• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean if Dedede was real and he ran for President I'd vote for him.
Dreamland seems like a good place to live aside from the occasional cosmic horror.
LIES! ALL LIES!! Don’t believe it for a second!
My favorite thing about the MCU is that they managed to make a character who's dressed in an American flag, was a soldier, has one of the more boring out-of-suit designs, and who's name is literally Captain America actually pretty cool and not super corny
Chris Evans’s charisma probably helps with that as well. From what I’ve seen he embodies the character pretty well in and out of acting.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
No, you can see a slight glimpse of braviary in trailer 1, in the beginning
Just took another look and you're right, it's pretty much a blink-and-you'll-miss-it.

tbh i want another grinch leak
that was fun
No, absolutely not. The week where it existed was by far the most toxic and vitriolic that we've ever been, it should never be repeated.

D

Deleted member

I still find it funny that 2 characters who were named Captain Marvel at one point in time, both are having movies coming out around the same time...

Is this some sort Bug's Life VS Antz situation, or was this just a total coincidence?
Imagine that we got a good Justice League movie released the same day as the first Avengers.

What could have happened in that scenario?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
it's like 1-2 months old but you'd better believe i've been looking

there's a few models of bravely second agnes from the ingame AR cutscenes but as far as I can tell this one from default (looking weirdly close to her original 2D art) is all new, and doesn't come from anywhere official

in short, it confuses me
Not even any known fanart or fan made projects?

Granted the Grinch leak was basically fanart but it took less than a month for the creator to come clean, same for a different Agnès leak from last summer (the wrong accent gave it away)

D

Deleted member

LIES! ALL LIES!! Don’t believe it for a second!
Dedede hasn't been a villain for the past decade, he's alright now.
The last time he did the whole food stealing thing he was literally possessed, I can let it slide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My favorite thing about the MCU is that they managed to make a character who's dressed in an American flag, was a soldier, has one of the more boring out-of-suit designs, and who's name is literally Captain America actually pretty cool and not super corny
I mean, outside of the early days where everyone was super corny, Cap's always been a great character. Brubaker's run in particular was fantastic.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eh, I actually like how there's not been many leaks lately. Things are less chaotic around here... barely.
Same. Leaks sure bring more talk but not necessarily the good kind of.

I prefer a boring month to a drama-filled one, not that we need leaks for hot debates.

D

Deleted member

Oh by the way, quick reminder that very soon our favorite existential crisis having Italian will play Final Fantasy IX.
Reminder that in the game, there's an area called Conde Petie, with funny men having funny accents.

You know where this is going.

D

Deleted member

Why are people treating the Grinch leak as some kinda traumatising "we shall never mention it again" type deal

Stop being so dramatic, it was a ****ing hilarious week, and a ****ing hilarious direct afterwards

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oof

Looking at the new and improved Agnès leak, the letters aren’t exactly synced with each other

Though that might be expected from a potato phone shot right??

D

Deleted member

I mean, outside of the early days where everyone was super corny, Cap's always been a great character. Brubaker's run in particular was fantastic.
Yeah but you would think that he would look super ridiculous on film

D

Deleted member

Why are people treating the Grinch leak as some kinda traumatising "we shall never mention it again" type deal

Stop being so dramatic, it was a ****ing hilarious week, and a ****ing hilarious direct afterwards
It brought a lot of not great people here during that week so I can see where they're coming from

D

Deleted member

You know what I miss?

Leaks.

Ever since Jack and Brave and their stats were scrubbed clean and both the Steve-Doomguy-Hayabusa AND Reimu-Crono-Banjo-Agumon leaks were proven false, we’ve got nada on the leak front

Ffs throw me the most blatantly fake text or image leak just to get things goinggggg
This is pretty much how DLC for Smash 4 went. I wouldn't expect big Vergeben style leaks anymore, honestly; I think Nintendo is keeping the rest of the DLC under wraps. We're just gonna have to be patient. :drshrug:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

For me, who didn't really want most of the characters in the leak, yeah it was interesting.

For other people who wanted those characters... not so much.

D

Deleted member

The best part was Serebii popping up here and nobody believing him.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Do you want me to remind those 4chan Steve pics?

Jokes aside, yeah, it wasn't that bad but it probably made the reaction to the last direct worse.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Dedede hasn't been a villain for the past decade, he's alright now.
The last time he did the whole food stealing thing he was literally possessed, I can let it slide.
Actually I forgot I had started that. That message was supposed to be paired with these images but until now the files I had we too big. The whole thing was supposed to be:

024F7312-87DF-47DA-BF78-17C4381E46E2.png

827C71C4-B72D-48A1-B6A7-0947812ECC4E.png

“LIES! ALL LIES!! Don’t believe it for a second!”

Sorry about that.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Oof

Looking at the new and improved Agnès leak, the letters aren’t exactly synced with each other

Though that might be expected from a potato phone shot right??
impossible to tell from PotatoCam unfortunately, i remember ESRB in 2014 having stuff that seemed weird/misaligned as a result of poor quality but equally grinch leak got a lot of mileage out of looking like a 144p jpeg

D

Deleted member

For me, who didn't really want most of the characters in the leak, yeah it was interesting.

For other people who wanted those characters... not so much.
I mean it's understandable to be a bit upset

But being duped so hard by a 9999 iq mastermind is something to laugh about

D

Deleted member

I was happy with the results, it was funny to see the reactions of the people that were so sure it couldn't be fake. I learned to wait for video evidence from the ESRB leak and the Omni Rayman leak on 4.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Real talk

When tf they gonna leak Elma

Wanna see what kinda fighter model they produce

D

Deleted member

Back then, I always took every option as likely as the others.

Before the Direct released, I always answered the same to anyone who asked about the most popular rumours: "Kencineroar or Grinch"

I never answered them separated, because I knew that it could easily go anyway and I didn't want to make the expectations of others too high.

And even then, Kencineroar was great for me because it involved a Pokémon rep, who a friend of mine always loves to see happening.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, I guess that makes sense! So, how are you?
good in some ways, bad in some ways. that's often how it goes.
I'm glad joker is coming closer, and we should be getting info around smash soon too im guessing. So that's something to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom