• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I think for Yoshi they'd just give them the same voice actor that he already has and they'd use the same voice for Boshi but rougher as they don't talk in SMRPG they just subtitle it which I would do the same for those two. I don't know many VA's or Actors if I'm gonna be honest with ya.

Also side-note I realized who could voice Geno, Benedict Cumberbatch. I like his accent and I think it could fit with Geno especially since he plays Doctor Strange who is a serious character.
Yoshi directly spoke to you. And potential VAs could be E.C. Daily and Debi Derryberry.

For Boshi I'd use an obviously more masculine voice, maybe Chuck Huber, the voice of Hiei...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Since were on the topic of movies. If you could be a movie director. What movies would you do? Me these would be among them.

Gamera remake: Its one of my dreams to see an American adaption of Gamera using his Heisei origins given the potential of visuals, story, premise but in the modern age and such being directed by Guillermo del Toro but if he couldn't manage to end up doing it and if I could be a movie director. This is definitely one of these movies I'd do without a doubt.

Killer saber-toothed cat movie: I'm a huge hardcore fan of killer creature flicks and definitely my favorites in the horror genre. Being the saber-toothed cats are my favorite Ice Age animals I just die for a decent movie about one with this approach. The only two that's been made were for the SyFy Channel but I'm talking about one with an actual budget. If I could this would be definitely a project I'd do for sure. Whether original or doing an movie adaption for Jeff Rovin's Fatalis which was falsely rumored to had been done by Universal starring Sylvester Stallone.

Historical killer creature flick about the Partridge Creek Monster: An rather obscure cryptid I've been reading into recently that's only had two sightings in the 1900's. This particular cryptid has my interest due to what it is. An supposed ceratosaur covered in fur living in the Yukon and Arctic of all places. My movie on this would be called The Monster of Partridge Creek and it'd be set in 1910 where after two years of the last sighting of the creature it comes again and begins feeding not only on the local caribou and moose but people like hunters as well which the latter prompts locals Tom Leemore, Pierre Lavagneux and five unnamed First Nations to hunt and kill the beast.
double dipping because I can.

Animated movie about two tweens who become Gods. One tries to right all the wrongs in the world, makes things worse. The other acts purely on her selfish impulses, makes things even more worse.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
double dipping because I can.

Animated movie about two tweens who become Gods. One tries to right all the wrongs in the world, makes things worse. The other acts purely on her selfish impulses, makes things even more worse.
Sounds like the premise of an anime/manga. :p

D

Deleted member

Yoshi directly spoke to you. And potential VAs could be E.C. Daily and Debi Derryberry.

For Boshi I'd use an obviously more masculine voice, maybe Chuck Huber, the voice of Hiei...
Really? I must be remembering wrong then I thought they did it a different way but in that case I have no clue as I don't watch many movies or shows. Even if I tried I'm sure you could think up a million better VA's for them that I ever could

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think for Yoshi they'd just give them the same voice actor that he already has and they'd use the same voice for Boshi but rougher as they don't talk in SMRPG they just subtitle it which I would do the same for those two. I don't know many VA's or Actors if I'm gonna be honest with ya.

Also side-note I realized who could voice Geno, Benedict Cumberbatch. I like his accent and I think it could fit with Geno especially since he plays Doctor Strange who is a serious character.
It’s alright if you don’t agree with me, but a voice actor I think would fit Geno is Chris Niosi aka Kirbopher.

And not just because of the meta humor, considering his connection with the game.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Really? I must be remembering wrong then I thought they did it a different way but in that case I have no clue as I don't watch many movies or shows. Even if I tried I'm sure you could think up a million better VA's for them that I ever could
In fact, you NEEDED Yoshi to speak to Boshi for that very reason. He was your translator.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You gotta have Trey Parker voice Porky.

I won't accept any alternatives.
"That's right Ness, you didn't take me seriously, and guess what? This stupid idiot Giygas is now mine, so now you're gonna get it ************! With Giygas's power, you have no choice but to respect my Authoritah!"
"You can't even fight me directly. Get out of that machine Fatboy"
"AY! I'm not fat, I'm just big boned!"

D

Deleted member

It’s alright if you don’t agree with me, but a voice actor I think would fit Geno is Chris Niosi aka Kirbopher.

And not just because of the meta humor as well considering his connection with the game.
That could also work and I think in a hypothetical situation that I really had an opportunity to make a big budget animated adaptation of SMRPG he would do it in a heartbeat. I thought of Mr. Cumberbatch cause I think his accent would fit Geno and he's good at being Serious at times but also a complete dork, which of course fits Geno perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That could also work and I think in a hypothetical situation that I really had an opportunity to make a big budget animated adaptation of SMRPG he would do it in a heartbeat. I thought of Mr. Cumberbatch cause I think his accent would fit Geno and he's good at being Serious at times but also a complete dork.
Yeah that’s kinda why I thought Niosi would be a good pick as well, he seems to hit those same notes for me. (Plus I’m a sucker for meta humor tbh)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah that’s kinda why I thought Niosi would be a good pick as well.
I think either of them would be great choices so I really don't care one way or the other if I went to Cumberbatch and he said no well then Niosi would be my second choice and vice versa.

D

Deleted member

A Mario movie should have its own kind of unique presentation, like Spider Verse had.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think either of them would be great choices so I really don't care one way or the other if I went to Cumberbatch and he said no well then Niosi would be my second choice and vice versa.
I think Cumberbatch would fit for a movie adaptation while Niosi would fit more for games or a animated series.

D

Deleted member

In fact, you NEEDED Yoshi to speak to Boshi for that very reason. He was your translator.
to not accidentally be rude and ignore you, I remember that you needed Yoshi to translate for you but I forgot almost everything else about Yo'ster as I hated that place. That Race man, it was so annoying.

D

Deleted member

I already have a good idea of where the story for my Mario movie is going. Its a canon re-telling of the first Mario game, but fleshed out more, and more in line with recent Mario games like Odyssey.

D

Deleted member

By the way @ShotoStar here's what Chuck Huber's Hiei sounds like:

That snarky ***hat voice, yet calm and soothing. Perfect for Boshi :yoshi:
I imagined Boshi would be way more Snarky than that but the voice also works too. Pick your Poison I have no idea what voice I would give Boshi despite me being a huge SMRPG fan I never thought of what voice I would give to the characters outside of the main cast.

I think Cumberbatch would fit for a movie adaptation while Niosi would fit more for games or a animated series.
I think so too, Both of them work terrifically it's just a matter of what you're looking for I guess.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I imagined Boshi would be way more Snarky than that but the voice also works too. Pick your Poison I have no idea what voice I would give Boshi despite me being a huge SMRPG fan I never thought of what voice I would give to the characters outside of the main cast.

I think so too, Both of them work terrifically it's just a matter of what you're looking for I guess.
While we’re on the subject, do you have any suggestions for Mallow?

D

Deleted member

While we’re on the subject, do you have any suggestions for Mallow?
I think Tara Strong would work well as I always imagine his voice sounding very young and like a kid which Tara does excellently, Mallows personality always struck me as the type to sound very young and Tara Strong could do that very well.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I hope all of you have a wonderful night and enjoy the rest of your weekend. If Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen shows her mug around here, tell her she knows where she can find me. Then it's curtains for her. :EvilBub:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Take it from the guy who spent more time thinking about Boshi's voice than perhaps ANY OTHER HUMAN BEING ON THE PLANET. He obviously needs to contrast with the other Yoshi voices, but he also has to sound like he means business. Having a gimmicky voice, like surfer or gangster would ruin that imo :yoshi:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Geno should sound like one of two things.

If they want to go for comedy, give him Mandark's voice.
If they want to play it more seriously, Mick Wingert's take on Jeorge is a good fit.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think Tara Strong would work well as I always imagine his voice sounding very young and like a kid which Tara does excellently, Mallows personality always struck me as the type to sound very young and Tara Strong could do that very well.
Alright, yeah I think she could work.

A VA I actually thought of recently that could work for Mallow would be Casey Mongillo, I was thinking maybe something similar to this performance, maybe a bit younger?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom