• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
and Isabelle’s trailer was clearly also advertising the upcoming AC game
i mean the trailer, obviously, but... but the character inclusion?
I don't know what kinda pill you're takin but you're seeing too clearly. :214: Take off the tin foil, son.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm agreeing with you and making a paradox.
Regardless of the context, agreeing with me just means that I'm right and says nothing about you.
At least, that's how it works in GhosterTown.

There is a bill in progress to change that though- finally, I got tired of being the only one allowed to be correct.
Explain Rex and Pyra's popularity, then...
People like them for the articles. Just the articles.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's hard for me to picture how Inkling would have been received in this scenario.

My bias wants to say "Just as well as they were here in Ultimate!" but IDK. I really do like to think people would have been fine with it because Inklings are cute and they have a really heckin' fun moveset.
It more comes down to, plain and simple, people liking the character. People who hate Corrin use the "it was only promotion" argument or the "their game wasn't even out yet" argument as a way to legitimize their disliking of the character as an objective fact instead of a personal opinion. The actual circumstances of why/when Corrin was added to the game have nothing to do with it; being another FE character/anime swordie and being the main character of a game that wasn't actually received THAT well is the true reason people don't like Corrin.

If Inkling, a universally well regarded character design in a universally well regarded game, had been released in the exact same scenario that Corrin was, nobody would be using these arguments.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Can you guys stop taking my quotes out of context?

Sakurai literally stated that they left a slot for a Pokémon character and they chose for S&M and Isabelle’s trailer was clearly also advertising the upcoming AC game, just because they’re weren’t solely picked for promotions doesn’t mean it didn’t play a part in it.

Sigh...I really need to stop talking about this whole Smash Bubble vs Causal characters thing....
No matter what, a Pokemon slot was inevitable

We're talking about the highest grossing media franchise in the world (bigger than the likes of Star Wars, Harry Potter, and even Mickey Mouse), and one that got a brief resurgence in popularity, thanks to stuff like Pokemon GO...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And it will never be Piñata Garden related...

Seriously I feel like the only one who has invested serious time into Viva Piñata
Been a long time since I dealt with Viva Piñata
what if everyone gets alternate costumes through dlc but they’re just causal clothes?

like just everyday street clothes and the only exceptions are characters who already wear normal clothes (:ultness::ultinkling::ultvillager:) or characters that don’t wear anything at all (:ultpikachu::ultkirby::ultridley:)
But :ultpit: is already in street clothes (cause he never stop wearing them...and rarely cleans them cause he’s a cheap *** angel) and the closest to street clothes :ultpalutena: can get is being in the nude (while under the hot springs of course...keep that E10+ rating)
I'll bet money that if she wasn't the last newcomer/op Bayonetta would've been accepted with open arms like Joker
Not after we realized how evil she was in Smash 4
Because people were jealous of how hot they are?
:ultcorrinf: is hot...:ultcorrin: is not

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
No matter what, A Pokemon slot was inevitable

We're talking about the highest grossing media franchise in the world (bigger than the likes of Star Wars, Harry Potter, and even Mickey Mouse), and one that got a brief resurgence in popularity, thanks to stuff like Pokemon GO...
It was no doubt, especially that they officially confirmed it but I just found it bad timing to make him the last reveal and yes, I know Shulk and Olimar were the final base newcomers of their games but still.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Agreed.

...except for people who were calling her out with gendered insults, I doubt they'd ever be okay with it.
they just need to ask their mums how to talk to ladies

Sakurai literally stated that they left a slot for a Pokémon character and they chose for S&M and Isabelle’s trailer was clearly also advertising the upcoming AC game, just because they’re weren’t solely picked for promotions doesn’t mean it didn’t play a part in it.

Sigh...I really need to stop talking about this whole Smash Bubble vs Causal characters thing....
Saks leaves a slot for a Pokemon character not to shill the newest game but because Pokemon are super popular choices despite what the Smash bubble thinks. Isa's trailer was promotion but not the character itself.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I know Shulk and Olimar were the base newcomers of their games but still.
But, by your logic, Shulk was an ad character too.

After Shulk's trailer was the reveal of the 3DS Xenoblade port.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That one guy who was a fan of Meow Meow Mario finally gets his wish!
Well if you make it sound cute like that I'll want it in too :p
well, just give everyone a cat ear option that changes their taunts to cute cat ones and i'll be good.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I assume Osby means people who kept screaming "CANINE OF THE FEMININE SEX!" or "PROSTITUTE!"
Ah yeah. Yeah there were those people and that's a shame.

Both games are super fun and I can't wait for the 3rd, just hope it matches and maybe even outmatches DMC5

I'd be cool to have a 3rd witch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I assume Osby means people who kept screaming "CANINE OF THE FEMININE SEX!" or "PROSTITUTE!"
Smh you could've said "RHYMES WITH WITCH" and it would've fit better thematically. :p

D

Deleted member

It was no doubt, especially that they officially confirmed it but I just found it bad timing to make him the last reveal and yes, I know Shulk and Olimar were the final base newcomers of their games but still.
can we all agree that sakurai doesn't give two ****s about what people THINK should be the final newcomers when revealing the big hitters early gets that sweet sweet early preorder counter up

osby

Smash Obsessed
What? I've never heard of that.
Because it was never a big thing, it just made an impact for me. I remember Lucina also getting some.

Thankfully, it's far from being common but yeah, I'm pretty sure some people have problems with some newcomers just because they are not males. "Sakurai just added her because she's his waifu" comments aside.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultcorrin: is still the default Smash skin so therefore he is the only canon Corrin, because we all know Smash dictates FE law nowadays.

ha, you're a foot fetishist
Jokes on you Heroes (due to there being more of her...obviously) and Warriors give you the :ultcorrinf: as default
you will not survive the winter OR the summer
You’re right...I will survive all

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
...That wasn’t my point but ok.
to be fair
lets scratch it all

everyone is a ****ing ad character if you put enough tinfoil around your head. it encourages people to try other series games or whatever.

D

Deleted member

Because it was never a big thing, it just made an impact for me. I remember Lucina also getting some.

Thankfully, it's far from being common but yeah, I'm pretty sure some people have problems with some newcomers just because they are not males. "Sakurai just added her because she's his waifu" comments aside.
dae lucina flat chest lol xD xD

just go jerk off to ike already cowards

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jokes on you Heroes (due to there being more of her...obviously) and Warriors give you the :ultcorrinf: as default
Neither of those are canon. Don't you know? Joining Smash is the fourth option of Fates.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

But they didn't. There's no context that helps your argument.

The lifetime sales of Pokemon S&M-- and US&UM-- were basically over with by the time Incineroar was announced, let alone playable. If that were the reason for his inclusion, they have a ****ing terrible marketing team. You're confusing "promotion" with "celebration".

Isabelle is the new face of the AC franchise and has been since New Leaf's release in 2012. She's been the lead promotional character in New Leaf, Happy Home Designer, amiibo Festival and Pocket Camp. If you legitimately want to make the argument that Isabelle was included in Sakurai's original game plan back in 2015 for marketing purposes just because of the way they structured a 2018 Nintendo Direct, and not because she was simply an iconic character from a premier Nintendo series, then I have no idea what to tell you.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultcorrin: is still the default Smash skin so therefore he is the only canon Corrin, because we all know Smash dictates FE law nowadays.

ha, you're a foot fetishist
You might want to tell this to FE Warriors.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It was no doubt, especially that they officially confirmed it but I just found it bad timing to make him the last reveal and yes, I know Shulk and Olimar were the base newcomers of their games but still.
Nah... not really...
They revealed the most hype characters, as early as possible, so they could assure sales from the Smash fans
They already got them sold with characters like :ultridley: and :ultkrool:.

It made sense that characters like :ultisabelle: and :ultincineroar: were revealed last. Imagine if they were the first revealed, y'all would still be complaining...

Heck, no matter when they were revealed, y'all would still be complaining. Because let's face it, you're not just unhappy of when they were revealed, you're likely unhappy that they were included in the first place...

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

That too is a shame. Though on the topic of newcomers I wanted Chun-Li so god damn bad.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You might want to tell this to FE Warriors.
female corrin is also the one used in the classic mode banner, not male

honestly male corrin still being default under these circumstances is bizarre, and i imagine female will be the default if corrin returns in the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom