t exactly know.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
characters, grey, not character designs

azura might have an s-tier character design but in all official material she has the personality of a brick
No, no, you're right.

azura_no_explanation.jpg

But on-topic, Nohr has all the good characters minus Oboro and Azama. Hoshido sucks.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Watch some of Kuro's videos. I share his opinion that if the story is entirely about how powerful the hero needs to be to defeat the villain, than you are not telling a good story. We get too hooked on Power Levels and the path of least resistence, when a character is super strong it lowers out suspension of disbelief, and I don't get why. I would argue that when a character maxes out in power it's where their story really begins.

Also the last villain at the end of Omniverse literally wanted to go back to the beginning of time and change the universe as it formed. Those are still pretty high stakes.

Also, the reboot has really garbage writing. It only ever shoots for comedy and it's never funny.
Dragon Ball is more of an amusement ride than a story focused show

It has story I like but I'm kind of around for the fun and am in the group of people that appreciates the absurd power creep.

D

Deleted member

maybe death battle is just ****ing stupid and flawed in the first place
All I can remember about death battle is that they’re mostly pretty stupid but they at least got Fate beating Strange and Darkseid beating Thanos right and that’s enough for me

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, I figured as much. :p In a contest of "first kill wins" then I could see either winning, but yeah
He can also teleport directly to where you go when you die while still alive because it's a physical location
****'s wild

You know, considering Goku generally gets to keep his body when he dies, technically there's nothing stopping him from just... coming back from the afterlife when killed for Round 2 except adhering to an honour system. :laugh:

Also the fact that getting killed while already dead would erase him from existence.

D

Deleted member

I learned a bit of French ( I took notes on it. )
C’ est un chat
Can anyone guess what this means?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Ben's world just dosn't work like that so I have no idea how to quantify that feat. It just... doesn't make sense.

****'s wild

I don't know how to defend that response. I mean, Scorpion didn't really respawn. Ryu just burnt off his flesh and that didn't kill him, because it wouldn't.

There's also the fact that they've said repeatedly that their rules have "changed" after Season 2. But while we do know what they're like now we don't really know what they were before.

Who knows, maybe their verdict or presentation would change if they redid that fight now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom