• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, Smash 4 has the least going for it when it came to memorable new stuff. Like, it had patches and DLC, but it's not like Melee which just flat out expanded the gameplay, introducing staples that would still be with the franchise, on top of beloved Single and Multiplayer modes, it's not like Brawl which introduced 3rd Party characters, a very expansive story mode, and a massive soundtrack with new remixes and the such, introducing My Music, Stage Builder, and some of the best Nmnewcomers the series ever had, it's not like Ult where Everyone is Here, as well as reintroducing adventure mode after it was gone in Smash 4, as well as Spirits, which are just plethoras of fun little battles to be taken in small doses. Smash 4 is just... there. It's not bad, but nothing is truly memorable. Unless you really miss Smash Run (which was probably the best new mode in both games), Tour, or the Orders.
Aside from all the new characters and stages. But sense most of those are in Ultimate, there’s really no reason to go back unless you LOVE Jungle Hijinx or PAC-Maze

LetterO

Smash Lord
Aside from all the new characters and stages. But sense most of those are in Ultimate, there’s really no reason to go back unless you LOVE Jungle Hijinx or PAC-Maze
How do you just casually forget Orbital Gate Assault and Rainbow Road?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oops.

What if he adds in a bunch of the missing stages in update 3.0.0.
Possible, but unlikely, considering most of them probably weren't in the base game for a reason.

Orbital Gate Assault appearently takes so much time to develop, PAC-Maze has a 3DS unique gimmick, Jungle Hijinx might create troubles with Stage Transform etc.

D

Deleted member

Possible, but unlikely, considering most of them probably weren't in the base game for a reason.

Orbital Gate Assault appearently takes so much time to develop, PAC-Maze has a 3DS unique gimmick, Jungle Hijinx might create troubles with Stage Transform etc.
If they had to remove the background for Jungle Hijinx to work, I honestly wouldn’t be mad.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tbh i don't think we're getting any more stages outside of the newcomers (or any more fighters passes in general, for that matter) because of the very meticulous stage select layout - we've got exactly 6 slots left, 5 for DLC stages and 1 which is probably for custom stages

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never liked Jungle Hijinxs, but the background was nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright, got it, thanks...

Are we doing a regular survival game?

What exactly are we doing?
Taylor said he’ll just do it. I assume survival. At least, I hope so.
I never liked Jungle Hijinxs, but the background was nice.
It was one of my favorites, honestly. It had bopping music and a great stage mechanic. Remove the barrels that do damage, and it’d be one of my favorites.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Reminder that Donkey Kong not only got goofed out of Jungle Hijinx but also Rumble Falls. I say this because the DK stages seem very lacking in Ultimate. Like there's not a lot of stages for how good the music is for those stages.

Also, Pac-Maze not coming back is seriously the dumbest decision that came out of the Ultimate stage choices. Literally, all they had to do was make it to where a power pellet randomly appeared and that turn-to-blue would only effect that player. Nah, instead we got ****ing Pac-Land...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Reminder that Donkey Kong not only got goofed out of Jungle Hijinx but also Rumble Falls. I say this because the DK stages seem very lacking in Ultimate. Like there's not a lot of stages for how good the music is for those stages.

Also, Pac-Maze not coming back is seriously the dumbest decision that came out of the Ultimate stage choices. Literally, all they had to do was make it to where a power pellet randomly appeared and that turn-to-blue would only effect that player. Nah, instead we got ****ing Pac-Land...
I would’ve loved new stages based of Tropical Freeze and Championship Edition to make up for those.

Maybe even color code the ghost’s vulnerable sprite to match the player’s placement color.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ultimate and Melee IMO are the only Smash games to just completely invalidate their predecessor. Not that Sm4sh or 64 are BAD, there's just no reason to play them.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
To be fair, Jungle Hijinx and Rumble Falls weren't really good stages, anyway, imo

I probably dreaded playing on those two, more than any other stage in Smash history

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
tbh i don't think we're getting any more stages outside of the newcomers (or any more fighters passes in general, for that matter) because of the very meticulous stage select layout - we've got exactly 6 slots left, 5 for DLC stages and 1 which is probably for custom stages
The only thing I could possibly think of is new DLC stages that aren't tied to a newcomer, and then add an extras tab like Smash 4 did. However, the only new DLC stage in Smash 4 that weren't tied to a fighter was Miiverse and Mario Maker, so it seems somewhat unlikely, but it's still very possible.

However, I doubt we'll get any returning stages as DLC in Smash Ult.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
To be fair, Jungle Hijinx and Rumble Falls weren't really good stages, anyway

I probably dreaded playing on those two, more than any other stage in Smash history
Rumble Falls I can understand but Jungle Hijinx? I loved that one. One of the most unique ideas for a stage ever, and it worked rather well. To be honest, when every other stage boils down to platform with more platforms, Jungle Hijinx actually did something interesting.

Rumble falls was a beautiful mess and I adored it for that. Same with Icicle Mountain.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Rumble Falls I can understand but Jungle Hijinx? I loved that one. One of the most unique ideas for a stage ever, and it worked rather well. To be honest, when every other stage boils down to platform with more platforms, Jungle Hijinx actually did something interesting.

Rumble falls was a beautiful mess and I adored it for that. Same with Icicle Mountain.
Jungle Hijinks I think couldn’t make it back because of the Stage Morph mechanic

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Idk, I just found the crumbling platforms and having t constantly switch between the foreground and background, irritating.

It's probably just me, though

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The only thing I could possibly think of is new DLC stages that aren't tied to a newcomer, and then add an extras tab like Smash 4 did. However, the only new DLC stage in Smash 4 that weren't tied to a fighter was Miiverse and Mario Maker, so it seems somewhat unlikely, but it's still very possible.

However, I doubt we'll get any returning stages as DLC in Smash Ult.
Smash 4 had Dream Land 64, Peach's Castle 64, Hyrule Castle 64 and Pirate Ship as DLC despite them being returning stages.
*I know there are much less returning stages to choose from, but it's not impossible

Oops.

What if he adds in a bunch of the missing stages in update 3.0.0.
There's no way they're adding in stages for free within an update. The only time they did that was w/ Miiverse and the 3DS version of Duck Hunt. If we're getting any more stages, they're almost guaranteed to be paid DLC.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Jungle Hijinks I think couldn’t make it back because of the Stage Morph mechanic
Ah yeah, I know why it probably didn't come back but it's still a shame. I also get why Rumble Falls and Icicle Mountain didn't but I liked those stages for the variety they brought. They may have been chaotic but I thought they were fun for free for alls at the least.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter, but I’m hosting it on a Windows computer.
Version matters in one case

Java = Windows/Mac/Linux users together
Windows 10 = Windows 10, iPhone, Android, Switch, Xbox One user together and then some.

All version determines which game others boot up. Nothing more

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ah yeah, I know why it probably didn't come back but it's still a shame. I also get why Rumble Falls and Icicle Mountain didn't but I liked those stages for the variety they brought. They may have been chaotic but I thought they were fun for free for alls at the least.
I’m still surprised we didn’t get a Tropical Freeze stage, I mean I know K. Rool wasn’t part of that game but he’s still a DK newcomer so it wouldn’t have been that weird to bring in a stage from the most recent DKC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom