• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Planning my next Hunger Games simulation!

Once again, I'm taking suggestions. This time it's three per person (I'm already picking three of my own, btw).

If I don't get enough suggestions, I'll just run another simulation with the same roster from last night.
I nominate myself (That ******** Freddi Fish supporter), Freddi Fish (The Freddi Fish series), and Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight).

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey, I'm out of the loop; whats up with the Captian Marvel controversy?
The worst kind of online boys got butthurt over Brie Larson saying there should be more diversity and are blowing it out of proportion to try and ensure that her movie fails.

Normal controversy stuff.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
killjoy. i can't just intrude on a thread I wasn't a part of to begin with. Everyone's gonna ignore me.
Oh no I was just letting ya know I’m case you wanted to post it there. I didn’t see it your message on that thread until afterwards. That one was on me. Sorry.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The worst kind of online boys got butthurt over Brie Larson saying there should be more diversity and are blowing it out of proportion to try and ensure that her movie fails.

The ironic thing is that they're drawing a ton of attention to the movie, which might actually benefit it in the long wrong and get more people to watch it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

What was exactly the quote though? According to Twitter users, it was something along the lines of "No White Males Allowed", which is something that really shouldn't be said at all, but idk if it was that harsh.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The ironic thing is that they're drawing a ton of attention to the movie, which might actually benefit it in the long wrong and get more people to watch it.
Kinda like how some friends and I all went to the Nike store shortly after some old people in our lives boycotted Nike over the Kaepernick thing. Like, I wasn't planning on getting new shoes yet, but now you made me want to.

What was exactly the quote though? According to Twitter users, it was something along the lines of "No White Males Allowed", which is something that really shouldn't be said at all, but idk if it was that harsh.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-b...el-made-angry-white-men-lose-their-damn-minds
This is, up front, a biased article recounting the manufactured controvery and siding with Brie Larson that I wholeheartedly agree with. But the actual quote is this:

“About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male,” Larson told Marie Claire interviewer Keah Brown, a disabled journalist the actress handpicked for the gig. “So, I spoke to Dr. Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of color, it sounded like across the board they weren’t getting the same opportunities as others. When I talked to the facilities that weren’t providing it, they all had different excuses.”

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Kinda like how some friends and I all went to the Nike store shortly after some old people in our lives boycotted Nike over the Kaepernick thing. Like, I wasn't planning on getting new shoes yet, but now you made me want to.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-b...el-made-angry-white-men-lose-their-damn-minds
This is, up front, a biased article recounting the manufactured controvery and siding with Brie Larson that I wholeheartedly agree with. But the actual quote is this:
I mean, she's not wrong. Films before were definetly not as diverse as they are now, and while Diversity isn't a dealbreaker for me, it's always nice to have something going for me, you know.

With that said, I hate it when directors put in minorities in movies to solely fill a diversity quota. Like, when there's a black character, but they just don't fit into the movie at all, or nobody plays off of them and vice versa. Or when they just conform to stereotypes, though I'm pretty sure that's just Tyler Perry.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
More Captain Marvel talk huh?

Honestly if the "controversy" is really big it'll show in the opening weekend box office.

I'm personally not gonna see it opening weekend b/c:
1. Midterms
2. The trailers didn't do enough to want me to go see it day 1

And reviews of the movie (actual reviews that critique the movie, not reviews that just pander to either side) seem to be mixed, so I'll wait a little longer to see where the general consensus is on whether or not to just wait for it on Netflix.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, she's not wrong. Films before were definetly not as diverse as they are now, and while Diversity isn't a dealbreaker for me, it's always nice to have something going for me, you know.

With that said, I hate it when directors put in minorities in movies to solely fill a diversity quota. Like, when there's a black character, but they just don't fit into the movie at all, or nobody plays off of them and vice versa. Or when they just conform to stereotypes, though I'm pretty sure that's just Tyler Perry.
Like, say, Fant4stic?
Get your ***es over here. If ya ain't Hunger Gaming, then why should I go there? :yoshi:
Every time one ends we take a break.

By the way, I drew a short 1-page comic related to an event in one of the Hunger Games, it's over on the NintenZone Social if people want to see.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Well, what's she's speaking to is more the industry, not just who shows up onscreen. The film reviewers, the media outlets giving films coverage, the producers, the writers, the directors, etc. Hollywood likes its altruistic and liberal ideals but rarely follows through on them in actuality.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The winner of round 1 is Ness! On to the next bracket.
Here are the standings.
Reaping.png

and the summery

The Bloodbath
Link
bashes Princess Zelda's head against a rock several times.
Young Link kills Bowser with his own weapon.

Day 1
Dr. Mario
repeatedly stabs Yoshi to death with sais.
Mister Game and Watch severely injures Jigglypuff, but puts her out of her misery.
Luigi accidently detonates a land mine while trying to arm it.

Night 1
Donkey Kong
and Ganondorf threaten a double suicide. It fails and they die.

Day 2
Mister Game and Watch
and Pichu track down and kill Captain Falcon.
Ice Climbers bashes Dr. Mario's head in with a mace.

Night 2
Mewtwo
, Ice Climbers, and Pichu start fighting, but Ice Climbers runs away as Mewtwo kills Pichu.
Mario bleeds out due to untreated injuries.

Day 3
Fox McCloud
, Pikachu, and Princess Peach unsuccessfully ambush Falco Lombardi, Mewtwo, and Link, who kill them instead.

Arena Event
Carnivorous squirrels start attacking the tributes.
Sheik, in agony, kills Young Link so he does not have to be attacked by the squirrels.
The squirrels separate and kill Mister Game and Watch and Kirby.
Mewtwo, in agony, kills Samus Aran so she does not have to be attacked by the squirrels.
Link tries to kills as many squirrels as he can, but there are too many.

Night 3
No deaths occurred.

The Feast
Falco Lombardi
severely injures Sheik, but puts her out of her misery.
Ice Climbers bashes Mewtwo's head against a rock several times.

Day 4
No deaths occurred.

Night 4
Ice Climbers
shoots a poisonous blow dart into Falco Lombardi's neck, slowly killing him.

Day 5
Ness
bashes Ice Climbers's head against a rock several times.
The winner is Ness from District 6!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, what's she's speaking to is more the industry, not just who shows up onscreen. The film reviewers, the media outlets giving films coverage, the producers, the writers, the directors, etc. Hollywood likes its altruistic and liberal ideals but rarely follows through on them in actuality.
One thing I'll never do is work for Hollywood. It's probably the most two-faced trashiest industry out there. Hypocrite celebs at every corner, sleazy and out of touch directors, egotism at it's worse, and a lot of people get free passes for their crimes because "their famous", and others get fired because of stuff they said 10-20+ years ago.

I really hope that this isn't the case for the animation and game industry.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Leak thread?
It was a thread we had for a bit to discuss leaks without the need of spoiler warnings...

But due to it becoming basically a general thread, and becoming rampant with people posting their 4chan tier "leaks", it didn't even last a week

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Leak thread?
Yep, sometime in September there was a separate thread from the General thread to exclusively to talk about leaks. Since that was the big trendy topic, most of the General users migrated over to that. However, it just ended up being General Thread 2.0, so they locked it after less than a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom