• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I was talking about a general direct. I don't think there will be any more Smash directs. Just features in general directs.
I think we’re getting some sort of direct this or next month

But it feels way too soon for a new general direct.

Unless... Direct Mini

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I was talking about a general direct. I don't think there will be any more Smash directs. Just features in general directs.
nah i think we'll get a smash direct in april - remember they did two DLC ones for smash 4, and we still need joker's trailer, 3.0.0 new feature details and the slaughtering grounds that is the mii costume section (we know those are coming due to accidentally-posted price details) + probably also brave

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think we’re getting some sort of direct this or next month

But it feels way too soon for a new general direct.

Unless... Direct Mini
I mean, you really shouldn't base it on a feeling anyway.
Considering how many people insisted there was gonna be a January direct while I was insisting it was going to be in February haha

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Like, 64 characters, then Melee, then Brawl, than Smash4, the Ultimate?
Yep. Though Melee had 26 total characters, so combine 64 and Melee.

Or you could keep all five separate then run a final simulation with the five winners to see who wins it all.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
nah i think we'll get a smash direct in april - remember they did two DLC ones for smash 4, and we still need joker's trailer, 3.0.0 new feature details and the slaughtering grounds that is the mii costume section (we know those are coming due to accidentally-posted price details) + probably also brave
Mind you that my main prediction timeline includes that the second character, brave or otherwise, will be revealed in April.

Whether or not the characters will actually get full trailers this time around will have to be seen in April when Joker arrives, so no argument there.

Also, I'm putting all my money on my little timeline anyway just so I have something to do during the cycle.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Whether or not it's a direct or a trailer is debating semantics, considering the Pokemon direct we just got was basically just a trailer.

But you're right. They intentionally let us know about 3.0.0 in the last proper direct, so it has to be more than balance patches. A big info dump alongside a Joker reveal and one or two more DLC character announcements could make for a full direct all its own.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Whether or not it's a direct or a trailer is debating semantics, considering the Pokemon direct we just got was basically just a trailer.

But you're right. They intentionally let us know about 3.0.0 in the last proper direct, so it has to be more than balance patches. A big info dump alongside a Joker reveal and one or two more DLC character announcements could make for a full direct all its own.
joker reveal + gameplay, 3.0.0 features, mii costumes and brave reveal + gameplay (like ryu, corrin and bayonetta's overview sections immediately after their reveals) seems very probable to me

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

It'll be a 45 minute direct with like 7 of em dedicated for Smash, most of which being a few trailers or something

The more people insist it'll be a Smash direct the more I'm gonna tell Bowser to extend the length of the direct artificially

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It'll be a 45 minute direct with like 7 of em dedicated for Smash, most of which being a few trailers or something

The more people insist it'll be a Smash direct the more I'm gonna tell Bowser to extend the length of the direct artificially
In this scenario though, I just don't see a significantly sized April direct so close after their February direct and before E3 in June.

D

Deleted member

In this scenario though, I just don't see a significantly sized April direct so close after their February direct and before E3 in June.
Also, in the new direct, instead of getting a view of his full model, we get a view of his feet.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm telling you, it'll be a 75 minute Direct, complete with Doug Bowser monologue about kidnapping Reggie.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Speaking of directs and E3s and that, apparently EA's not appearing at E3 this year (no great loss tbh), meaning that neither Sony or EA will be there
Will be a little weird, though I won't pretend I usually watched either of their shows

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well yesterday was a totally fun online session >_>. Lucas had around 3.5 million GSP and now it's sitting around 1.9 million after a losing streak. So totally fine. Meanwhile K. Rool who I used way less often and only won a few times and lost several matches is sitting at the top AGAIN with around 3.5 million GSP. I hope the online performance and ranking gets revamped in the 3.0.0 update.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I wonder if I should watch the entirety of Smash Ultimate Summit this weekend...

There's only so much I'm waiting for as of right now.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Speaking of directs and E3s and that, apparently EA's not appearing at E3 this year (no great loss tbh), meaning that neither Sony or EA will be there
Will be a little weird, though I won't pretend I usually watched either of their shows
EA's become too predictable with what they're showing that they have no reason to be there. Sport title, sport title, an indie or two to seem hip, Battlefield, Need for Speed, Star Wars, something from Bioware in a good year. Bam. I just outlined every EA presser since 2013.

Sony is intriguing because they're essentially forfeiting this year. They have the market lead by a large margin and are likely working on all their PS5 projects right now that they don't want to announce before the PS5 is announced. If Xbox is going to win over new customers before the next generation starts, this is their shot.

D

Deleted member

I want to be more active in threads than this one, so how do I find interesting threads?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I meant an April General Direct

April Smash Direct though... could happen
I am going with Smash Direct on the basis every game they do have plans for are releasing post-E3, and the big titles being reserved for E3 presentation makes sense to me.

If there is a general direct then that surely means they will show off Mansion and AC...but I doubt that

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I am going with Smash Direct on the basis every game they do have plans for are releasing post-E3, and the big titles being reserved for E3 presentation makes sense to me.

If there is a general direct then that surely means they will show off Mansion and AC...but I doubt that
Something to note: 2018's Nintendo E3 was just Pokemon Let's Go and Smash. That's it.

Nintendo might be trying to keep the focus of each E3 on specifically their guaranteed best sellers and letting the rest of their products get announced on their own schedule without competition from literally every other games publisher on the same day.

We see E3 as a big deal, but maybe Nintendo sees a bigger benefit to Nintendo products dominating social media on Direct days than fighting with everyone else for the spotlight.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
we talking like nintendo didn't hold an april general direct with mewtwo and lucas then just 2 months later come out with a june smash direct with roy and ryu and a new stage and mii costumes oh my

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Something to note: 2018's Nintendo E3 was just Pokemon Let's Go and Smash. That's it.

Nintendo might be trying to keep the focus of each E3 on specifically their guaranteed best sellers and letting the rest of their products get announced on their own schedule without competition from literally every other games publisher on the same day.

We see E3 as a big deal, but maybe Nintendo sees a bigger benefit to Nintendo products dominating social media on Direct days than fighting with everyone else for the spotlight.
On top of that, for E3 2017, all we got was a bunch of info on games we already knew about, Metroid Prime 4 + Samus Returns, Kirby, and a bunch of smaller 3DS games. For 2016, it was just BoTW. The last time they had a plethora of new game announcements was in 2015, and we all know how that went.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
isn't the supposed Smash Direct supposed to be in April, though...?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
On top of that, for E3 2017, all we got was a bunch of info on games we already knew about, Metroid Prime 4 + Samus Returns, Kirby, and a bunch of smaller 3DS games. For 2016, it was just BoTW. The last time they had a plethora of new game announcements was in 2015, and we all know how that went.
And remember that Samus Returns wasn't even in their presser. It was a footnote shown in their Treehouse segment instead for some reason.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If we get a direct it would likely be a mini since, well they kind of just dropped a ton of info already pretty recently.
If we get a direct, I guarantee you it'll be Smash-focused. They're teasin' 3.0 as some big ****, and it's not like they have much else to talk about that hasn't already been said.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Whatever happens, I hope we get info on something in the next two months.

Personally hoping for a Mario Maker direct.

D

Deleted member

repeat after me faygoshill

i will not use wolf's f-smash to whiff punish

i will not use wolf's f-smash to whiIFF PUNISH

I WILL NOT
USE
WOLF'S
F-SMASH
TO
****ING
WHIFF
PUNISH

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
repeat after me faygoshill

i will not use wolf's f-smash to whiIFF PUNISH

I WILL NOT
USE
WOLF'S
F-SMASH
TO
****ING
WHIFF
PUNISH
Oh my gosh guys, I just got a great idea on how to whiff-punish with Wolf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom