• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Billybo has released his next episode.

Klonoa
Chance: 1%
Want: 60%

Ryu Hayabusa
Chance: 75%
Want: 75%

Rayman
Chance: 0%
Want: 45%

Crono
Chance: 25%
Want: 100%

Agree or disagree?
Disagree with Ryu and Rayman in regards to the chance scores he gave them.

For Ryu he basically just said "there aren't many counterpoints against him so he's very likely" (which can apply to a ton of other characters) and mentioned leaks which IIRC have been debunked. Even if they weren't debunked that is still a really high chance score.

For Rayman I get what he means in that spirits hurt fighter's chances but giving a flat out 0% chance rating is way too harsh. You have to remember that Nintendo gave Sakurai the DLC choices to choose from so for all we know Nintendo couldn't care less about spirits.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I get what you mean. But I don't think Halo 5 man is as sick as Nero is.

Personal preference would be Dante > Nero > Vergil myself. Again, I'm mentioning Nero this time around since I think more of his toolkit could be in the game without as much trouble. I also wanted an excuse to use that image.

I guess for me that'd be like adding Zero(MMX version) over Mega Man X. Zero's cool and all, but he's not my favorite by any means.
I think Nero's would be more difficult to implement if anything. Outside of Style Switching which Dante doesn't even get until 4, Nero's got far more unique stuff going for him like Reving, 3 levels of Exceed, Snatch, Busters, Summon Swords, and his DTs.

Otherwise Dante's just got a massive toolbox they switch out most games while his most iconic moveset with Rebellion and E&I is relatively simple. At most you could make him more complex with a gauntlet weapon and Coyote-A.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just a topic I thought about and wanted to bring up, what video game series do you guys want to have a new/better animated series?

For me I’d love to work on animated series based off Pac-Man that takes more elements from the video game but has its own storylines and Shantae which would be moreso adapting the plotlines from the games into an animated and episodic format but still has some new storylines as well.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Just a topic I thought about and wanted to bring up, what video game series do you guys want to have a new/better animated series?

For me I’d love to work on animated series based off Pac-Man that takes more elements from the video game but has its own storylines and Shantae which would be moreso adapting the plotlines from the games into an animated and episodic format but still has some new storylines as well.
Unpopular opinion incoming, but I’d love to see a reboot of the Parrappa The Rapper anime’s series that doesn’t make me die inside, and has a new, unique, and fresh animation style.

D

Deleted member

They just gave Bayo her guns, so they'd probably limit Dante to Rebellion plus Ebony and Ivory, maybe a gloves weapon too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'd say Devil May Cry could use another series, the anime is canon but a retelling of the game would be fun.

WAIT A MINUTE

In all seriousness just give me Del Toro and Brie Larson on a Metroid movie

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

I would kill for a King of Fighters anime. It has so much potential considering how many characters there are in the games.

This is the closest we'll probably get for now.

D

Deleted member

I think this is my last week of the Pranked gang, actually. I’ll miss the purple.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Splatoon the animated series.

Damn it.
*poke poke* come oooooon, die already
It’s lonely being the only dead person in the thread
I've got 151 years left, bucko.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think I have become very snarky in person towards other, and I cannot tell if I should find that a problem.

Anime to me are way better than most other forms of animated series nowadays, and you already know I will say Zelda. And Fire Emblem, since it already has the appeal going for it. Ninja Gaiden actually would be sick at the very least too.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I made a Dante moveset a while ago using JUST Rebellion so it's certainly doable, my idea had him a combo focused character with his specials mostly focusing on Trickster style and Devil Trigger. Though tbf I DID borrow a suplex from Nero
I feel like I'd mostly have Dante with Rebellion + Beowulf or an equivalent. Stinger as his Dash Attack, Prop/Shred, Lightning Legs, and "GO TO HYELL" as his Smash Attacks. Kick 13 as a Side Special, Killer Bee as a Dive Kick. Aerial Rave as his F-Air combo. High Time for recovery. Drive as his projectile. Fireworks(if it's allowed) as his N-Air.

Maybe Dance Macabre in DT as his Final Smash.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, hi btw
I'm not gonna be here long, might be here for a bit again tomorrow and wednesday but aside from that I definitely won't be back until the 18th

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Billybo has released his next episode.

Klonoa
Chance: 1%
Want: 60%

Ryu Hayabusa
Chance: 75%
Want: 75%

Rayman
Chance: 0%
Want: 45%

Crono
Chance: 25%
Want: 100%

Agree or disagree?
This just reminds me that I need to work on my first RTC group.
The Current Plan for Group 1 is:
  • Rex and Pyra
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Gen 8 Pokémon
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses Rep
  • Leon Kennedy
Any other character suggestions? It'll be my only one in a while, so speak now or forever hold your piece (or at least hold it for a couple of months).

Before you ask I won't discuss Geno since I already did in my Square Enix Character Argument post.

Expect it in a month or so. I'm busy with classes and applications, so I won't have much time to make what is essentially a collection of research essays.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Rex and Pyra
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Gen 8 Pokémon
  • Leon Kennedy
Any other character suggestions? It'll be my only one in a while, so speak now or forever hold your piece (or at least hold it for a couple of months).

Before you ask I won't discuss Geno since I already did in my Square Enix Character Argument post.

Expect it in a month or so. I'm busy with classes and applications, so I won't have much time to make what is essentially a collection of research essays.
do mario

Noipoi

Howdy!
  • Rex and Pyra
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Gen 8 Pokémon
  • Leon Kennedy

Sans

Or Undertale in general

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I feel like I'd mostly have Dante with Rebellion + Beowulf or an equivalent. Stinger as his Dash Attack, Prop/Shred, Lightning Legs, and "GO TO HYELL" as his Smash Attacks. Kick 13 as a Side Special, Killer Bee as a Dive Kick. Aerial Rave as his F-Air combo. High Time for recovery. Drive as his projectile. Fireworks(if it's allowed) as his N-Air.

Maybe Dance Macabre in DT as his Final Smash.
lol I had Stinger as a dash attack and Prop Shredder as a smash attack and Aerial Rave as his Fair too. I did give him a unique down special though, uhhh whatever the move where he throws Rebellion is called. He can toss Rebellion away and it'll stick in enemies, making them 'bleed' by taking damage over time but Dante loses range and power on almost every move he has. Final Smash was just going crazy while a Style meter appears with Jackpot as the finisher

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking game TV series, a Metroid Cartoon like Samurai Jack, and a Mega Man cartoon that's based on the games or Archie comics is welcomed. Maybe a Street Fighter cartoon actually focused on Ryu.

Mortal Kombat should get an Adult Swim series too, since the Fatalities are a part of it and all.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
  • Rex and Pyra
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Gen 8 Pokémon
  • Leon Kennedy

Neku Sakuraba and/or Terry Bogard

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Well since Pokemon and Granblue Fantasy already have ongoing anime series... I guess I'll go w/ my really weird, but cool idea:

An anime/animated series focused solely on Nintendo villains/anti-heroes. Mix of action and comedy.

I know it'll never happen, but it would be my dream video game animated series.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
lol I had Stinger as a dash attack and Prop Shredder as a smash attack and Aerial Rave as his Fair too. I did give him a unique down special though, uhhh whatever the move where he throws Rebellion is called. He can toss Rebellion away and it'll stick in enemies, making them 'bleed' by taking damage over time but Dante loses range and power on almost every move he has. Final Smash was just going crazy while a Style meter appears with Jackpot as the finisher
That's just called Sword Toss I think.

There's also the spinning version called Round Trip that shows up in most games. Either with Dante in DMC 1, Vergil in 3, Trish in 4 and Dante again in 5. Trish might have had it in DMC2, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

D

Deleted member

I know it's impossible but a lot of Brave's stats seem to match what Zoe could be

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom