• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Unrelated, but did you know that Flygon almost got a Mega Evolution, but he was cut due to artist's block.

Also, what moves are Ivysaur's Up Smash, and Up and Down air? I'm in the assumption that his vine based moves are based around Vine Whip, while his leaf based moves are based around Razor Leaf, but his bulb explosions? It doesn't fit into either of them, and it's obviously not Bullet Seed, so is it based around Solarbeam? I doubt that, and Ivysaur can't learn explosion moves aside from Seed Bomb. I think that they are cool moves though, and the games should canonize them some way. If that's even possible.
Up Smash in game is called "Pollen Explosion". I don't think they base every pokemon's entire kit around moves they learn, but rather base it around their physical features and use special moves for inspiration sometimes.

The anime is clearly a huge source of inspiration for the too, as Ash's Bulbasaur would often use Vines in place of hands, hence Ivy's grab.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's a fun game guys. Whose your favorite of all these classes and types? Mine are

Favorite heavyweight::ultkrool:
Favorite Sword User::ultshulk:
Favorite female::ultrosalina:
Favorite lightweight::ultmetaknight:
Favorite middleweight::ultyoshi:
Heavy-weight: King K. Rool
Anime Swordsman: Cloud
Female: Palutena
Light-weight: Mewtwo
Mid-weight: PAC-MAN

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here's a fun game guys. Whose your favorite of all these classes and types? Mine are

Favorite heavyweight: :ultcharizard:
Favorite sword User: Ivysaur Ridley :ultmarth:
Favorite female: Also Ivysaur :ultpokemontrainerf:
Favorite lightweight: :ultsquirtle:
Favorite middleweight: :ultivysaur:

Iridium

Smash Hero

Heavyweight: :ultridley:
Sword user: :ultlink:
Female: :ultsheik:
Lightweight: :ultmewtwo:
Middleweight: :ulttoonlink:

I think.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Robin's name is Richard Grayson. Richard=****.

It's a really immature pun.
My friends and I used to have a group text where we would send each other our **** pics and all of them were just pictures of guys named ****. Then Trump got elected and someone just sent a picture of him and accidentally killed the group text by souring the mood.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I'm tired of Quickplay. I'm tired of the inconsistent matchmaking, the constant network problems, the toxic players, everything. I feel like I worry more about my GSP than improving as a player in battles. I'd go to Battle Arenas but those can be really laggy because you don't know where the people are in the world and you can't just enter a battle straight away. There really is no good way to play online. Unless Nintendo fixes it in 3.0.0, Quickplay is gonna keep being a steaming pile of garbage, GSP is gonna keep being a horrible ranking system, and Battle Arenas aren't even a solid alternative either. And Nintendo doesn't seem to care or realize that their online is going to keep being a steaming pile of garbage.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My friends and I used to have a group text where we would send each other our **** pics and all of them were just pictures of guys named ****. Then Trump got elected and someone just sent a picture of him and accidentally killed the group text by souring the mood.
What a lad.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Heavy::ultincineroar:
Swordie::ultmetaknight:, unless you count:ultivysaur:
Female::ultinkling:
Lightweight::ultjigglypuff:,:ultisabelle:, :ultgnw:, and:ultsquirtle: (Yeah, I like lightweights)
Middleweights::ultinkling: in terms of how fun to play, :ultluigi: in terms of their actual character.

Noipoi

Howdy!
the absolute madman

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh yeah, certainly.
Amen
I doubt it will but,
I hope that doesn’t affect Noir’s chances in appearing in the sequel or god forbid they pull a Stoick.
if anything, the comics would be affected by the movies, as that’s always happening due to the MCU and Deadpool being so successful

D

Deleted member

Thought that was taking a different turn, not gonna lie.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ridley a heavyweight? Excuse me?
"Heavyweight" has different meanings depending on who you ask, but generally when you want to get specific Ike/Ridley/Samus weight characters are "heavyweights" while Bowser/DDD/DK are "superheavies".

Of course the line between heavy and midweight is kind of blurred, but in all fairness so is the line between lightweight and midweight.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Favourite heavyweight: :ultike: if he counts, if not then none since Ike is the heaviest character I like playing
Favourite Sword User: :ultlucina:/:ultmarth:
Favourite female: :ultlucina:
Favourite male: :ultmarth:
Favourite lightweight: :ultzelda: is the lightest character I play but she's not exactly "light"-weight, I don't like any of the characters lighter than her
Favourite middleweight: :ultrobin:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Have you ever seen an image that damaged your mental state?
A62B6F25-C55A-4AC7-8E34-442602C09D62.jpeg
Amen

if anything, the comics would be affected by the movies, as that’s always happening due to the MCU and Deadpool being so successful
Honestly, I would really dig seeing that Doc-Oc Spider-Man... thingy.
Favourite heavyweight: :ultike: if he counts, if not then none since Ike is the heaviest character I like playing
Favourite lightweight: :ultzelda: is the lightest character I play but she's not exactly "light"-weight, I don't like any of the characters lighter than her
Man Moydow is such a weeb /s

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They could have killed two birds with one stone with **** Cheney.
Oh **** Cheney was one of the first ones but he was out of office for like six years by then. Then were was **** Grayson, **** Van ****, Richard Simmons, Moby ****... all the classics. We had to start getting creative after going through all the easy ones.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I'm assuming it's one category per character, or else :ultcorrinf: would've been a good chunk of them

Favorite heavyweight::ultkingdedede:
Favorite Sword User: :ultcorrinf:
Favorite Female: :ultrosalina:
Favorite Lightweight: :ultpikachu:
Favorite Middleweight: :ultvillager:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So what you're saying is you're kind of into Fire Emblem.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh **** Cheney was one of the first ones but he was out of office for like six years by then. Then were was **** Grayson, **** Van ****, Richard Simmons, My ****... all the classics. We had to start getting creative after going through all the easy ones.
Fixed it for you.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
"Heavyweight" has different meanings depending on who you ask, but generally when you want to get specific Ike/Ridley/Samus weight characters are "heavyweights" while Bowser/DDD/DK are "superheavies".

Of course the line between heavy and midweight is kind of blurred, but in all fairness so is the line between lightweight and midweight.
So you're saying... Ridley is a lightweight!

D

Deleted member

Oh **** Cheney was one of the first ones but he was out of office for like six years by then. Then were was **** Grayson, **** Van ****, Richard Simmons, Moby ****... all the classics. We had to start getting creative after going through all the easy ones.
On. Getting creative, eh? :4pacman:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I like how **** Van **** has two censored words in his name

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Fixed it for you.
Lol. I have never shared a pic of my **** because the internet never forgets and I don't want to pull an Anthony Weiner and have it ruin me.

Anyone who feels the need to see it can take me to dinner first.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Actually, where do we draw the line between different weight classes? I mean, everyone pretty much agrees that Mario is 100% Middleweight character, but then Cloud, who is only two units heavier, is considered to be a semi-heavy. Villy is a midweight, Diddy, Marth, and Lucina are midweights two units lower than him, and then Peach is considered a lightweight with just only one unit below them. Perhaps there needs to be more sub-sections for weight?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Actually, where do we draw the line between different weight classes? I mean, everyone pretty much agrees that Mario is 100% Middleweight character, but then Cloud, who is only two units heavier, is considered to be a semi-heavy. Villy is a midweight, Diddy, Marth, and Lucina are midweights two units lower than him, and then Peach is considered a lightweight with just only one unit below them. Perhaps there needs to be more sub-sections for weight?
I just use Kurogane Hammer.

This adds more sub-sections than what most people think of.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know even though I adopted the headcannon that Ivysaur is a girl I kind of like how most of the Pokemon are gender ambiguous. Charizard being female is 100% a valid headcannon to have and I'm okay with that. Jigglypuff could be a boy, you can't prove that s/he isn't.
So you're saying... Ridley is a lightweight!
Uhhh sure. Because of relativity or whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom