• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I kind of wish Elise/Sakura have the option to become a knight easier so I could have some smol girls kick ass in a bulk of armor. Would be quite cool and funny.

(Not you Meg, you and your luck stat)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll probably make one of those Anyone is Here sigs at some point, I guess.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
he's actually hella strong. not goku level or anything but he is multi universal if highballed
Is Goku really that powerful? I mean, I get if he can survive that ammount of raw power, but can he actally survive the ability to warp reality itself? Like, Alien X can basically do anything. He's the kind of broken character (like Superman) which just automatically wins. Heck, Alien X would probably beat Superman too.

D

Deleted member

I ****ed your mom, I ****ed your dad, I ****ed you and I ****ed your kid in 2068 because I'm a time traveler
Game Freak generally markets **** on their own with new generations ALWAYS being announced in a mini direct, Nindies are their own thing and then there's the general. For someone who's a Nintendo fan you have less faith in their ability to market their biggest games than people who hate Nintendo
It's not that I don't have any faith in them, it's that with the past two years with how the Nintendo has been that I just don't really expect anything and just go along for the ride.

Though, that isn't a bad thing, because if anything, it caused a great amount of **** to happen. Joker in Smash, Final Fantasy IX on Switch and a ****ton of other great stuff. They've done things I never would expect for them to do back before the Switch era came around, so I'm coming from this in a more optimistic POV and just am along for the ride.

D

Deleted member

Are any of Goku's gods the whole "Snap your finger and a damn un-bursts and un-floods" or "recreate the entire universe from scratch" kind of god, or it is basically just a glorified power level. Alien X is basically Dr. Manhattan with the Infinity Gauntlet.
There's Zeno which is the actual god of the universe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Are any of Goku's gods the whole "Snap your finger and a damn un-bursts and un-floods" or "recreate the entire universe from scratch" kind of god, or it is basically just a glorified power level. Alien X is basically Dr. Manhattan with the Infinity Gauntlet.
Destroyer gods literally just have to will it and literally anything gets destroyed with a mere finger tap without the ridiculously crippling weakness
Until Omniverse Season 6 where he convinces Sareena and Bellicus to give him permanent complete control of all of Alien X's powers.
I never saw it but from what I hear doesn't Omniverse suck ass? Also, I hear the reboot that looks terrible is actually well-written and they even gave Ben a ****ing Vilgax alien. Holy **** that's amazing
he's actually hella strong. not goku level or anything but he is multi universal if highballed
Alien X can rewrite reality to literally whatever so that outclasses Goku EASILY but Ben has to debate people of two completely different political ideologies to get them to agree on something in order to do that said thing so he's as useless as a pebble

Also holy **** I was NOT ready to realize that specific thing about Alien X today

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Who very much likes Goku to the point where Zeno gave him a summon button lol

Is Goku really that powerful? I mean, I get if he can survive that ammount of raw power, but can he actally survive the ability to warp reality itself? Like, Alien X can basically do anything. He's the kind of broken character (like Superman) which just automatically wins. Heck, Alien X would probably beat Superman too.

Goku, incidentally, is also "the broken character which just wins", which is why the Superman v Goku debate will never end

D

Deleted member

Man, Hoshidos unique classes are pretty gimmicky. Mechant, Mechanists, and Blacksmiths are such interesting concepts, and would be great if they’re aren’t soo gimmicky.
Hoshido is only good for Ninja and Samurai crit shenanigans.

Otherwise, Nohr all day every day, 'cause Nohr has Malig Knights.
Nohr also has Beruka, the only good character in Fates:

D

Deleted member

I'm just gonna play DQ 1 even though I heard it was a bad game to start the DQ franchise with especially with my tastes.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I kind of wish Elise/Sakura have the option to become a knight easier so I could have some smol girls kick *** in a bulk of armor. Would be quite cool and funny.

(Not you Meg, you and your luck stat)
It's a shame that Fates didn't have the War Cleric class.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Has there been a Fire Emblem game where the tone is more about survival rather than winning battles within a war?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Everyone: Something else
Me: Golf Joke

Golf balls are like eggs

They are white, sold by the dozen, and a week later you have to buy more.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Has there been a Fire Emblem game where the tone is more about survival rather than winning battles within a war?
You want Thracia 776, that's basically the whole idea, right down to stuff like weapons being completely unaffordable in shops so you're forced to get by by stealing equipment from defeated enemies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
More oppressed than Gamers?

Frieza, during the Resurrection F movie, destroyed the Earth by pushing down on it kind of hard, and by "DB Super: Broly", Goku is way, way stronger than that.
But that's still just an output of energy. He still directly applied energy to an object through physical contact. Alien X literally rewrites reality itself.

Goku has pretty much surpassed the concept of time and shaken infinity by the end of super so I mean
That's actually super impressive, but also kind of meaningless. I really want to see the Death Battle people break that feat down.
depends on who you're theorycrafting with but uh
it's pretty ridiculous what he's implied to be able to do

Aside from being the king of everything that exists's best buddy
That makes sense.

Yes but he doesn't fight those ones.

He can fight a god of destruction on equal terms; those are the ones that snap a finger and destroy a planet.
Have they actually done it, or have they just said they can do it. There's a difference.

Every day you here some new thing from DragonBall... there's always some rediculous surprise to learn from that franchise.

Destroyer gods literally just have to will it and literally anything gets destroyed with a mere finger tap without the ridiculously crippling weakness

I never saw it but from what I hear doesn't Omniverse suck ***? Also, I hear the reboot that looks terrible is actually well-written and they even gave Ben a ****ing Vilgax alien. Holy **** that's amazing

Alien X can rewrite reality to literally whatever so that outclasses Goku EASILY but Ben has to debate people of two completely different political ideologies to get them to agree on something in order to do that said thing so he's as useless as a pebble

Also holy **** I was NOT ready to realize that specific thing about Alien X today
Not anymore he doesn't have to debate.

As for Omniverse's quality.... it's about a 50/50 show. It's highs are really high and it's lows are really ****ing low. If you do manage to get through all 80 episodes you'll look back on it and say it was probably a net positive experience, but there are definatly some episodes along the way that will make you want to quit.

Who very much likes Goku to the point where Zeno gave him a summon button lol

Goku, incidentally, is also "the broken character which just wins", which is why the Superman v Goku debate will never end
Fair. I still like the philosophical argument that Death Battle used to argue for Superman's victory. And I think it applied here too.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's actually super impressive, but also kind of meaningless. I really want to see the Death Battle people break that feat down.
For context, there is a character, Hit, who can stop time for a few milliseconds (the characters are so fast at this point that "milliseconds" is all he needs to do a lot of damage). Both Goku and Jiren have reached speeds that allow them to move in the stopped time.

Somehow.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's not that I don't have any faith in them, it's that with the past two years with how the Nintendo has been that I just don't really expect anything and just go along for the ride.

Though, that isn't a bad thing, because if anything, it caused a great amount of **** to happen. Joker in Smash, Final Fantasy IX on Switch and a ****ton of other great stuff. They've done things I never would expect for them to do back before the Switch era came around, so I'm coming from this in a more optimistic POV and just am along for the ride.
You REALLY think they won't do the standard of what they've done for one of their biggest games for their new system? I understand expecting the bare minimum but expecting them to casually drop a unique newcomer and new modes without anything to hype that up is insane
But that's still just an output of energy. He still directly applied energy to an object through physical contact. Alien X literally rewrites reality itself.

That makes sense.

Have they actually done it, or have they just said they can do it. There's a difference.

Every day you here some new thing from DragonBall... there's always some rediculous surprise to learn from that franchise.

Not anymore he doesn't have to debate.

As for Omniverse's quality.... it's about a 50/50 show. It's highs are really high and it's lows are really ****ing low. If you do manage to get through all 80 episodes you'll look back on it and say it was probably a net positive experience, but there are definatly some episodes along the way that will make you want to quit.

Fair. I still like the philosophical argument that Death Battle used to argue for Superman's victory. And I think it applied here too.
Wait what the **** he's no longer got a limit on the "I win" button? And Omniverse has 6 seasons? The hell?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Goku has some things going for him that make him pretty absurd as a fighter, but he isn't by any mean invincible and the sheer existence of Zeno within Dragonball Super shows that there are limits to what Goku can and cannot accomplish by punching things.

However, Goku has/can:
  • Instantaneously warp himself to any destination within a universe as long as he can focus on the location.
  • Survive pure destruction from a God of Destruction, designed specifically to, well, destroy whatever it touches down to its very essence.
  • Attain Ultra Instinct, a state of being even the gods of Dragonball are rarely able to achieve, in which his body moves without conscious thought and never, ever gets hit.
  • Expel enough power (to the point that his arms stop working) to permanently injure an immortal god.
  • When fused with Vegeta, another mortal, he's able to apparently change the evil essence of something into good by mere thought (as shown on two different occasions though technically neither is part of the main canon).
  • Fight through time skip techniques in which his opponent is literally skipping ahead of him in time.
  • Give life to a dead bird (again not canonical but it happened?).
So he's really, really, really good at punching and kicking, though he lacks the reality bending powers of many comic book villains and ****ing X-Men.
Yes they have done it. It's in their job description. Kais are creators who preserve life, gods of destruction destroy to even things out.

Beerus tapped a table with his fingertip and cut a planet in half because his dessert was just okay.

Goku fought that and lived.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of DC, that new Shazam movie is coming out soon. I haven’t been following it too closely, have any critics seen it yet? What’s the reception been?

D

Deleted member

Excuse you?

Charlotte is right there.
Yeah she's okay but consider the following:

BerukaCipherArt.jpg

um actually excuse you

In fairness, his support with Beruka is the best support in the game, so I'll give you that one.

Other acceptable answers to best character (besides Arthur or Beruka) are: Selkie, Velouria, Dwyer, and Kana.

Totally Not Severa is also okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You REALLY think they won't do the standard of what they've done for one of their biggest games for their new system? I understand expecting the bare minimum but expecting them to casually drop a unique newcomer and new modes without anything to hype that up is insane

Wait what the **** he's no longer got a limit on the "I win" button? And Omniverse has 6 seasons? The hell?
it actually had 8. 10 per season. He also dosn't have the time limit anymore and doesn't really mis-transform. His only limit with Alien X is that he chooses not to use him because it's "not not place to use that kind of power". Typical hero stuff, I'm sure there's a speach like it somewhere in Marvel Comics when someone gives up the Infinity Gauntlet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
For context, there is a character, Hit, who can stop time for a few milliseconds (the characters are so fast at this point that "milliseconds" is all he needs to do a lot of damage). Both Goku and Jiren have reached speeds that allow them to move in the stopped time.

Somehow.
Wait. I just ****ing realized something. Hit's time skip thing is visualized the same way that random scenery change in Broly is visualized. Gogeta and Broly can ****ing do the time skip thing holy ****

KMDP

Smash Legend
Goku has some things going for him that make him pretty absurd as a fighter, but he isn't by any mean invincible and the sheer existence of Zeno within Dragonball Super shows that there are limits to what Goku can and cannot accomplish by punching things.

However, Goku has/can:
  • Instantaneously warp himself to any destination within a universe as long as he can focus on the location.
  • Survive pure destruction from a God of Destruction, designed specifically to, well, destroy whatever it touches down to its very essence.
  • Attain Ultra Instinct, a state of being even the gods of Dragonball are rarely able to achieve, in which his body moves without conscious thought and never, ever gets hit.
  • Expel enough power (to the point that his arms stop working) to permanently injure an immortal god.
  • When fused with Vegeta, another mortal, he's able to apparently change the evil essence of something into good by mere thought (as shown on two different occasions though technically neither is part of the main canon).
  • Fight through time skip techniques in which his opponent is literally skipping ahead of him in time.
So he's really, really, really good at punching and kicking, though he lacks the reality bending powers of many comic book villains and ****ing X-Men.
When fused with Vegeta, the two are able to shatter reality for a few seconds.

They don't know how they did it, but they did it.

D

Deleted member

I'll probably make one of those Anyone is Here sigs at some point, I guess.
The only time I remembered when you changed your avatar was when Chrom: Gifted leader was released, and I think you also changed your avatar during that fancy Chrom DLC.
google chrom.png

( It was a different art, I could not find it. )
chrom 2.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

However, Goku has/can:

Yes they have done it. It's in their job description. Kais are creators who preserve life, gods of destruction destroy to even things out.

Beerus tapped a table with his fingertip and cut a planet in half because his dessert was just okay.

Goku fought that and lived.
So he wouldn't be able to, say, prevent Alien X from turning him into Ice Cream? (which is someting he can actually do, it's the example used in all of his character bios to explain his powers to kids)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In the dragon ball universe, killing goku does virtually nothing

I didn't watch that death battle so I wonder if they accounted for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom