• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I have a few problems with the Brave = Bravely Default rep connection mostly being that it's too obvious which a good codename shouldn't be.

You could argue that Piranha Plant's codename is obvious cause it indeed is but if we consider the "Piranha Plant was going to be in base" theory it would make sense why it was obvious as it might've been an afterthought,

Though for Joker's codename it was only obvious in hindsight since we had the character revealed to us before we learned of his codename. Some people could've thought Jack meant Jak & Daxter, Raiden, Handsome Jack, etc. but now that Joker was revealed first we don't have that so in hindsight is it only obvious.

That's one of the few problems I have with Brave being Erdrick too, it's kind of obvious.
Brave is the Brave Little ToasterBrains

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Brave is anyone who tries stealing my peanut butter. Consequently, those people are stupid too.

Facts.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I have a few problems with the Brave = Bravely Default rep connection mostly being that it's too obvious which a good codename shouldn't be.

You could argue that Piranha Plant's codename is obvious cause it indeed is but if we consider the "Piranha Plant was going to be in base" theory it would make sense why it was obvious as it might've been an afterthought,

Though for Joker's codename it was only obvious in hindsight since we had the character revealed to us before we learned of his codename. Some people could've thought Jack meant Jak & Daxter, Raiden, Handsome Jack, etc. but now that Joker was revealed first we don't have that so in hindsight is it only obvious.

That's one of the few problems I have with Brave being Erdrick too, it's kind of obvious.
that said, if Kumazaki hadn't posted about 'the shield of the brave' i'd be questioning why they even used the english word 'brave' for a codename in the first place

D

Deleted member

Brave is a The Box(tm) because it was brave for the Box theory to be true

D

Deleted member

that said, if Kumazaki hadn't posted about 'the shield of the brave' i'd be questioning why they even used the English word 'brave' for a codename in the first place
I don't take Kamazaki's post seriously cause the last time we thought something like that had any significance was with Someone from Nintendo posting about Skull Kid, Obviously he wasn't playable.

They could be posting about Erdrick cause they're a fan of DQ or simply because DQ was being talked about a lot cause of Speculation and rumors like with Nintendo posting about Skull Kid. it gives more credence to the "Brave" codename relating to Erdrick but I don't take that post seriously.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Ralph Breaks The Internet is for NORMIES and NON GAYMERS. SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON IF U AGREE.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ralph Breaks The Internet is for NORMIES and NON GAYMERS. SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON IF U AGREE.
Speaking of that film...I'm totally glad I saved that 10 bucks.

Sooo they make Felix Jr. and his wife cameos. Ignores the message from the first movie about Going Turbo and accepting who you are yet has Vanellope basically Go Turbo getting away with it and despite how hard she fought for to get her place back in Sugar Rush eventually grows bored of it and abandons it to be on this internet game along with her friends including Ralph? NOT to mention Ralph trying to keep their relationship intact by releasing this virus despite how he was in the first film seemingly trying to protect her when he thought she'd die if she raced AND trying to change his personality for her in the second film?

Wow Disney...You really outdid yourself here...Like what the **** kind of message is that? I mean six years and this is the best you can come up with!?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ATTENTION ALL SMASH BROS GAMERS: SUBSCRIBE TO UCHIHASMASH SO THAT HE CAN FINALLY HIT 1K.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
The codename being too obvious argument is kind of weird to me as those codenames likely weren't made to be seen by outside audiences to begin with. They aren't hints left in the code to ignite a mystery for us, they are likely something simple that is meant to just be there to easily have a hook for the new content once it's implemented. Which generally means they would WANT it to be obvious since being sneaky with it would serve no actual purpose for the people who it is meant to be there for.
Considering the fact that they were scrubbed from the code to our knowledge since then supports the fact that they weren't supposed to be seen and thus how obvious it is would not have been a factor there to begin with.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
We all know who the bravest one is.

I'm just the only one brave enough to say it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The codename being too obvious argument is kind of weird to me as those codenames likely weren't made to be seen by outside audiences to begin with. They aren't hints left in the code to ignite a mystery for us, they are likely something simple that is meant to just be there to easily have a hook for the new content once it's implemented. Which generally means they would WANT it to be obvious since being sneaky with it would serve no actual purpose for the people who it is meant to be there for.
Considering the fact that they were scrubbed from the code to our knowledge since then supports the fact that they weren't supposed to be seen and thus how obvious it is would not have been a factor there to begin with.
Brave is gonna be a second Luigi because I'm declaring it the year of Luigi again.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
so you're saying there's a chance

1551996490055.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm gonna run a hunger games tournament with all the Smash Ultimate Fighters. I'm going to have to do a couple sense the simulator dosn't go up to enough fighters. How do you think I should break it up?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm gonna run a hunger games tournament with all the Smash Ultimate Fighters. I'm going to have to do a couple sense the simulator dosn't go up to enough fighters. How do you think I should break it up?
Do all the Brawl characters in one 36 man tourney

R O F L

Smash Ace
I really hope we get Animal Crossing news/gameplay soon, it's been a couple months and we know pretty much nothing. It's hard for me to be excited for a game if I only know "it's coming."

I hope we get something before e3. Maybe a mini-direct?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Veterans first, newbies after.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It's more likely Edea than it is the Erdrick.
People will be mad at me for saying this until it ends up being Edea, then everyone will say it was obvious.
:dkmelee:
mfw two successful jrpgs that forced square to reconsider their JRPG strategy, led to a partnership with nintendo, octopath's creation, and a third game on the way for switch

1551996709409.png

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I really hope we get Animal Crossing news/gameplay soon, it's been a couple months and we know pretty much nothing. It's hard for me to be excited for a game if I only know "it's coming."

I'm about 65% on some kind of teaser existing in the April direct.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

We'll probably not be hearing anything until E3, where it'll be centre stage
Still, looking forward to a more varied E3 as opposed to last year's

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Im still waiting for a new Ice Climber and Duck Hunt game.
I still have no idea why they didn't make a new Duck Hunt on Wii. Missed opportunity right there.

Also a FNAF game on Wii U would have been magic. Like, you look at the cameras by holding the gamepad up to your face, and they only show up if you hold it there, so you can still see the TV in the periphery. That would have been magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom