• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Every time someone mentions anything remotely political, moving forward I'm just ignoring it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
he says he fights for his friends but the only thing he fights for is the continuation and protection of the aryan race
The irony of it all is that Ike's games make it pretty clear that Ike explicitly isn't racist, since racism and discrimination are actually pretty big parts of the Tellius duology.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The funniest part of all this is that I don't give a **** about Carol Danvers and I'm already rather critical of pro-military propaganda but the movie has so much stuff I find significantly more interesting and the MCU has sold me on characters I never cared for or outright didn't like. Sure it took Thor literally 5 movies to get there but it happened!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
nobody is really talking about captain marvel at this point, we're just talking about brie's comments
I know, but that's still directly relates to the movie. Some people will not go see the movie if they don't like Brie for whatever reason.

And in the end, it all comes down to box office revenue. So every little thing counts.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
niggle me this batman, what account's for thirteen percent and at the same time half?

-oh yeah uhhh the answer is black people, this post also comes from a black guy.

D

Deleted member

The funniest part of all this is that I don't give a **** about Carol Danvers and I'm already rather critical of pro-military propaganda but the movie has so much stuff I find significantly more interesting and the MCU has sold me on characters I never cared for or outright didn't like. Sure it took Thor literally 5 movies to get there but it happened!
Thor went from the worst Avenger to the best one. God bless Taika Watiti.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I like the angry raccoon because he's a funny little baby :3

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know what I miss?

Leaks.

Ever since Jack and Brave and their stats were scrubbed clean and both the Steve-Doomguy-Hayabusa AND Reimu-Crono-Banjo-Agumon leaks were proven false, we’ve got nada on the leak front

Ffs throw me the most blatantly fake text or image leak just to get things goinggggg

D

Deleted member

Id like to thank everyone for remaining calm and civil during our discussion, instead of resorting to childish insults and swearing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know what I miss?

Leaks.

Ever since Jack and Brave and their stats were scrubbed clean and both the Steve-Doomguy-Hayabusa AND Reimu-Crono-Banjo-Agumon leaks were proven false, we’ve got nada on the leak front

Ffs throw me the most blatantly fake text or image leak just to get things goinggggg
You're just asking for another Grinch leak.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Id like to thank everyone for remaining calm and civil during our discussion, instead of resorting to childish insults and swearing.
****IN DAMMIT I HATE THESE GOTDAMN UGLY ASS ****** ON MY MOTHER****IN LAWN GET ME BY SHOTGUN YOU ***** OF A WIFE
Gotta love censoring systems right?

Roberk

Smash Champion
Me seeing the reveal of Capatin Marvel: oh cool, it’s Captain Marvel.

My dad: I swore it was a DC guy that shot lightening...

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You know what I miss?

Leaks.

o lawd she comin

DrWx6hlWkAEJ5fR.jpg

D

Deleted member

Imagine thinking the selling point of horror movies with monsters is the story and not the freaky monster who kills people.
This post was made by 'We actually watch movies' gang
If that were the case though the sequels would be considered better than the original.

And sure, the monster is part of the appeal, no arguement there. But what makes Alien such a good movie is everything built around that monster. Thinking the monster alone is what makes the movie great is the mindset that churns our so many ****ty monster movies. In the original there’s more to the movie than “sp00k monster”, there’s allegory to it that makes it all the more disturbing. Same goes for classsics such as Gojira. The monster’s the face of the movie, but there’s much more to it than monster runs around and kills stuff.

This post was made by “we actually analyze what we watch” gang.

D

Deleted member

My favorite thing about the MCU is that they managed to make a character who's dressed in an American flag, was a soldier, has one of the more boring out-of-suit designs, and who's name is literally Captain America actually pretty cool and not super corny

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
You know what I miss?

Leaks.

Eh, I actually like how there's not been many leaks lately. Things are less chaotic around here... barely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My favorite thing about the MCU is that they managed to make a character who's dressed in an American flag, was a soldier, has one of the more boring out-of-suit designs, and who's name is literally Captain America actually pretty cool and not super corny
That's the beauty of adaptations.
When done right, they can actually improve a lot over the source material and fix some problems with it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
CROSS REFERENCE THE MODEL
it's like 1-2 months old but you'd better believe i've been looking

there's a few models of bravely second agnes from the ingame AR cutscenes but as far as I can tell this one from default (looking weirdly close to her original 2D art) is all new, and doesn't come from anywhere official

in short, it confuses me

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Shazam looks so fun.
I still find it funny that 2 characters who were named Captain Marvel at one point in time, both are having movies coming out around the same time...

Is this some sort Bug's Life VS Antz situation, or was this just a total coincidence?

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
You know what I miss?

Leaks.

I just want me some big smash news already tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom