• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Better off not really playing online.

Lag matches, Rules that you don't prefer, Great Cave Offensive...

That's just Quick Play. Battle Arenas are a bit better, but if the host is a wimp, they close the arena after losing one stock.
Quick play has actually been alright for me lately. I got my ass kicked but Ive got it kicked lagless at least

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I don't even know what my GSP is. It's probably very low since I've not played Smash all that much... :yoshi:
Only thing I know about GSP is you lose one match, you lose about 1 million GSP. Give or Take
Although I exaggerate, I am not kidding that you lose lots for losing a match.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wow, I totally forgot Isabelle was even in this game. Seems like another one of those characters that was heavily requested/predicted, but now nobody plays her.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The best time I have to play.....my down hours at work.....doesn't work. I have an internet connection but it won't allow me to connect with people online.
Well when that changes, I call dibs on playing your Sheik.

Wow, I totally forgot Isabelle was even in this game. Seems like another one of those characters that was heavily requested/predicted, but now nobody plays her.
Hey, still have room or no? I'm itching for an arena.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, Isabelle's such a milquetoast character it seems like she's always been there.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My arena is still open, yo, it just booted everyone for some reason.
New arena:
ID: 3DWXW
Pass: 0150

This time limited to 4 people, so other people will have to make another one. Maybe every so often we can swap between arenas so we get to rotate opponents, assuming it works.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, Isabelle's such a milquetoast character it seems like she's always been there.
I was so confused on the **** that word was being used for...then I looked it up...Isabelle is a Goddess among others

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Only thing I know about GSP is you lose one match, you lose about 1 million GSP. Give or Take
Although I exaggerate, I am not kidding that you lose lots for losing a match.
Depends on how much you play the character online. At the beginning you gain/lose a lot of GSP. But the more you play w/ a character the less GSP you gain/lose per match.

Take my Ridley for example. He's at about 4.05 million GSP and is my most played character online. I only gain/lose about 10-20K GSP per match.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How the **** did I get lagged hard in that game?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Would anybody join if I made a room, or?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I remember my girlfriend and her Discord server full of people who play a browser dragon game called Flight Rising were freaking out when Isabelle was revealed. I was in class when the Direct happened, so I couldn't see the Direct right away, but she was going crazy, talking about how excited everyone was and hyping up the character reveal to have been something nuts. I was expecting something like Banjo Kazooie, so when I sat down and watched the Direct for myself, I was like "Wait what? That was the earth-shattering announcement?"

She does still play Isabelle as her main, and while she herself is probably more a more hardcore gamer than most other people in that server she was in (she's beaten the first Dark Souls with little help from me), I imagine much of the Isabelle appeal was to that kind of crowd who love Animal Crossing, but aren't exactly playing competitive games frequently if at all. Animal Crossing is a much more casual game, so it makes sense that the people who'd rep the series in Smash are casual players of Smash.

Most of the Isabelle hype among the hardcore Smash community seemed to be interest in her unique fishing rod and Lloid mine attacks, but apparently those don't have too much potential now, since like you said, there's little Isabelle to be seen nowadays.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright, I have an arena:

MBH1J

Set it up for a total of five players, see if that stays stable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom