• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If more person says that Richter's holy water is aura, I am going to lose it.
It is fire.
Okay, but no it isn't. Richter's Holy Water doesn't affect Blast Boxes, and someone literally proved, through an inspection of the game's hitboxes, that Richter's HW has an aura effect.

You can't say "stop saying this thing" if the thing is a fact.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Idk why Sakurai is so stubborn for a gimmick to cut PAC-Maze, just take the gimmick out and keep the stage layout if you don’t want to do any work to adapt it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ah, thanks for explaining that. :)

Then I’m 847264737194% sure it’ll be Java.

Just to be fair. :V
Well, guess I’ll join in. My in game name isn’t my name here and I’m wearing a skin of Yui from the anime K-ON!

D

Deleted member

Okay, but no it isn't. Richter's Holy Water doesn't affect Blast Boxes, and someone literally proved, through an inspection of the game's hitboxes, that Richter's HW has an aura effect.

You can't say "stop saying this thing" if the thing is a fact.
@GoldenYuiitusin yes, you are correct.
Ooooh. Then Richter's down b is better than Simon's down B, Alpharad was correct.

Thank you for correcting me. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Any DuckTales reboot fans around here at the moment?

That use of the Moon theme, though.

I loved what they did with that.

LetterO

Smash Lord
@GoldenYuiitusin yes, you are correct.
Ooooh. Then Richter's down b is better than Simon's down B, Alpharad was correct.

Thank you for correcting me. :p
Not really, it depends on the situation. Against Olimar, Richter is better because red Pikmin can't go through his holy water. Against Snake, Simon is better because his holy water can detonate the grenades prematurely before they get to him.

EDIT: I think I forgot that any attack can detonate the grenades prematurely.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not really, it depends on the situation. Against Olimar, Richter is better because red Pikmin can't go through his holy water. Against Snake, Simon is better because his holy water can detonate the grenades prematurely before they get to him.

EDIT: I think I forgot that any attack can detonate the grenades prematurely.
Also Simon is better against the three Links with their bombs as well.

D

Deleted member

Not even a "Happy 23rd Anniversary SMRPG!" Tweet by Nintendo, Shame. It doesn't mean anything at all but I'm kind of surprised to be honest since they did it last year.

D

Deleted member

Not even a "Happy 23rd Anniversary SMRPG!" Tweet by Nintendo, Shame. It doesn't mean anything at all but I'm kind of surprised to be honest since they did it last year.
Wait, that’s today? Cool!

I honestly should play it some time.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I am fully convinced that Ganon is not supposed to be in this game. I got comboed over and over by a Pikachu and could not get a single hit in then somehow he was on one stock and my up smash killed him at 60% and I won despite all that.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I am fully convinced that Ganon is not supposed to be in this game. I got comboed over and over by a Pikachu and could not get a single hit in then somehow he was on one stock and my up smash killed him at 60% and I won despite all that.
TORYAH

D

Deleted member

What games are far more popular in Japan than America?
For example, Dragon Quest, Splatoon, Monster Hunter and maybe XC2?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You have better luck than me.

I once faced a Villager that did nothing but Lloyd and Slingshot

Couldn’t even approach

D

Deleted member

I don't mean to be rude, but SMRPG is a very old game with a niche following. I don't think it's very high on their list of priorities, unfortunately. Maybe they forgot and they'll do it next year!

Iridium

Smash Hero
Ganondorf: "How do you like respawning at kill percent?"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, that’s today? Cool!

I honestly should play it some time.
Yep it's the 23rd Anniversary of it's Japan release. Honestly it's actually a great game and I would suggest it to anyone who wants a new game to play, some may say Paper Mario/PM:TTYD is better and in some aspects it definitely is but SMRPG still has some unique and interesting aspects that make it stand out.

D

Deleted member

That is why you all should play Ganondorf.

The only thing that can beat Ganondorf is himself.

D

Deleted member

I don't mean to be rude, but SMRPG is a very old game with a niche following. I don't think it's very high on their list of priorities, unfortunately. Maybe they forgot and they'll do it next year!
I mean I was only stating it was weird that they wouldn't tweet something out for it since they did it last year, another thing is maybe they're gonna do it for the American Release date but who knows maybe their just skipping it this year.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm gonna be blunt here.

2 things:

1. A 23rd Anniversary is just a weird ****ing anniversary to celebrate at all.
2. SMRPG is still a single game w/ a niche fanbase; they're less likely to recognize its anniversary, especially as a spin-off.

LetterO

Smash Lord
As fun as every super heavyweight in this game (except Charizard) is, I wish they had a better matchup when it comes to those that can combo them for days and not let them get a single hit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom