• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Damn, very nice Ganondorf, Shiny.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If there’s anymore problems, why not just split us all into halves? Some of us play in one arena, while the others...play in the other arena

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
eeehhhh you sure bout that chief?
Just because you're not having any problems, doesn't mean nobody else is, nor does it mean that the problem must automatically be on our end. With how consistently and frequently it happens, the most logical explanation is that the fault is the common thread between them; i.e. the service itself.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If there’s anymore problems, why not just split us all into halves? Some of us play in one arena, while the others...play in the other arena
Everyone should probably do this. It seems an arena of 6-8 seems a lot more like to crash then one of 3-5 people.

From my experience, least.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Rest in peace belly armor, wow. GGs!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It could work, the only problem I have there is that it means you only get to play the same 3-4 people unless you swap between arenas every so often. Which could work, I guess.

In any case, this arena died too, so maybe we should try it anyway?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I wish we knew more about the hosting system for arenas, to get a better understanding as to the optimal setup. Is the host of the match the host of the arena? Or is the host of the match someone who's actually in the match? If it's the latter, than there's nothing that can be done about it. But if it's the former, then coordinating who has the best internet connection/is in the most central geographical location relative to the other players might make things smoother.

D

Deleted member

It could work, the only problem I have there is that it means you only get to play the same 3-4 people unless you swap between arenas every so often. Which could work, I guess.

Do you want me to make the arena?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just because you're not having any problems, doesn't mean nobody else is, nor does it mean that the problem must automatically be on our end. With how consistently and frequently it happens, the most logical explanation is that the fault is the common thread between them; i.e. the service itself.
well im asking genuinely, you sure about that? you absolutly sure its nintendos online and not the internet because there are people out there with constant bad internet that nothing can fix

D

Deleted member

Arena!

Edit: I have to fix something.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Might aswell get it going

D

Deleted member

Oh, I made it for five people. Oops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
New arena:
ID: 3DWXW
Pass: 0150

This time limited to 4 people, so other people will have to make another one. Maybe every so often we can swap between arenas so we get to rotate opponents, assuming it works.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That must get annoying. Are arena fails that common across the board?
It seems like once you get to 4+ people, yeah. I've never had it crash when it was just 2 or 3 though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It seems like once you get to 4+ people, yeah. I've never had it crash when it was just 2 or 3 though.
I’ve never had a problem with 8 players and all items on high with stage morphs
OK.

So it looks me, Moydow, Shiny, and TMNTSSB4 are all in one arena.

So the others can just create another.
Oh **** I’ve been had...better run for my life

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I can say that number of people in an arena is absolutely a factor. Last night I ran an arena with 3 people for over an hour and had no connection issues.

Other people mentioned this already, it seems.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I have yet to try playing with anyone online.
Better off not really playing online.

Lag matches, Rules that you don't prefer, Great Cave Offensive...

That's just Quick Play. Battle Arenas are a bit better, but if the host is a wimp, they close the arena after losing one stock.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I played online for the challenges.

The online challenges are just currency and aren't worth the effort.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
New arena:
ID: 3DWXW
Pass: 0150

This time limited to 4 people, so other people will have to make another one. Maybe every so often we can swap between arenas so we get to rotate opponents, assuming it works.
If this is gonna be a semi-regular thing, we could maybe come up with a system to keep things organized and stable.

Something like 4 people per arena, loser swaps to the other arena? We'd probably need a better communication channel than the forums for that, since it'd need to be quick and immediate I suppose.

Dunno, I'm not a tournament organizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom