• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I know I'm late. But I just watched Arlo watch the Nindies showcase, and not only is Cuphead coming to the switch but they explicitly mentioned Microsoft! I wouldn't be surprised if they announce some sort of partnership at E3.
Hearing Microsoft mentioned by name in a Direct was wierd. Back during the 360 era I would've never believed that they would be the first to branch out and start offering their games on storefronts/consoles other than their own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think DMC3 did it best, because you don't know if a game's going to be too hard for you until you try it out, (and inevitably fail). If you don't die, then you don't need it. If you do, then the option is now open to you. Encourages people to get out of their comfort zone, while also providing the option if it really is difficult enough.

(And then like DMC4 has game clear screens for all difficulties where it goes from "Prequel doesn't mean that you can be a newbie" to "Guess you're not some casual gamer" to "Dude, get out more.")
While you're not wrong, again, DMC3's opening act is notoriously brutal, Cerberus is rather infamous for a reason after all, especially in the original version of DMC3 where you didn't have checkpoints

I honestly forgot about those for DMC4 but I still think difficulty options shouldn't try to communicate that you're playing the game the wrong way

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Again. My bad. My wording wasn't exact. Here's my take: Shadow Dragon is not a bad starting point, but there are way better starting points.

You're right in that a lot of conveniences were added to Shadow Dragon. However, comparing Shadow Dragon to New Mystery of the Emblem (the sequel remake) is what makes me believe Shadow Dragon could have been more, which is my point. Shadow Dragon doesn't do enough to make you not think you're playing the first Fire Emblem game. In fact, I'd say New Mystery is a better starting point because of a more fleshed out story that really expands upon Shadow Dragon's world more than Shadow Dragon ever could, more interesting map layout, and tons of ways to play and break it.

Fire Emblem GBA follows Shadow Dragon's structures but provides way more in narrative and map designs and Fire Emblem Sacred Stones is comfortably easy and gives you a world map to walk around. All of this is said with the intent of making sure @Mr. Wario gets the best pre-3DS experience so I hope I'm not coming off as aggressive or argumentative.

So in conclusion, Shadow Dragon is an okay starting point, but three other games I've listed adds more to it that help you get a better understanding of what classic Fire Emblem is like while still being incredible experiences. Those are my two cents anyway. Would you rather have more or less, Mr. Wario? I'll leave him with that.
I get what you're saying, but I disagree on one major thing with New Mystery being a better starting point: enemy variety, and the availability of a one-size-fits-all crutch.

One major benefit Shadow Dragon has for newcomers is actually its fairly predictable and sparse enemy variety early into and midway into the game. Most of the enemies you'll face in Shadow Dragon are either on horseback or are armored, and considering Caeda has perfect availability and her Wing Spear hits both of these effectively (Marth does as well with his Rapier but he has far less movement range), players who are just starting out have an easy go-to character to deal with the vast majority of the more problematic enemies. New Mystery, meanwhile, has a much wider composition of enemy units than Shadow Dragon did, and as such, even ignoring that Caeda isn't available until a few chapters in, the Wing Spear isn't as much of a crutch.

That's not to say New Mystery doesn't have a crutch though. Palla is beyond broken right from when you get her in chapter three, lol. Seriously she's basically a god in every game she's playable in.

D

Deleted member

Ah **** Ice Age content. Let's get this bread.

I'M YOUR FRIEND

ALRIGHT PAISANO

YOU BETTER GET ****ING READY FOR THESE HUGS GODDAMMIT

I'M ABOUT TO HUG YOU SO HARD MOTHER ******

YOU'RE GONNA FEEL THE LOVE

AND THE BURN
The most wholesome post on this thread.

Also, @Brelooming Disaster I think your awesome! I’m sure a lot of people here would call you a friend, myself included. :)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright fellas
The next character will be a transformation character
All Bravely and Octopath characters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hearing Microsoft mentioned by name in a Direct was wierd. Back during the 360 era I would've never believed that they would be the first to branch out and start offering their games on storefronts/consoles other than their own.
And now it's happening. I'm excited. Especially if this means we're getting some new things with Rare properties.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So Nintendo and Microsoft are going to make out at E3 and its gonna be gross (and kinda hot)

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Very strict item limits as far as what you could get from shops.
That's the exact opposite of how it was in the original. If you're a grinder like me (Merric/Linde in Arenas), you can save up and by several dozen stat up items from Anna and cheese the last few chapters with a Maxed Out Army, especially if you have a Warp staff left. Shadow Dragon DS is much less broken, unless you forge Brave weapons...

I would also mention that each map has multiple Save Points and that it's the first game in the series where you can skip actions/turns using the Start button. Shadow Dragon is arguably the fastest game in the series as a result.

D

Deleted member

I'm your friend.
'M YOUR FRIEND

ALRIGHT PAISANO

YOU BETTER GET ****ING READY FOR THESE HUGS GODDAMMIT

I'M ABOUT TO HUG YOU SO HARD MOTHER ******

YOU'RE GONNA FEEL THE LOVE

AND THE BURN
sad.
well you're not alone in your loneliness.

friends can always happen too. In the meantime, imaginary ones can do alright.
I'm gonna freaking kiss you guys, you bunch of nice people
Also, [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/427/427217.jpg?1551582122[/IMG] Brelooming Disaster I think your awesome! I’m sure a lot of people here would call you a friend, myself included.
What'd I ever do to be considered a friend tho

D

Deleted member

If we count PC, they haven't had exclusives for a long while.

They lost to PS4 and are completely rethinking their strategy. It's refreshing.
It is, at least I hope there is a better output from them now going on. This generation they were pretty lacking.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm gonna freaking kiss you guys, you bunch of nice people

What'd I ever do to be considered a friend tho
You're cool, you're nice to people, and those are qualities people want from friends. That's it real. Look at me, I'm what, in the top 3 most liked users on this entire site. And yet for some reason I don't get wht people like me to the point people here offered me money for ****ing breast implants when I expressed my insecurity about my chest

D

Deleted member

You're cool, you're nice to people, and those are qualities people want from friends. That's it real. Look at me, I'm what, in the top 3 most liked users on this entire site. And yet for some reason I don't get wht people like me to the point people here offered me money for ****ing breast implants when I expressed my insecurity about my chest
Holy **** I can get money here if I'm likable enough? Sign me the **** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom