• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
We're talking about measurements tho
Talking about measurements and actually having the full set required to state things as fact are two different things. You tried to claim that "Brave" can't be Zidane over a weight score, which you admitted was separate from floatiness itself.
and of course the stats will probably change.
So then, why bother trying to claim it's not a certain character who still has a chance then?
I'm just excited for when Kamala Khan gets into the MCU tbh
Same. The current Ms. Marvel? Now unlike Carol, she's keen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

E0C9E6EA-8654-4E34-AAC9-9CC39914D285.jpeg

VS

A194DB06-0C0F-4437-882D-43260AE0A557.jpeg

Just for the looks alone, I am invested on seeing Captain Marvel over anything done by Fox in general (with Logan and Deadpool being exceptions).

Anyone who says that Captain Marvel looks bad hasn’t seen the stuff I saw since I got invested in Marvel and DC through the years.

I will watch Captain Marvel before claiming if it is good or bad, because Marvel Studios has literally a better track record than Fox.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Wow... They're aren't any black people in Smash...

I just realized that.

Well I guess :ultinkling::ultinklingboy: count?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
nobody bats an eye because its apprently ok if we women are sexist to men now.
which is dumb btw
I don't think people genuinely believe it's okay for women to be sexist toward men. It's just that no one is brave enough to call out those who do because they fear the potential backlash they'll get from doing so. Men will be told they're "attacking" the woman, and other women will be scolded for not standing up for the cause.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also I like people using Civil War II as an example for why Captain Marvel is bad but literally everyone agrees that both of the infamous Civil War stories are some of the trashiest comics out there from Marvel
I guess that makes the Infinity Stones the main character of Infinity War then? The Alien is a plot device, Ripley is a character.
The Alien IS THE SELLING POINT OF THE MOVIE. I shouldn't have to explain the most basic **** about horror movies with monsters and **** TWICE. Do people watch Nightmare on Elm Street for Nancy? Do people watch Friday the 13th for whoever the **** the protagonist is? Do people watch Halloween for Laurie? Nope, they watch them for Freddy, Jason and Micheal!

D

Deleted member

Well I'm sure she's sorry that she didn't perfectly word it to cater to the sensitive little feelings of white dudes who have nothing better to do
How come white people are the only group that gets no sympathy for being sensitive? You could say the same thing about gays and blacks, but then you'll just be called a h8ter.

Word of advice: The way somebody says something or the tone they use can be easily misinterpreted in a textual format.
As a penguin, Im not sure why you care, but I am pretty sure that there were plenty of better ways to word her statements. I'm not mad tho, we all mess up sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Well, while everyone freaks about Captain Marvel,

I'm going to be sitting here, waiting for the prodigal sons to return.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Talking about measurements and actually having the full set required to state things as fact are two different things. You tried to claim that "Brave" can't be Zidane over a weight score, which you admitted was separate from floatiness itself.

So then, why bother trying to claim it's not a certain character who still has a chance then?
Because I was responding to someone saying that the stats fit zidane to a tee.
Also, It was partly a funny post, and I was only partly serious myself with it. I still think the stats could drastically change so anyone could technically have a chance, but we can only speculate more specifically on what we know.

The stats exist, which have the weight as well as the stats for fall speed and everything else. Floatiness is different from weight. Characters that naturally fast-fall aren't floaty, but if they set that you can input fast-fall early enough, it doesnt matter too much practically in a lot of cases. You can see with the stats put on Ike for what that looks like, if you wanna see:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
The only issue I have with Captain Marvel is that I don’t want her to just be in one movie literally a month before Endgame so that she can show up and kill Thanos herself. It’s gotta be a team effort from the characters who have been built up over the past decade. Also, Skrulls spook me. What if a character we love is suddenly revealed to just have been a shapeshifted Skrull, that would be awful.

D

Deleted member

Also I like people using Civil War II as an example for why Captain Marvel is bad but literally everyone agrees that both of the infamous Civil War stories are some of the trashiest comics out there from Marvel
That’s why I dislike the Civil War II argument for Carol Danvers.
The first Civil War was bad already, so I don’t even want to check the second one since it could probably repeat the same issues.

D

Deleted member

I literally mentioned an example of Alita, which proves that you're not even reading my post lmao. Also, Alien? As in, the 70's classic which focused on, you know, the Alien and not a woman? As in, the movie with the iconic monster which was designed to be phallic so that everyone would feel unnerved by the movie because a penis shaped monster would stick **** in you to the point where the transwoman got ****ing sodomized by the Alien in the original script? As in, the movie where the girl strips down near the end of the movie just because lol sex appeal?
It may not be Ripley the movie, but it’s very much so from the perspective of Ripley. You don’t know too much the Alien, the Alien is a lot more hidden and subdued unlike any of the sequels. And yeah Ripley took off some clothes, but she didn’t have sex appeal until the third movie.

Not going to argue that there isn’t a **** ton of innuendo and symbolism in Alien. But isn’t played for sex appeal. Quite the opposite.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
How come white people are the only group that gets no sympathy for being sensitive? You could say the same thing about gays and blacks, but then you'll just be called a h8ter.
Because literally nothing happens to white people. We don't suffer from anything due to our skin color besides some mean tweets. I've grown up around minorities and have noticed a difference. It wasn't until I moved to the rural south where I learned that people aren't supposed to be afraid of police. It is an inherently different lifestyle for most, as there are some exceptions, but you can't compare injustices between them at all.

D

Deleted member

The Alien IS THE SELLING POINT OF THE MOVIE. I shouldn't have to explain the most basic **** about horror movies with monsters and **** TWICE. Do people watch Nightmare on Elm Street for Nancy? Do people watch Friday the 13th for whoever the **** the protagonist is? Do people watch Halloween for Laurie? Nope, they watch them for Freddy, Jason and Micheal!
Its not about the selling points, its about the story. If the selling points were relevant, than you could say that people are only going to see CM to know what happens in Endgame. Calm down my guy.

D

Deleted member

The only issue I have with Captain Marvel is that I don’t want her to just be in one movie literally a month before Endgame so that she can show up and kill Thanos herself.
I was worried about this too when they were hyping her up as the strongest Avenger but I have faith in Kevin Feige. He found a clever way to nerf Vision in Infinity War, and he kept the OG 6 alive for a reason.
How come white people are the only group that gets no sympathy for being sensitive?
bro
the thing we're talking about is brie saying that there's not enough diversity in the film critiquing business and how it's mostly white people
cla made a snarky comment about how white people keep on getting outraged the moment someone mentions diversity
we're obviously not talking about all white people here, just this specific group
Mr. Game and Watch.
lordy

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I just realized that.

If Elma becomes DLC we may well have a black person in Smash
even though it’s only her Mimeosome that looks like that...

D

Deleted member

The only issue I have with Captain Marvel is that I don’t want her to just be in one movie literally a month before Endgame so that she can show up and kill Thanos herself. It’s gotta be a team effort from the characters who have been built up over the past decade. Also, Skrulls spook me. What if a character we love is suddenly revealed to just have been a shapeshifted Skrull, that would be awful.
There’s apparently a twist with the Skrulls in the movie.
I won’t spoil it, but I personally would like it to be the case since it fits them great and feels more creative.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It turns out the real Brave was The Gamers all along.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

I just realized that.

If we're not counting fighters there's Doc Louis and Rodin
Would be cool if Doc got a shot at the roster, but I can't see that happening unless we got another Punch Out Game

D

Deleted member

If Elma becomes DLC we may well have a black person in Smash
even though it’s only her Mimeosome that looks like that...
ngl i wasn't super fond of them giving elma such a cool design only to turn her into sexy alien girl by the end

D

Deleted member

Because literally nothing happens to white people. We don't suffer from anything due to our skin color besides some mean tweets. I've grown up around minorities and have noticed a difference. It wasn't until I moved to the rural south where I learned that people aren't supposed to be afraid of police. It is an inherently different lifestyle for most, as there are some exceptions, but you can't compare injustices between them at all.
So I guess whites aren't human then. I guess they don't deserve sympathy then.

Roberk

Smash Champion
There’s apparently a twist with the Skrulls in the movie.
I won’t spoil it, but I personally would like it to be the case since it fits them great and feels more creative.
>Skrulls
>Twist
Yep, that’s exactly what I’m afraid of, not making it any better.

Pakky

Smash Hero
If we're not counting fighters there's Doc Louis and Rodin
Would be cool if Doc got a shot at the roster, but I can't see that happening unless we got another Punch Out Game
Low key both of them should have been newcomers.

Rodin is the ****.

Also Punch Out has a lot to offer honestly. If we had like 3 of them I doubt all of them would just be :ultlittlemac: clones

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The Skrulls are SUPPOSED to spook you, not to mention it gives us the potential for Secret Invasion, that would be ****ing hype, especially if they remember how to write Cap
Its not about the selling points, its about the story. If the selling points were relevant, than you could say that people are only going to see CM to know what happens in Endgame. Calm down my guy.
Imagine thinking the selling point of horror movies with monsters is the story and not the freaky monster who kills people.
This post was made by 'We actually watch movies' gang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom