• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I was worried about this too when they were hyping her up as the strongest Avenger but I have faith in Kevin Feige. He found a clever way to nerf Vision in Infinity War, and he kept the OG 6 alive for a reason.

bro
the thing we're talking about is brie saying that there's not enough diversity in the film critiquing business and how it's mostly white people
cla made a snarky comment about how white people keep on getting outraged the moment someone mentions diversity
we're obviously not talking about all white people here, just this specific group

lordy
Game And Watch is literally black tho.

D

Deleted member

Rocket Raccoon is gonna be the one to kill Thanos because the Guardians arguably have the most relationship with him in the MCU and Rocket is the last Guardian.
I'm betting my life savings on this.
So I guess whites aren't human then. I guess they don't deserve sympathy then.
That's not what he said at all what

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don’t really have much to say on the whole Brie Larson matter but I will say that if you have every right to critique a film, tv show, game, etc. regardless if you’re in its intended audience or not, because it’s your money and time being spent, so your voice deserves to be heard. No bad decisions should get passes just because a project is made for a specific audience in mind and good decisions can be appreciated by everyone. Sorry if I sound a little preachy here.

D

Deleted member

The Skrulls are SUPPOSED to spook you, not to mention it gives us the potential for Secret Invasion, that would be ****ing hype, especially if they remember how to write Cap

Imagine thinking the selling point of horror movies with monsters is the story and not the freaky monster who kills people.
This post was made by 'We actually watch movies' gang
If a horror movie has a lame, uncompelling story, it won't do well.

This post was made by #istilldontknowhowthisjokeworksgang

D

Deleted member

Good lord, I just want to see how the MCU handles Captain Marvel compared to her comic counterpart (and maybe improve her like the Civil War movie did with its comic counterpart) and the Skrulls done right and far away from Fox.

Why does bad stuff always happen with a movie featuring Fantastic Four content?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Alright guys, I'll see you later. I have to report to the white overlord Bralmengorg back at the mothership. Someone may have seen through our disguise and found out we weren't human. We've gotta retaliate strategically

D

Deleted member

same man i just ****ing hate white people, thanks for saying exactly what was on my mind
Why are there so many white ppl in movies? Its not like white people take up the majority of america or something.

D

Deleted member

I don’t really have much to say on the whole Brie Larson matter but I will say that if you have every right to critique a film, tv show, game, etc. regardless if you’re in its intended audience or not, because it’s your money and time being spent, so your voice deserves to be heard. No bad decisions should get passes just because a project is made for a specific audience in mind and good decisions can be appreciated by everyone. Sorry if I sound a little preachy here.
yeah but the thing brie's saying that people are angry about is that when a film is meant for an intended audience such as a minority group or at least shows love to a minority group oftentimes minorities from that group aren't in the position to critique it

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Though I wonder would having Sandman or King Hippo be better than Doc Louis?

I mean, hmmm.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why are there so many white ppl in movies? Its not like white people take up the majority of america or something.
51% and 99% are both different kinds of majorities. Being a "majority" is, in itself, meaningless. Rather, it's the exact proportion that matters. Because I can tell you, the US is definitely not close to being 95% white, but you wouldn't know that by looking at Hollywood.

D

Deleted member

Alright guys, I'll see you later. I have to report to the white overlord Bralmengorg back at the mothership. Someone may have seen through our disguise and found out we weren't human. We've gotta retaliate strategically
I freakin knew it...

*looks at the entirety of the Slasher genre and mediocre/bad movies such as Bayformers* Sure chief
At this point, most people only watch Bayformers movies to see the train wreck.

D

Deleted member

You could apply your first paragraph to literally any group. Also, as for your 2nd paragraph, I know that she isn't actually calling out white guys, but the way she said it makes me understand why some people would be mad.
Yeah, I’m getting flashbacks to that time a certain someone said there was no such thing as false accusations.

D

Deleted member

Well, I didn't really mean for things to go so out of hand when I briefly tried to explain the perspective of the people who had an issue with Captain Marvel, but this was to be expected at this point.

I have a lot of opinions I could share, but I felt like the argument would be going on for much longer than I was willing to spend time on. I know from the tone of a lot of the responses that I've grown to become a pretty polarizing commenter on the forum, so I'll do y'all a favor and leave. Won't start any more arguments then.

Was a good time up till Ultimate came around, but things aren't really at a comfortable level for me anymore. See you around and have fun with the future DLC batch of Smash.

D

Deleted member

white ppl are like 51-52% iirc, hollywood does NOT reflect that 49% at all

say it with me kids
MINORITY
REPRESENTATION
IS
A
GOOD
THING

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Man you are really overestimating what the average movie-goer possesses in terms of cinematic integrity or the ability to properly criticize

Most people watch those movies because they like CG and explosions.
Well, I didn't really mean for things to go so out of hand when I briefly tried to explain the perspective of the people who had an issue with Captain Marvel, but this was to be expected at this point.

I have a lot of opinions I could share, but I felt like the argument would be going on for much longer than I was willing to spend time on. I know from the tone of a lot of the responses that I've grown to become a pretty polarizing commenter on the forum, so I'll do y'all a favor and leave. Won't start any more arguments then.

Was a good time up till Ultimate came around, but things aren't really at a comfortable level for me anymore. See you around and have fun with the future DLC batch of Smash.
Bye! Next time, don't bring up misinformation and then stop replying when your point is proven wrong!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
On one hand, if a movie does have more of a specific audience, it'd be nice to have reviewers that are able to appreciate it more, but on the other hand we're living in the world we are and you benefit from making a movie appeal to loads of people. Movies have things that are challenges to some people all the time and there's always ways to portray them so that it's not only digestible but good in some way, whether touching or enjoyable.

Cpt marvel might have a bit of feminism in it, but it's largely a superhero movie, and i think the comments around it are blown out of proportion.
Or maybe i'll change my idea about it once i actually see it. we'll see :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
51% and 99% are both different kinds of majorities. Being a "majority" is, in itself, meaningless. Rather, it's the exact proportion that matters. Because I can tell you, the US is definitely not close to being 95% white, but you wouldn't know that by looking at Hollywood.
Are you trying to tell me that visual medium isn't 100% objective to our own world?
I freakin knew it...

Those movies have never been good, but look up the box office scores. They are RIDICULOUSLY successful, especially with China. Considering I actually study movies and research movies in my own free time, I think I have a better grasp at what people expect from a Slasher movie.

D

Deleted member

Those movies have never been good, but look up the box office scores. They are RIDICULOUSLY successful, especially with China. Considering I actually study movies and research movies in my own free time, I think I have a better grasp at what people expect from a Slasher movie.
Yet you don’t seem to understand Alien.

D

Deleted member

Because I was responding to someone saying that the stats fit zidane to a tee.
Also, It was partly a funny post, and I was only partly serious myself with it. I still think the stats could drastically change so anyone could technically have a chance, but we can only speculate more specifically on what we know.

The stats exist, which have the weight as well as the stats for fall speed and everything else. Floatiness is different from weight. Characters that naturally fast-fall aren't floaty, but if they set that you can input fast-fall early enough, it doesnt matter too much practically in a lot of cases. You can see with the stats put on Ike for what that looks like, if you wanna see:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I would say that Sakurai and the development team try their best to give respects to all the roster's original designs, while still making them fit for battle and take a few creative liberties. There's a few characters I'd say that wouldn't really necessarily fit them, but they would work nonetheless.

That is to say, even with these parameters, it doesn't tell us much of anything if we don't know who the character is, so it's still up for debate. And we still don't even know if the supposed Square rep is really second in line or not, as it was presumed to be the first DLC character in line.

So with that being said, move over Geno and Erdrick, THE REAL SQUARE REP IS HERE.

BEST FINAL FANTASY TRAIN ESSKEEIT.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
yeah but the thing brie's saying that people are angry about is that when a film is meant for an intended audience such as a minority group or at least shows love to a minority group oftentimes minorities from that group aren't in the position to critique it
And there is merit to that issue, I’m just saying that you should be allowed to critique a form of media if you’ve seen it regardless if you’re in its intended audience or not.

D

Deleted member

Yep.

Honestly guys, if you wanna go see Captain Marvel, go see Captain Marvel. If you don't, then don't. Simple as that.
nobody is really talking about captain marvel at this point, we're just talking about brie's comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom