• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Quality.

If you want to be popular here, you either need to provide quality work, quality ****posts, quality discussion, and/or quality speculation.

I personally like to dally in the latter three, but some users find more success in one over the others.
Don't forget Quality Character Stanning.

D

Deleted member

Do you guys ever think about how we are all anons? Not even just the internet, but the world. We try to make an image out of ourselves, even though it is near hopeless trying to guarantee that. The perception of our surroundings can be shaped by the ability to reach the upper echelons, yet weakness feeds on itself to grow. To be indistinguishable poses just as much of a threat to one's conscience than to be distinguishable.
Everyone is the protagonist of their own story, but we are also the actors and extras in the lifes of others. Our actions and inactions determine the outcome of this play called life.
Wish I could remember who said this in the first place.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey, are you OK? You aren't horribly sick or anything, right?
I'm talking about CASH MONEY.

The extent of my physical ailments is having psoriasis, which, while causing me to suffer long bouts of dry, itchy, scaly skin that hurts enough to ruin my sleep schedule and heavily distract me from my current studies and job, isn't necessarily life threatening.

Side note: Psoriasis sucks. Feel blessed that you don't have that ****, because it doesn't go away.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh please we've all entered a fake birth date on one of those things before.

Fun fact I'm not actually thirty. I put in a fake birthday when I was eight and I've just stuck with it.
How old are you actually?

Like Zinith Zinith I'm also actually 28. I've never lied about my age on anything that mattered (I've absolutely lied about my age on sites that don't need sign-ups :laugh:).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
How old are you actually?

Like Zinith Zinith I'm also actually 28. I've never lied about my age on anything that mattered (I've absolutely lied about my age on sites that don't need sign-ups :laugh:).
I mean if you admit you were 8 when you joined, you should be 18-19 now, correct?
Ohmygod guys I was joking.

I really am thirty. 1/7/89. I blame that for my poor reaction time when playing in arenas.

D

Deleted member

To expand on Iridium's point:

Do you all ever daydream of the possibility we are all puppets of the real masters of the universe? The extraterrestrial life created us for their humor? That is why we all hide in images and stay anonymous. The extraterrestrial life can chant that we are acting in preserving the unknown factor of what describes our bodies. The extraterrestrial life has done these deeds too, but they are pure. We try to create a perception in our surroundings to gain attention to reach the tall, ever growing upper echelons. We are indistinguishable, but our image will change if we are distinguished upon others. Our conscience and attitude will change, and our perspective of this strange website may change. We all orchestrate the quality of working to entertain our masters above us in another dimension unreachable from us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Did my joke make it sound like I have a major in philosophy? Let us pretend so, because you cannot say otherwise. Nobody is allowed to say otherwise.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Do you all ever daydream of the possibility we are all puppets of the real masters of the universe? The extraterrestrial life created us for their humor? That is why we all hide in images and stay anonymous. The extraterrestrial life can chant that we are acting in preserving the unknown factor of what describes our bodies. The extraterrestrial life has done these deeds too, but they are pure. We try to create a perception in our surroundings to gain attention to reach the tall, ever growing upper echelons. We are indistinguishable, but our image will change if we are distinguished upon others. Our conscience and attitude will change, and our perspective of this strange website may change. We all orchestrate the quality of working to entertain our masters above us in another dimension unreachable from us.
uhhhhhhh

no.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Maybe.

Maybe you're over-thinking things.

Maybe people hide behind masks because they've been taught that what makes them unique is something to be ashamed of by both their peers and those of the previous generations.

There doesn't need to be some cosmic conspiracy for this to be true.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Look Shiny, I have my sense of reality in check, okay! And I'm positive that I'm a powerful reptilian creature trapped in a shlubby human male body... :yoshi:

Wait, hold on...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Did my joke make it sound like I have a major in philosophy? Let us pretend so, because you cannot say otherwise. Nobody is allowed to say otherwise.
Everyone knows that having a Ph.D. is the key to success, happiness and a general sense of superiority that one can laud over the lesser clods who don't have a Ph.D.

Nobody knows this better than Dr. Brian Wecht, who has a Ph.D.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Playing through Tropical Freeze, and i'm loving the new remixes of old songs. I hope they bring back the Kremlings for the next one, i'd love new remixes of their songs.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Your place on the hierarchy depends on your main and how you play them.

MAIN: Any character
PLAYSTYLE: Galaxy brain or Average brain.

A Galaxy brain Link is higher on the hierarchy than an Average brain Link, for example.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's my secret, Iridium.

I'm always thinking about how we are all anons. Not even just the internet, but the world. We try to make an image out of ourselves, even though it is near hopeless trying to guarantee that. The perception of our surroundings can be shaped by the ability to reach the upper echelons, yet weakness feeds on itself to grow. To be indistinguishable poses just as much of a threat to one's conscience than to be distinguishable.
Hulk couldn’t do this **** once in Infinity War out of spite...and now half the world is dead cause of his selfish green ***

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hulk couldn’t do this **** once in Infinity War out of spite...and now half the world is dead cause of his selfish green ***
Don't forget not destroying Vision a lot sooner (Who was even willing to give up his damn life!)
Mantis not keeping her god damn mouth shut.
Gamora seeking her father out rather not going into hiding.
Nebula not knocking Star-Lord out given she wasn't doing anything at that moment.
Thor not aiming for Thanos' arm to chop it off.

So many opportunities the heroes had to winning but otherwise ignored so there'd be an Avengers 4. Out of all of these I blame Mantis the most for making things worst.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have no damn idea how I got so "Popular" I just do what I do best.

Draw and be friendly/funny.
Visual content works wonders for popularity. People spend most of their days staring at white text on a grey backdrop so it's nice to see a pretty picture once in a while. Plus you're generally positive and not very argumentative so that generally gets you on a lot of people's good sides.

NineS

Smash Lord
Do you guys ever think about how we are all anons? Not even just the internet, but the world. We try to make an image out of ourselves, even though it is near hopeless trying to guarantee that. The perception of our surroundings can be shaped by the ability to reach the upper echelons, yet weakness feeds on itself to grow. To be indistinguishable poses just as much of a threat to one's conscience than to be distinguishable.
Oh, I'm thinking about that kind of thing 24/7.

I think it's opened my mind a bit, and made me a bit more understanding of other people.
I just try to remind others of this exact same thing to hopefully have the same effect on them.

Here's another one, everyone you've ever known in life you met by chance. There's even more people you'll never meet, befriend, or even fall for just because you chose not to take that chance that one time.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright guys... real talk.

I got a Polticial Science midterm in less than 12 hours and while I do know the material... somewhat well, I'm afraid my nerves will get the best of me.

And I got a Comp Sci midterm in about 36 hours that I'm significantly more worried about.

Anyone got any tips for dealing w/ stress?

KMDP

Smash Legend

I got a Polticial Science midterm in less than 12 hours and while I do know the material... somewhat well, I'm afraid my nerves will get the best of me.

And I got a Comp Sci midterm in about 36 hours that I'm significantly more worried about.

I've heard that repeating some variation of "I'm not scared, I'm excited." to yourself works pretty well.

Basically, convince yourself that the negative emotion you're feeling is a positive one and you'll handle it better.

D

Deleted member

Normally I go for a walk/run/work out while listening to my playlist or a podcast when Im stressed. Alternatively, I just watch funny videos on yt

Noipoi

Howdy!
Is it weird that I think of my life in Arcs? Like "Oh that was during the Q2 2014 arc", or "That was during the Q3 2016 arc!" Right now i'm in the "Q1 2019 arc!"

Almost like a show?

Music always helps me. Lose yourself to the beat, temporarily forget your troubles.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There's even more people you'll never meet, befriend, or even fall for just because you chose not to take that chance that one time.
And I am all the better for it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh, I'm thinking about that kind of thing 24/7.

I think it's opened my mind a bit, and made me a bit more understanding of other people.
I just try to remind others of this exact same thing to hopefully have the same effect on them.

Here's another one, everyone you've ever known in life you met by chance. There's even more people you'll never meet, befriend, or even fall for just because you chose not to take that chance that one time.
Listen, there's an infinite amount of alternate versions of me that are currently living a WAAAAAAY better life than I am.
At the same time though, there's also an infinite amount of versions of me whose lives are possibly waaaaaaaay crappier.

So y'know, you take what you can get.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Listen, there's an infinite amount of alternate versions of me that are currently living a WAAAAAAY better life than I am.
At the same time though, there's also an infinite amount of versions of me whose lives are possibly waaaaaaaay crappier.

So y'know, you take what you can get.
Infinity is weird, man.

But first, let's talk about Parallel Universes...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel like people oft forget that I'm even a mod, for real.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You're obviously working undercover.

Good night.
He's doing a terrible job at that then, since he's practically sporting American Flag colors that scream "I'm involved here." :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom