• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

GOD DAMNIT.
THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT, THIS GAME IS TOO ****ING GOOD.

SCREW CLOUD. WE WERE ROBBED.

PUT ZIDANE IN SMASH AND GET EMO BLONDIE OUT OF HERE.

AAAAAH.png

D

Deleted member

The only nitpick with the movie that I could have at the moment is that one of the scenes published online doesn’t look nicely edited.

I don’t talk about the CGI or the acting, just that the camera changes its place too much during the scene, which looks awkward.

Outside of that, nothing terrible to say.

EDIT: this is the scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The only nitpick with the movie that I could have at the moment is that one of the scenes published online doesn’t look nicely edited.

I don’t talk about the CGI or the acting, just that the camera changes its place too much during the scene, which looks awkward.

Outside of that, nothing terrible to say.
marvel has this issue with a lot of cuts in their fight scenes
one of the best parts in civil war was that extended shot of cap and bucky fighting tony that was so tight they should have more segments like that

D

Deleted member

You realize men were outraged at Wonder Woman either way right? Be it the woman only screening or one of the more popular neonazis Stefan Molyneax whining about it? And I remember seeing at least one person whine Alita wasn't sexy enough. Captain Marvel reviews are generally very positive so far and it's estimated ti make 150 million on opening weekend which is very realistic due to all the appealing things for fans outside of being the first female lead movie such as Skrulls, a taste of what will come in Endgame and more of Nick Fury's past.

That sounds more like superhero fatigue which is something people are starting to get which is fair enough. Although what do you mean with 'diverse' here? Cause Antman and the Wasp had Ghost who was a woman of colour (and a great villain to boot). I'm assuming you mean in terms of settings as Thor 3 and GotG have very unique scenery in comparison to pretty much every other MCU movie
How about Alien and Alita? I have seen some sexism surrounding Force Awakens tho.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
marvel has this issue with a lot of cuts in their fight scenes
one of the best parts in civil war was that extended shot of cap and bucky fighting tony that was so tight
I hate cuts in fight scenes. But youre saying civil war did it different than the other ones?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
HOLY ****.

AND THE LEAKED DATAMINE PARAMETERS FIT ZIDANE TO A MOTHER****ING TEE.

OH MY ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

View attachment 196435
Broke: The Square rep is either Erdrick, Sora, Crono, Sephiroth, Geno or Slime
Woke: The Square rep is Lara Croft, Neku Sakuraba or Agnès Oblige
A S C E N D E D: The Square rep is ZIDANE MOTHER ****ING TRIBAL

yaaaaassss

"god i just ****ing HATE men"
Like word for word? Cause if so, massive OOF

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope its not. But she as a character from I understand from Civil War 2 is that she's kinda bad.

Also apparently her books have gotten like 5 reboots or something back to back?
She was basically a super villain in Civil War 2, jailing people based on the suspicion that they would commit a crime, so it soured many people on the character. It really comes down to bad writing though, since the authors had to set up some moral conflict between Carol and Tony even if it was nonsense.
I'm still gonna give the movie a shot though, since the MCU isn't the comics.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I hate Gamora's yellow eye circles.

1551890517825.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Broke: The Square rep is either Erdrick, Crono, Sephiroth, Geno or Slime
Woke: The Square rep is Lara Croft, Neku Sakuraba or Agnès Oblige
A S C E N D E D: The Square rep is ZIDANE MOTHER ****ING TRIBAL

yaaaaassss
BEYOND INFINITY: The Square rep is Chocobo

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
People will cry about the movie being too political. Not because of pro-military propaganda like a lot of **** the US is obsessed with but because the movie has a female lead and she has cooties
Ehhhh....no. Honestly if the movie ends up getting majorly negative reception with this case, I doubt it will majorly be because of that.

Especially seeing how being female-led never hurt Wonder Woman, the Alien movies, Alita, and the list goes on.

I'm personally not interested just because everything I've seen, bores me to no end. Sure, Brie Larson hasn't been helping things, but if the movie's good, I'll attribute that more so to Marvel's success anyway. And lately Marvel have been trying to push Carol Danvers, a rather...unpopular character a bit too much to no avail so far.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She was basically a super villain in Civil War 2, jailing people based on the suspicion that they would commit a crime, so it soured many people on the character. It really comes down to bad writing though, since the authors had to set up some moral conflict between Carol and Tony even if it was nonsense.
I'm still gonna give the movie a shot though, since the MCU isn't the comics.
To be honest, the first Civil War movie also messed the identity of too many characters to even take place.
I even prefer the MCU movie based on it way more, because it at least writes the characters right regarding the MCU take of them.

If someone asked me about which version of Civil War they should check, I will always say the movie.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Except for the weight. Sorry to ruin your spree
Didn’t the weight say “floaty”? Cause if you’ve played the PSP Dissidia games Zidane’s definitely a floaty type and does best in the air

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How about Alien and Alita? I have seen some sexism surrounding Force Awakens tho.
I literally mentioned an example of Alita, which proves that you're not even reading my post lmao. Also, Alien? As in, the 70's classic which focused on, you know, the Alien and not a woman? As in, the movie with the iconic monster which was designed to be phallic so that everyone would feel unnerved by the movie because a penis shaped monster would stick **** in you to the point where the transwoman got ****ing sodomized by the Alien in the original script? As in, the movie where the girl strips down near the end of the movie just because lol sex appeal?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
there was this one part in the final fight (which i absolutely loved btw, it was so well done)
Still some odd cuts sometimes. But i'll probably watch civil war sometime before the new avengers, if it's still on netflix.

D

Deleted member

I watched a lot of terrible adaptations in my life: Batman & Robin, Superman 3 and 4, BvS, the Fantastic Four movies, Origins Wolverine, Ben Affleck’s Daredevil, the Transformers movies by Michael Bay, X-Men 3 and many more.

And I know what I say when I claim that what I’ve seen and heard so far from Captain Marvel is anything but bad or awful.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm actually suprised people even reacted to this. Feels like a female celebrity says something similar to this every week and no one bats an eye.

It's good she was called out, but I wish people would do the same for others.
nobody bats an eye because its apprently ok if we women are sexist to men now.
which is dumb btw

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Didn’t the weight say “floaty”? Cause if you’ve played the PSP Dissidia games Zidane’s definitely a floaty type and does best in the air
No, Floatiness is seperate from weight. The character isn't that floaty, but anyway the weight was over 100 by 1 or a few points, so that makes it decently heavy, and not something Zidane would have, especially known more as a thief.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
To be honest, the first Civil War movie also messed the identity of too many characters to even take place.
I even prefer the MCU movie based on it way more, because it at least writes the characters right regarding the MCU take of them.

If someone asked me about which version of Civil War they should check, I will always say the movie.
Nah, they should see the Great Roman Civil War (49-45BC). The fight scenes between Pompey and Caesar's armies are awesome.

D

Deleted member

I literally mentioned an example of Alita, which proves that you're not even reading my post lmao. Also, Alien? As in, the 70's classic which focused on, you know, the Alien and not a woman? As in, the movie with the iconic monster which was designed to be phallic so that everyone would feel unnerved by the movie because a penis shaped monster would stick **** in you to the point where the transwoman got ****ing sodomized by the Alien in the original script? As in, the movie where the girl strips down near the end of the movie just because lol sex appeal?
Lok, where's the Alita example? Also, the Alien isn't the main character of the movie. Wonder Woman's controversy also came from a vocal minority.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
No. Floatiness is seperate from weight. The character isn't that floaty, but anyway the weight was over 100 by 1 or a few points, so that makes it decently heavy, and not something Zidane would have, especially known more as a thief.
It seems we're falling into subjective matters of perspective in what ya'll consider "floaty" here.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Okay guys, I see "Brie Larson is a sexist white-man hating bigot" thrown around this thread a lot so let's see what she has said regarding white dudes reviewing things.

In regards to "A Wrinkle in Time", she said this:

“I don’t need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work about A Wrinkle in Time. It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to women of color, biracial women, to teen women of color.”

Which admittedly, is a little harsh and isn't quite how we should view criticism. After all, anyone should be able to critique. However, she then went on to clarify:

“Am I saying I hate white dudes? No, I am not. What I am saying is if you make a movie that is a love letter to women of color, there is an insanely low chance a woman of color will have a chance to see your movie, and review your movie.

Seemingly implying that she really just wants to hear more about what POC have to say about the film. Understandable, but she could have said this a little more gracefully.

Now, recently, she has said this in the matter, in a final attempt of clarification:

“About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed 
it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of color, it sounded like across the board they weren’t getting the same opportunities as others. When I talked to the facilities that weren’t providing it, they all had different excuses.”

So, besides MAYBE the slight glimmer of it in that first quote, how exactly is she a sexist?

Edit: Source and source

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom