• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
So I put together a little survey to take note of everyone's timezone/location/availability/games in the interest of organizing game nights or something. So rather than throwing up arenas randomly and hoping for the best, we can coordinate to get the most people and the best experience.

Not sure if that's a good idea or how to properly broadcast it, though.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Benefit of the doubt, could be what happened there.
That's not what happened. This is what happened.
Vergeben never "saw" 2D Zelda. He was told of it.

Furthermore, he was told of Link's Awakening HD, and knew about it 2 weeks in advance if I recall correctly. At the last second, however, he decided to trust a faulty source which is what led to him saying it wasn't Link's Awakening HD.
The eshop 2d zelda was still talked about but for some reason he decided to say it was that one in the direct.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So I put together a little survey to take note of everyone's timezone/location/availability/games in the interest of organizing game nights or something. So rather than throwing up arenas randomly and hoping for the best, we can coordinate to get the most people and the best experience.

See if you can get someone to change the thread poll.

Or make a simple Google Doc and post the link here in the thread.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually love games that are easy to break, lol. Part of why I enjoyed FE: Fates so much and spent as much time on it as I did was because I loved optimizing skills and using the My Castle system to get super OP combinations. It was especially fun to do on Conquest; I made the most broken Velouria ever. I think I also made a Berserker Beruka!Kana that never had less than a 50% to crit everything, lol.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

It's a great idea. Just put up a link and we'll shill it for a few pages.

D

Deleted member

Cuphead on Switch details, get ya Cuphead on Switch details here!

– In house port, runs similarly to other versions
– Team did heavy re-tooling to get it done on Switch properly
– 60 frames per second in both modes
– 720p portable mode, 1080p docked mode
– Identical output as the Xbox One version
– DLC parity with all platforms, including Switch
– Two-player in portable mode on one screen with Joy-Con (or a Pro Controller and a Joy-Con)

That one's coming.

Cuphead's not it though.

;^)

Very big.

You could say it's a Mammoth sized announcement.
Wait, how do YOU know? Tell us. Might as well get it all out.

oh damn OH DAMN.png

Pakky

Smash Hero
Is it not?

What is Halo other than Microsoft's star franchise?
Well... damn true.
I mean I would make sense. Not out of the question, bigger than say Banjo or something.

The entire Xbox library on Switch would be too much but I could see it.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is it not?

What is Halo other than Microsoft's star franchise?
Halo's mammoth-sized.

You know a AAA franchise is one of the pillar franchises when a sucky game or two (Halo 5/Halo Wars 2) released in succession does absolutely nothing to temper the expectations or excitement for a vague trailer released with nothing more than the main character and a title (Halo Infinite).

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
finally after *****ing about it enough my name is now pink
Lucky...
So I guess while I've been searching around the reactions of Cuphead being on the Switch, apparently this isn't the announcement that supposedly was going to be a "Mario on PlayStation" level of announcement that's been circling a tad.

I dunno about the cred on this one, since I just found out about this, so I guess Doug Bowser's Wild Ride continues. Does anyone know about it?
If it’s really on the level of “Mario on PlayStation”, it’s seems like it is:

-A major Sony or Microsoft exclusive IP coming to the Switch (not Cuphead)

-A major Sony or Microsoft exclusive IP getting into Smash

-A major Nintendo IP coming to PlayStation and/or Xbox

I personally doubt it’s the 3rd, but the other two could happen.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Try out the bravely series. That is a game franchise that throws out game-balance out pretty damn fast in the most hilarious ways.
bravely's a franchise made with absolutely 0 consideration for balance on the player's end and its best that way

nice to have a game just go "yeah **** it do what you want, full cheese"

D

Deleted member

That one's coming.

Cuphead's not it though.

;^)

Very big.

You could say it's a Mammoth sized announcement.
Probably Halo is expanding to more consoles, considering the Steam announcement. Dunno if we'll get MCC, but at least I believe we'll get a few of them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wanna hammer in for @Mr. Wario that Shadow Dragon is probably the barest Fire Emblem experience you can receive. In a series reliant on well-written characters, Shadow Dragon doesn't flesh out the story from the original NES game and has zero support conversations, which is what ultimately kills its narrative. Beyond that, it's also a remake of the first Fire Emblem game, so the experimental but archaic map design is still held over, making for an annoying experience sometimes. There's a reason Fire Emblem was about to be killed off as a series before Awakening revived it.

If you're coming from Awakening to an older game, Fire Emblem GBA or Fire Emblem Sacred Stones are the best jumping grounds as they alleviate everything wrong with what I said about Shadow Dragon.
It doesn't have traditional supports, but there are certain characters who received bonus Map conversations that helped flesh out the story. Off the top of my head:

- Caeda/Ogma
- Marth/Lena
- Marth/Julian
- Marth/Matthis
- Marth/Hardin
- Marth/Roger
- Marth/Lorenz (if Caeda recruits him)
- Minerva/Maria
- Minerva/Palla
- Minerva/Catria
- Minerva/Est
- Palla/Est
- Catria/Est
- Merric/Linde
- Merric/Elice
- Boah/Astram
- Tiki/Xane

Add onto that that the prologue helps to flesh out characters like Marth, Elice, Cain, and Jagen, and while character moments aren't overly plentiful in Shadow Dragon, they're not outright nonexistent. I'd actually say the actual writing is among the best in the series. 8-4 did a fantastic job with the localization.

The reason for its low sales wasn't things like the characterization, it was the complete lack of advertising. They basically sent the game out to die after Radiant Dawn flopped.

Edit: Added a few I forgot.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean Halo on Switch would be big but is it big enough to be mammoth sized?
Halo 3 sold 14 and a half million units and is apparently one of, if not THE best selling shooter games in history. Pretty damn big I'd say
If you were flirting with me I will call the freaking cops

Girl Joker would be so rad
Ohhhhhh you don't know about the datamines do you?
Not really I'm just a dumb disabled child that says random stuff in an attempt to make friends
Nnnnno. Bad. You're not dumb, you're one of the smartest behaving newcomers I've seen on the site period. You're a right fine lad

D

Deleted member

HOW DID I MISS THIS
Not really I'm just a dumb disabled child that says random stuff in an attempt to make friends
You're a woke disabled child that says random stuff in an attempt to make friends, which you now have

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Probably Halo is expanding to more consoles, considering the Steam announcement. Dunno if we'll get MCC, but at least I believe we'll get a few of them.
That would be a hell of a 180 for Microsoft though.

They wouldn't even put Halo 3, Reach, 4 or 5 on ****ing Microsoft Windows. They finally are with MCC on PC, and they've been releasing more and more games on Steam, which is surprising. But Halo Infinite on anything but Xbox and the Windows Store would shatter all expectations of how Microsoft does its business.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If the MCC ends up on Switch then the people working on porting it are wizards for getting a 80GB+ game on the Switch.
Unless it ends up being a bunch of downloads in which case they better bundle in the mother of all micro SDs.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I have no problem with a game being called My Friend Pedro, whatsoever. But im not sure it's the best to advertise a platforming shooter/slasher

D

Deleted member

That would be a hell of a 180 for Microsoft though.

They wouldn't even put Halo 3, Reach, 4 or 5 on ****ing Microsoft Windows. They finally are with MCC on PC, and they've been releasing more and more games on Steam, which is surprising. But Halo Infinite on anything but Xbox and the Windows Store would shatter all expectations of how Microsoft does its business.
Dunno if we'll get all titles on Switch but at least I could see a few of them. Seems like MS pretty much is not going to have exclusives soon.

D

Deleted member

It doesn't have traditional supports, but there are certain characters who received bonus Map conversations that helped flesh out the story. Off the top of my head:

- Caeda/Ogma
- Marth/Lena
- Marth/Julian
- Marth/Lorenz (if Caeda recruits him)
- Minerva/Maria
- Minerva/Palla
- Minerva/Catria
- Minerva/Est
- Palla/Est
- Catria/Est
- Merric/Linde
- Merric/Elice
- Boah/Astram
- Tiki/Xane

Add onto that that the prologue helps to flesh out characters like Marth, Elice, Cain, and Jagen, and while character moments aren't overly plentiful in Shadow Dragon, they're not outright nonexistent. I'd actually say the actual writing is among the best in the series. 8-4 did a fantastic job with the localization.

The reason for its low sales wasn't things like the characterization, it was the complete lack of advertising. They basically sent the game out to die after Radiant Dawn flopped.
Fair enough. I wasn't exact with my wording, but a lot of what you mention is barebones and barely fleshes out the world and characters beyond, "Hey, I like your loyalty and we could use each other." This is why I suggest Shadow Dragon isn't a great starting point for older Fire Emblem games, because Shadow Dragon is so faithful of a remake to where it feels like you're starting from the very beginning despite what it adds. It's not bad, but games before Shadow Dragon ditched the structure of the first game for a reason. Why start there when the goal is to ease someone into older games? That's what Fire Emblem GBA and Fire Emblem Sacred Stones do, and both are also available on the Wii U. I'd start there and move onto Shadow Dragon later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I read it totally differently :O

nvm then. I do think they could put in an easy mode with lots more health for kids and newbs.
Honestly I hope they do that because there's literally no downside for more inclusive options. See Celeste, a game praised for it's amazing story but the gameplay can be changed with Assist Mode quite a bit so those who can't quite get a grip with the game's difficulty can enjoy it regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom