• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

On one hand, XB2 was popular enough to have increased awareness in the Smash Bubble.

On the other hand, Pyra's two big Smash Bubbles.
Pyra also will be there for you AND TAKE CARE OF YOU, unlike some blonde heathens.
though let's be real nia and pandy are best ones

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, bottom line is: Dark Samus was added for promoting MP4 delay.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Isabelle's trailer was definitely timed to help promote the upcoming AC game.

The character itself was added on her own merits, though. AC's new mascot and all.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nah... not really...
They revealed the most hype characters, as early as possible, so they could assure sales from the Smash fans
They already got them sold with characters like :ultridley: and :ultkrool:.

It made sense that characters like :ultisabelle: and :ultincineroar: were revealed last. Imagine if they were the first revealed, y'all would still be complaining...

Heck, no matter when they were revealed, y'all would still be complaining, because let's face it, you're not just unhappy of when they were revealed, you're likely unhappy that they were included in the first place...
Preach on, Ramen.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Isabelle's trailer was definitely timed to help promote the upcoming AC game.

The character itself was added on her own merits, though. AC's new mascot and all.
On the contrary, Street Fighter Animal Crossing was created to advertise Isabelle's inclusion in Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
:ultsimon::ultrichter: were advertising the new Castlevania pachinko game Konami made instead of making a new Castlevania.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
:ultkrool:was in to advertise how ****ty it is for characters/franchises to go missing for decade(s) on end.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is having Ness in Smash not just advertising the real world?
dude when the **** do i leave my house and beat up an eldtrich demon celestial being of immense univeral power by praying to big jahsehesus?

:ultkrool:was in to advertise how ****ty it is for characters/franchises to go missing for decade(s) on end.
Nah, he was just in for DKC: Tropical Freeze on Switch. It's Funky Kong in his scaly suit.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Nah... not really...
They revealed the most hype characters, as early as possible, so they could assure sales from the Smash fans
They already got them sold with characters like :ultridley: and :ultkrool:.

It made sense that characters like :ultisabelle: and :ultincineroar: were revealed last. Imagine if they were the first revealed, y'all would still be complaining...

Heck, no matter when they were revealed, y'all would still be complaining. Because let's face it, you're not just unhappy of when they were revealed, you're likely unhappy that they were included in the first place...
Yeah pretty much this. It seems the complaints coming from Isabelle and Incineroar is just "BuT wHaT aBoUt GeNo?!" and such. Frankly I'm very happy with those two, and I'm glad they were put in the game. I think Sakurai made the right choice adding them in.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean theybare both cute. Just one is more popular because shes a girl
Yes but it doesnt hurt that Corrin's design is effeminate to begin with.

And who the hell wants to see guys' feet.
Don't answer that.

Point is, the overall design seems to be meant for a female in a traditional sense then applied to a male afterward, in a similar but opposite way that Robin's was.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Explain Rex and Pyra's popularity, then...
I don't know what harem anime I'm watching with either, but something something "she's your sister" vs "she's actually thousands of years old"

But really, any reason outside of actual gameplay. By Smash 4, the last thing I could care about was more swords (even if the rest of Corrin's kit is actually neat, it wasn't my style and not what I was looking forward to paying for since they also were the only original DLC character to not come with their own stage).

I didn't play XB2 myself but I watched enough playthroughs that I could see how it would make for an interesting moveset. I'm holding hope costumes/spirit don't end up actually disconfirming anything, though it wouldn't be the end of the world if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom