• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be blunt here.

2 things:

1. A 23rd Anniversary is just a weird ****ing anniversary to celebrate at all.
2. SMRPG is still a single game w/ a niche fanbase; they're less likely to recognize its anniversary, especially as a spin-off.
See I would agree with that and even now it's still weird to celebrate a 23rd Anniversary but they did the same thing last year for it's 22nd Anniversary and looking it up they celebrated the American release not the Japanese release so I was wrong from the very beginning for jumping to conclusions.

I agree it's a niche game and it's weird that they would celebrate it's 23rd anniversary but it's also weird that they celebrated it's 22nd Anniversary.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

See I would agree with that and even now it's still weird to celebrate a 23rd Anniversary but they did the same thing last year for it's 22nd Anniversary and looking it up they celebrated the American release not the Japanese release.

I agree it's a niche game and it's weird that they would celebrate it's 23rd anniversary but it's also weird that they celebrated it's 22nd Anniversary.
23 is a more unused number than 22.
23 is also a prime number.

D

Deleted member

I remember playing Charizard in Smash 4. My Charizard crushed souls in For Glory. Used to be my main in the start.

The whole function of PKMN Trainer kind of clouds Charizard though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
As fun as every super heavyweight in this game (except Charizard) is, I wish they had a better matchup when it comes to those that can combo them for days and not let them get a single hit in.

Life as a Charizard main is rough.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
See I would agree with that and even now it's still weird to celebrate a 23rd Anniversary but they did the same thing last year for it's 22nd Anniversary and looking it up they celebrated the American release not the Japanese release so I was wrong from the very beginning for jumping to conclusions.

tbh they're probably starting to realise that bringing up SMRPG around the time of smash/the DLC cycle is just a bad idea full stop

LetterO

Smash Lord
Lucas can back throw you at 0% as Ganondorf and PK Thunder you and you will die and there's nothing you can do about it.

Lucas gets more and more reasons each day for me to despise him.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Reminder that Donkey Kong not only got goofed out of Jungle Hijinx but also Rumble Falls. I say this because the DK stages seem very lacking in Ultimate. Like there's not a lot of stages for how good the music is for those stages.

Also, Pac-Maze not coming back is seriously the dumbest decision that came out of the Ultimate stage choices. Literally, all they had to do was make it to where a power pellet randomly appeared and that turn-to-blue would only effect that player. Nah, instead we got ****ing Pac-Land...
Only way I could’ve seen Maze in Ultimate is if whoever got the pellet the ghosts would change into the color of the player who got it (ex: Player 1 turns the ghosts red, and you get the rest)
To be fair, Jungle Hijinx and Rumble Falls weren't really good stages, anyway, imo

I probably dreaded playing on those two, more than any other stage in Smash history
Hijinx wasn’t much of a problem for me...but **** Rumble Falls
Idk why Sakurai is so stubborn for a gimmick to cut PAC-Maze, just take the gimmick out and keep the stage layout if you don’t want to do any work to adapt it.
Taking out the gimmick would be really stupid for a normal stage (especially since we have a hazard switch). That would make the stage bland without the ghosts pallet war that made PAC-Maze fun

LetterO

Smash Lord
This just in, Mii Gunner is also a REALLY toxic character to fight. If you have the missle and grenade launch you can spam that and your opponent can't do anything about it unless you have a good reflector. I fought one just like this and he had 3.950 million GSP just from spamming the same 2 moves over and over.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Only way I could’ve seen Maze in Ultimate is if whoever got the pellet the ghosts would change into the color of the player who got it (ex: Player 1 turns the ghosts red, and you get the rest)
Taking out the gimmick would be really stupid for a normal stage (especially since we have a hazard switch). That would make the stage bland without the ghosts pallet war that made PAC-Maze fun
That’s exactly what I suggested.

Also the assists wouldn’t be an excuse considering there are assists programmed not to appear on certain stages.

D

Deleted member

tbh they're probably starting to realise that bringing up SMRPG around the time of smash/the DLC cycle is just a bad idea full stop
Actually that makes a lot of sense with Geno being a popular character within the Community and the Community usually taking anything to mean a character is confirmed like when the Community thought that Chairs meant Skull Kid was in. That actually makes sense.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Some person using Cotton Candy Kong ****ed the **** out of my :ultlittlemac: (whom I got through random) with the same “grab walk off stage and throw” “combo”...damn you Mac
That’s exactly what I suggested.

Also the assists wouldn’t be an excuse considering there are assists programmed not to appear on certain stages.
Exactly the way for assists to work

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Actually that makes a lot of sense with Geno being a popular character within the Community and the Community usually taking anything to mean a character is confirmed like when the Community thought that Chairs meant Skull Kid was in. That actually makes sense.
i think it says a lot that reggie went out of his way to stress that the fighter's pass characters were 'unexpected' - ultimate was marred by the weight of fan expectations all the way up to launch, and the grinch leak was just the cherry on top. the sooner they stop giving fans reason to expect the 'obvious' characters--isaac, skull kid, bandana dee, etc.--the easier life gets for them.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Hijinx wasn’t much of a problem for me...but **** Rumble Falls

But they obviously don’t want to adapt the gimmick, I’d rather have an immensely iconic locale/unique layout than nothing at all and having to listen to Namco music on MS Paint: The Stage.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, at least the Three Houses box art debacle has meme potential.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Holy ****, we’re actualy talking about Smash now?

Not even a "Happy 23rd Anniversary SMRPG!" Tweet by Nintendo, Shame. It doesn't mean anything at all but I'm kind of surprised to be honest since they did it last year.
It doesn’t really work like that, it’s gotta be a milestone like say, 25th anniversary or 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom