• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I accept Gomi’s versions of the Squid Sisters as canon, especially considering that they correctly guessed that Callie was afraid of ghosts:

BZocky

Smash Ace
Alright so earlier tonight I had no idea I wanted this but I made a rough moveset for an NES Sports rep and here it is now
(I still don't know how the original form would look)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I have a horrible confession to make.

I find squids, and by extention squid-kids, to be kind of gross. They way the latter coats everything in colorful ink does not help.

It's why I've never touched Splatoon, despite how fun it looks.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alright so earlier tonight I had no idea I wanted this but I made a rough moveset for an NES Sports rep and here it is now
(I still don't know how the original form would look)

Just as long as their victory screen says "A winner is you!" in some shape or form

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Different focus I would say. And that the Smash fanbase given its cross-over nature, contains multiple fanbases from which some are not really that nice to begin with. Metroid for example can be pretty bad as demonstrated by the reaction of Federation Force, the developers had to take time off due to low morale. Plus regarding reddit, its pretty much equally if not worse than the chans sometimes.
I still feel bad for Next Level Games. I can understand the fanbase being a bit irritated over the bad timing, but that in no way justifies the vitriol and sheer hatred they got for just working on it. They still don't even have the game on their site, and honestly I can't blame them for feeling so down on the game after all that.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
When I was in the second grade, on your birthday you got a picture frame filled with compliments written about you by the other students. I legitimately thought that mine would be blank. Because I thought everyone hated me. I’m still like that. I still think now one likes me. But the kicker was, that frame wasn’t blank. It was all in my head. But when you have a problem that internalized that it’s coming out when your 8, it’s extremely hard to get rid of. You move on through life with it because you can’t get rid of it. You see a persons scowl and you don’t see the bad day they’re having, you see the obvious fact that they hate everything about you. That kind of toxicity doesn’t go away. It effects the way you act around other people. To the point where you end up making it true. Everyone does hate you now, because you made it that way through your own reactions. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy. It’s almost impossible to get rid of. And it makes even the idea of putting yourself in new environments to try to make friends almost impossible.

In the new DuckTales cartoon, we see Huey, Dewey, and Louie’s mom for the first time. She sings them a lullaby about adventure and family to them as eggs. It’s really touching. My first reaction to hearing it was “I want to sing that to my kids”. My biggest fear in life is that I’ll never have anyone to sing it to. That I’ll be alone for the rest of my life. That I’ll never have that bond with someone. That I’ll never get to be the shoulder they cry on when a rainstorm spooks them. That I’ll never get to be the shoulders they sit on to get a better look at the giraffes. That I’ll never get to be their guide through life, helping them to not make the same mistakes I did. That I’ll never have a partner to share any of that with. That I’ll never know what it’s like to love someone unconditionally and have them love you back. I worry about all that. I’m terrified of being alone. I lash out people online when I try to enter groups and people disagree with me because I’m worried they’re going to change sand move on and leave me. I respond with yeahs and cools and “of courses” to the girls I meet on OKCupid because I’m terrified that my first relationship could end before we even officially meet. And I fear entering new spaces in the real world because I’m terrified that they’re going to hate me before they even know me.

I wish I could figure out why this happens. I wish I could explain it and I wish I could get rid of it. I wish I could figure out what made me this way so that I could maybe fix it. But I can’t do anything like that. There’s no magic fix. That includes just toughening up and getting over it. If you’ve ever told anyone to do that you likely just made their problems worse.

I don’t know where I’m going with any of the. Maybe I just need to get it all out there.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Moydow Moydow you got me in the first half not gonna lie but i gotta put this switch up

GGs

That last match was completely downloaded though

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When I was in the second grade, on your birthday you got a picture frame filled with compliments written about you by the other students. I legitimately thought that mine would be blank. Because I thought everyone hated me. I’m still like that. I still think now one likes me. But the kicker was, that frame wasn’t blank. It was all in my head. But when you have a problem that internalized that it’s coming out when your 8, it’s extremely hard to get rid of. You move on through life with it because you can’t get rid of it. You see a persons scowl and you don’t see the bad day they’re having, you see the obvious fact that they hate everything about you. That kind of toxicity doesn’t go away. It effects the way you act around other people. To the point where you end up making it true. Everyone does hate you now, because you made it that way through your own reactions. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy. It’s almost impossible to get rid of. And it makes even the idea of putting yourself in new environments to try to make friends almost impossible.

In the new DuckTales cartoon, we see Huey, Dewey, and Louie’s mom for the first time. She sings them a lullaby about adventure and family to them as eggs. It’s really touching. My first reaction to hearing it was “I want to sing that to my kids”. My biggest fear in life is that I’ll never have anyone to sing it to. That I’ll be alone for the rest of my life. That I’ll never have that bond with someone. That I’ll never get to be the shoulder they cry on when a rainstorm spooks them. That I’ll never get to be the shoulders they sit on to get a better look at the giraffes. That I’ll never get to be their guide through life, helping them to not make the same mistakes I did. That I’ll never have a partner to share any of that with. That I’ll never know what it’s like to love someone unconditionally and have them love you back. I worry about all that. I’m terrified of being alone. I lash out people online when I try to enter groups and people disagree with me because I’m worried they’re going to change sand move on and leave me. I respond with yeahs and cools and “of courses” to the girls I meet on OKCupid because I’m terrified that my first relationship could end before we even officially meet. And I fear entering new spaces in the real world because I’m terrified that they’re going to hate me before they even know me.

I wish I could figure out why this happens. I wish I could explain it and I wish I could get rid of it. I wish I could figure out what made me this way so that I could maybe fix it. But I can’t do anything like that. There’s no magic fix. That includes just toughening up and getting over it. If you’ve ever told anyone to do that you likely just made their problems worse.

I don’t know where I’m going with any of the. Maybe I just need to get it all out there.
Not quite sure of the context here, but trust me, I've gone through this exact thing. I feel ya. It's a spiral of misery, where you just end up becoming more and more of a recluse. Ultimately there's no miracle cure, it's never that easy, but the moment you stop worrying about what others think of you and instead worry about what you could do to make others think better of you is when you start making an effort to put an end to the spiral.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
god dammit why didnt i save that last fight

i forgot i could even save matches

that was such a good download

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All I can hear is Red’s new and horrible voice (DANGIT)
Some more Leaf:
View attachment 198784
View attachment 198783
View attachment 198785
SERIOUSLY! WHY WASN’T SHE IN SUN & MOON?!
Leaf is the only female trainer I need in Smash (Hilda and the Brit can join another day)
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
But you’re supposed to be dead

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I still feel bad for Next Level Games. I can understand the fanbase being a bit irritated over the bad timing, but that in no way justifies the vitriol and sheer hatred they got for just working on it. They still don't even have the game on their site, and honestly I can't blame them for feeling so down on the game after all that.
I honestly still get kind of annoyed about how....childish the reaction to that game was. It's not what the fanbase wanted at the time but I don't think that excuses the amount of sheer hatred and vileness that was thrown around. Especially considering tmk the fanbase had actually wanted a game or something focusing on the federation for a while. It's not even like it ended up being a bad game, it was alright from what I played. But it was a game that people just never allowed to have an actual chance because it wasn't what they wanted, when they wanted. :/

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
All I can hear is Red’s new and horrible voice (DANGIT)
I’m still not sure why they didn’t have Bryce Papenbrook return from Origins, I thought he did a decent job as Red.

Leaf is the only female trainer I need in Smash (Hilda and the Brit can join another day)
As long as that sentiment doesn’t apply to female Champions...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
View attachment 198785
SERIOUSLY! WHY WASN’T SHE IN SUN & MOON?!
Really cheeses me she wasn't in Sun & Moon. Would have fit all of the Kanto trio being in the game.

But instead it's only Sakurai that gives us the Leaf love. Until Lets Go kinda. With the weird, psycho off-shoot of Manga Blue.

Iridium

Smash Hero
All I ever look for is good art.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The important left-handed version exists in the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom