• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yes, but...
An Pokeball summon is pretty great, if i'm being honest.

A lot of fools people don't keep up with Pokemon anymore, but they still know some of the modern ones because of Smash. Meloetta is one of those Pokemon.

But hey, that's just me. Feel free to disagree.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
*sigh* Bowser Jr. is really difficult character to work w/ honestly...

He's got great tools, but nothing really comes together. He's just... a fragment of a character, and frustrating to work w/ honestly.

I've been playing him all night in Quickplay. He went from 3.75 million all the way to 3.9 million GSP.

Then I got a mix of BS rulesets and laggy matches. Which caused my GSP to drop by 700K.

I just got him all the way back up to 3.84 million GSP.

But even with that, he's just... underwhelming. Even though people joke about how bad he is been since Smash 4, I usually talk **** about him too b/c I know it's true.

It's just... really annoying.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Noipoi

Howdy!
Arin's saga with Froggy is still one of the funniest things i've seen.

Whenever I draw truly enraged characters I think back to WHAT IS THIS? and the fishing mini-game.

D

Deleted member

It is kind of sad people hate Big *mostly* because of a fishing game in SA that was not executed well.
That was the developer's fault, not Big's fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

sks316

Smash Rookie
NNID
tmnt316
3DS FC
3325-1454-2910
Switch FC
SW-1384-2056-1238
An Pokeball summon is pretty great, if i'm being honest.

A lot of fools people don't keep up with Pokemon anymore, but they still know some of the modern ones because of Smash. Meloetta is one of those Pokemon.

But hey, that's just me. Feel free to disagree.
A Pokeball summon is basically the equivalent of an assist trophy.

D

Deleted member

If we get a Mario 3D World remake, it would be really cool to have Waluigi, Wario and Donkey Kong playable.

Noipoi

Howdy!
A Pokeball summon is basically the equivalent of an assist trophy.
And assist trophies get tons of characters that would otherwise go unnoticed a small chance to shine.

I really like Ashley from Warioware, and I first saw her as an assist trophy in Smash. Sure, it sucks when your favorites aren't playable. But simply being represented isn't a slap in the face, it's Sakurai and the team saying this character still deserves to be represented in some way. An assist trophy is better than nothing. Isaac fans know this all too well.

sks316

Smash Rookie
NNID
tmnt316
3DS FC
3325-1454-2910
Switch FC
SW-1384-2056-1238
Yes, and Assist Trophies are great.
Ah, yet another controversial opinion.
And assist trophies get tons of characters that would otherwise go unnoticed a small chance to shine.

I really like Ashley from Warioware, and I first saw her as an assist trophy in Smash. Sure, it sucks when your favorites aren't playable. But simply being represented isn't a slap in the face, it's Sakurai and the team saying this character still deserves to be represented in some way. An assist trophy is better than nothing. Isaac fans know this all too well.
Yeah, that's fair.
This reads like the end of a Rick and Morty copypasta
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Big the Cat. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Froggy's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Big the Cat truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Big's existencial catchphrase "Froggy! Where are yooou?". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Yuji Uekawa and Naoto Ohshima's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Big the Cat tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wanted to play DKC2. but I don't have a real Super Nintendo so I had to "take matters into my own hands"

Playing Donkey Kong with a keyboard is hard.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Guess who just power-walked 5 and a half miles home, partway up a steep hill, in less then 90 minutes?

My feet hurt.
Ash is the decider because that was the lynchpin last time with that girl.
Very late response, but the only reason that proved anything last time was because it leaked Mallow before her original trailer. It was Mallow's official reveal that confirmed that leak.

D

Deleted member

> when I see a really good Nia cosplayer or fanart

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I walk everywhere too :yoshi:
I actually have a bicycle, but I got a flat tire yet and haven't had a chance to fix it yet, so I had to do things the hard way tonight.
let's get this bread means let's be successful
Ah. Well I was partway joking anyway, but what you originally posted sounded an awful lot like song lyrics.

And you've been posting a lot of song lyrics lately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom