• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I actually do really want to play one of the older FEs someday. I'm kind of scared to, though, because I've been spoiled by the modern games' casual mode, ha ha.
READ THIS THEN DON'T PLAY SHADOW DRAGON

The best entrypoint for older FE games that you can legally play is Fire Emblem 7 (or Rekka no Ken) and Fire Emblem 8, which has decent tutorials, compelling stories, and solid level design that holds up to this day. Everything else before that isn't bad, but it's either archaic or not a typical Fire Emblem experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How does it work, exactly? I imagine the DS' bottom screen is on the Gamepad while the top screen is on the TV? Also, are there any weird filters put on the games like the darker N64 games?

I actually do really want to play one of the older FEs someday. I'm kind of scared to, though, because I've been spoiled by the modern games' casual mode, ha ha.
Yeah that's how it usually works but you can change it in the settings if you want, I didn't have my own TV for a while so I used the settings that cropped the top screen and put it in the corner for a while.

Not as far as I know, the Kirby games I have on it are as colourful as ever

D

Deleted member

Holy **** Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen just killed a man. I'm out.
Whatever do you mean? I, faygoshill, am completely fine! Nothing is wrong at all! Xenoblade and homosexual stuff, am I right guys! :)

i̙̳͍̥̝̤m̷͎̣̦̩̖̼ ̞̻͙̖̝̮n̹o̱t̡̫ ̹d͍̻̟̪̮̰̟͜e̞ad̩ ̬̼i̪̠̭̗ͅm̵ ̱͡ń̼̰̞o̻̲̬̜̫̤t̛͇̰ ͓̦͔̬͢d̫̤̖͍͚̮̕ḙ̛̲̥̜̖͇a̴̰̼̯̰̹d̥̀ ́i̡͎͓͈m͍͢ ̛͔̘ņo͖̱̙͈̮t̘̰͎̮͉̩̝̀ ͏̜̖͉d̵͈͚ͅe̶̟̣ḁ̧͍͍̹̩̼̺d̝͖̥̼̬̮ ̛i̗̝̺̺̩̖m̙̬ ̫͕̦n̻̠͈̝̭̟̻ot̴̫̠ ͎d̞̗ęA̙͉̲͕̺D̶ ̦͕̬̝̦̝I̭͓̯̭̳͓M̮͇̳̩ ̗̮̜̖̳̜S̼͔͙̙̥̹̣T̰͕I̮͡LL̘̦̼ ͝H̙͍̬̳E͏̜̦͇̝̝̠R̝͇̮̫͚̕E̜̞̯̰ͅ ̮̦̘̥̞P͍̘͍̘̹̖̣L̘͙̪̮̜͡E͔͈̩̯͙A̞͘S҉̘̲̥̼̮̟E̠͔͍͖̥̙ ̣̮̜̺͙Ḭ͇̫̣ͅM̷ ͙̼͝H͈͖ER͔̪E̦̲̠͞

D

Deleted member

Also I'm just going to throw this out there and there's nothing to support it but what if the 2D Zelda Vergeben saw was this Candance of Hyrule thing?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How does it work, exactly? I imagine the DS' bottom screen is on the Gamepad while the top screen is on the TV? Also, are there any weird filters put on the games like the darker N64 games?

For what it's worth, Shadow Dragon isn't too difficult on Normal Mode, if you're worried about difficulty. Plus you get some extra prologue chapters with Normal Mode that are really great. There are also single-use savepoint spots on most maps that you can use if you're worried. :p

Plus the forging system is incredibly intuitive and still stands as my favorite version of forging.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I feel like if there was a Resident Evil character chosen then it would be Leon but I like the idea of all the skins just being different RE characters. Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Hunk, Rebecca, Billy, and Sheva.
I see it going one of three ways:

1) Leon. His P1/P2 looks would be RE4/RE2, he'd focus heavily on his knife and kicks to avoid realistic weapons, and yeah. Pretty basic prediction.

2) Leon and Claire as P1/P2 costumes. Claire is Leon's same height in the RE2make so fudging their proportions in the same way :ultwiifittrainer:/:ultwiifittrainerm: or :ultcorrin:/:ultcorrinf: work wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility. This is to ride on the RE2 hype train and could possibly coincide a streaming version of the game on Switch a la RE7. Claire is possibly more popular now than she has been since Code Veronica released on the Dreamcast; may as well strike when the iron's hot to secure another face for upcoming RE games.

3) Jill. She has a classic MvC2 moveset from which to draw inspiration and, rather than hop on a train that's already left the station with RE2, they could build up steam with the coming RE3 hype train instead, if rumors are to be believed. Further rumors show that the fourth CGI RE movie will be starring Jill instead of Leon, further piling points in Jill's favor. But I don't think she and Chris would work in the same way Leon/Claire would; their proportions are typically shown to be significantly more different, and Chris's reliance on macho-style pummeling and boxing would look out of place on Jill. They're too different.

As much as I'd love to see a :ultbowserjr: type setup where we just get all the RE protagonists as costumes, I don't see it happening. Too many personalities and body proportions to account for.

D

Deleted member

afaicr both screens are in the TV and you can change the orientation to what you like. No weird filters either.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For what it's worth, Shadow Dragon isn't too difficult on Normal Mode, if you're worried about difficulty. Plus you get some extra prologue chapters with Normal Mode that are really great. There are also single-use savepoint spots on most maps that you can use if you're worried. :p

Plus the forging system is incredibly intuitive and still stands as my favorite version of forging.
You're just saying that because the RNG for growths is damn easy to manipulate and you can forge Wing Spear to be the most OP weapon period.
Oh, and the VC version of Shadow Dragon lets you save scum and considering how they handle arenas/colliseums, it's VERY abusable

D

Deleted member

Whatever do you mean? I, faygoshill, am completely fine! Nothing is wrong at all! Xenoblade and homosexual stuff, am I right guys! :)

i̙̳͍̥̝̤m̷͎̣̦̩̖̼ ̞̻͙̖̝̮n̹o̱t̡̫ ̹d͍̻̟̪̮̰̟͜e̞ad̩ ̬̼i̪̠̭̗ͅm̵ ̱͡ń̼̰̞o̻̲̬̜̫̤t̛͇̰ ͓̦͔̬͢d̫̤̖͍͚̮̕ḙ̛̲̥̜̖͇a̴̰̼̯̰̹d̥̀ ́i̡͎͓͈m͍͢ ̛͔̘ņo͖̱̙͈̮t̘̰͎̮͉̩̝̀ ͏̜̖͉d̵͈͚ͅe̶̟̣ḁ̧͍͍̹̩̼̺d̝͖̥̼̬̮ ̛i̗̝̺̺̩̖m̙̬ ̫͕̦n̻̠͈̝̭̟̻ot̴̫̠ ͎d̞̗ęA̙͉̲͕̺D̶ ̦͕̬̝̦̝I̭͓̯̭̳͓M̮͇̳̩ ̗̮̜̖̳̜S̼͔͙̙̥̹̣T̰͕I̮͡LL̘̦̼ ͝H̙͍̬̳E͏̜̦͇̝̝̠R̝͇̮̫͚̕E̜̞̯̰ͅ ̮̦̘̥̞P͍̘͍̘̹̖̣L̘͙̪̮̜͡E͔͈̩̯͙A̞͘S҉̘̲̥̼̮̟E̠͔͍͖̥̙ ̣̮̜̺͙Ḭ͇̫̣ͅM̷ ͙̼͝H͈͖ER͔̪E̦̲̠͞
Literally @faygoshill right now.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Also I'm just going to throw this out there and there's nothing to support it but what if the 2D Zelda Vergeben saw was this Candance of Hyrule thing?
Vergeben never "saw" 2D Zelda. He was told of it.

Furthermore, he was told of Link's Awakening HD, and knew about it 2 weeks in advance if I recall correctly. At the last second, however, he decided to trust a faulty source which is what led to him saying it wasn't Link's Awakening HD.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Smash has Girl Joker.
Girl Joker not officially announced yet.
Atlus want to announce Girl Joker first
little did they realise that sakurai is so terrible at keeping secrets from being datamined that he'd prematurely let it slip 2 months prior

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You're just saying that because the RNG for growths is damn easy to manipulate and you can forge Wing Spear to be the most OP weapon period.
Oh, and the VC version of Shadow Dragon lets you save scum and considering how they handle arenas/colliseums, it's VERY abusable
Effective Weaponry forging absolutely breaks the game but damn do I love it lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Vergeben never "saw" 2D Zelda. He was told of it.

Furthermore, he was told of Link's Awakening HD, and knew about it 2 weeks in advance if I recall correctly. At the last second, however, he decided to trust a faulty source which is what led to him saying it wasn't Link's Awakening HD.
The eshop 2d zelda was still talked about but for some reason he decided to say it was that one in the direct.

D

Deleted member

Yeah that's how it usually works but you can change it in the settings if you want, I didn't have my own TV for a while so I used the settings that cropped the top screen and put it in the corner for a while.

Not as far as I know, the Kirby games I have on it are as colourful as ever
Oh okay, cool, cool. Thanks for the info. :) I've been thinking about picking up SM64DS on my Wii U for a while now (I like the original just a bit better, but DS is still really good and has more content), so I was trying to determine if I should try to track down a used copy or just buy it off the Wii U shop.

Oh, that doesn't sound too bad. Maybe I'll give it a shot after I finish Echoes on my 3DS.

D

Deleted member

So I guess while I've been searching around the reactions of Cuphead being on the Switch, apparently this isn't the announcement that supposedly was going to be a "Mario on PlayStation" level of announcement that's been circling a tad.

I dunno about the cred on this one, since I just found out about this, so I guess Doug Bowser's Wild Ride continues. Does anyone know about it?

Roberk

Smash Champion
Shadow Dragon is pretty straightforward, just don’t be bad. That’s how I play every game, works like a charm.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Effective Weaponry forging absolutely breaks the game but damn do I love it lol.
Sometimes I enjoy breaking a game just to feel empowered.

Dragon Age Inquisition was much more fun to play after I figured out how absolutely broken a Tempest Archer is when spec'd right and given the right equipment. I breezed through Nightmare difficulty like a bad*** and just kept getting all the best ****. Plus you don't feel bad for hasting through battles to get to the next story portion because you know you're winning by your own actions, rather than by your difficulty level pick.

D

Deleted member

I wanna hammer in for @Mr. Wario that Shadow Dragon is probably the barest Fire Emblem experience you can receive. In a series reliant on well-written characters, Shadow Dragon doesn't flesh out the story from the original NES game and has zero support conversations, which is what ultimately kills its narrative. Beyond that, it's also a remake of the first Fire Emblem game, so the experimental but archaic map design is still held over, making for an annoying experience sometimes. There's a reason Fire Emblem was about to be killed off as a series before Awakening revived it.

If you're coming from Awakening to an older game, Fire Emblem GBA or Fire Emblem Sacred Stones are the best jumping grounds as they alleviate everything wrong with what I said about Shadow Dragon.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So I guess while I've been searching around the reactions of Cuphead being on the Switch, apparently this isn't the announcement that supposedly was going to be a "Mario on PlayStation" level of announcement that's been circling a tad.

I dunno about the cred on this one, since I just found out about this, so I guess Doug Bowser's Wild Ride continues. Does anyone know about it?
God of War on Switch?

I mean how big is this supposed to be?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

That one's coming.

Cuphead's not it though.

;^)
God of War on Switch?

I mean how big is this supposed to be?
Very big.

You could say it's a Mammoth sized announcement.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sometimes I enjoy breaking a game just to feel empowered.

Dragon Age Inquisition was much more fun to play after I figured out how absolutely broken a Tempest Archer is when spec'd right and given the right equipment. I breezed through Nightmare difficulty like a bad*** and just kept getting all the best ****. Plus you don't feel bad for hasting through battles to get to the next story portion because you know you're winning by your own actions, rather than by your difficulty level pick.
Try out the bravely series. That is a game franchise that throws out game-balance out pretty damn fast in the most hilarious ways.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Try out the bravely series. That is a game franchise that throws out game-balance out pretty damn fast in the most hilarious ways.
What is this "Bravely series" you speak of?

I haven't heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom